Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rusko187

Rodgers Expectations 18/19 Season

I suppose mainly it’s to continue to develop our style of play while still being able to win, which is what Claude struggled with. Claude had some great ideas but clearly had trouble communicating them to the squad - not just because of his struggle with the language but also because of his demeanour.

For me what Claude got right was his recruitment. Ricardo, Maddison, Evans were all excellent acquisitions. Soyuncu and Benkovic were for the future with the latter being sent up to Uncle Brendan to develop. I believe Ghezzal has some quality about him but Claude wasnt able to find it. Ward was a brilliant choice too, though perhaps expensive. And Tielemans - he knew what the squad lacked and went out and found it. Yet again though, he couldn’t make it work.

From what I’ve read from the Salty Celtic fans Brendan’s recruitment wasn’t great. But Celtic’s hardly a great barometre being in a pub league and unable to afford anything; the more rational Scots have said that he was met with resistance from a difficult board too (the chairman’s son being head of recruitment doesn’t sound useful)

I guess well have to see. I am very excited nonetheless.

• Like 4

Regarding recruitment, we really don't need much at the moment. A backup to Vardy is probably the essential, assuming we keep Tielemans next season either on loan or on a permanent deal. Other than that we have lots of good players and a good squad which is under performing.

We need a manager that can improve the players we already have, and in theory that's exactly what we have just done. Hence exciting times!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding recruitment, we really don't need much at the moment. A backup to Vardy is probably the essential, assuming we keep Tielemans next season either on loan or on a permanent deal. Other than that we have lots of good players and a good squad which is under performing.

We need a manager that can improve the players we already have, and in theory that's exactly what we have just done. Hence exciting times!

I'm certain BR will bring in several new players in the summer whether we need them or not. New managers don't feel like it's 'their team' until they do.

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We do still have an overbloated squad which Claude was trying to address; the Newport game was appalling but he did have a right to expect better from those players. If he had’ve played the first team then people would have been moaning that he wasn’t utilising the squad. 

With Shinji, Simpson, Fuchs and Wes’s contracts ending this summer I expect he’ll make a few signings to replace them in the squad.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I suppose mainly it’s to continue to develop our style of play while still being able to win, which is what Claude struggled with. Claude had some great ideas but clearly had trouble communicating them to the squad - not just because of his struggle with the language but also because of his demeanour.

For me what Claude got right was his recruitment. Ricardo, Maddison, Evans were all excellent acquisitions. Soyuncu and Benkovic were for the future with the latter being sent up to Uncle Brendan to develop. I believe Ghezzal has some quality about him but Claude wasnt able to find it. Ward was a brilliant choice too, though perhaps expensive. And Tielemans - he knew what the squad lacked and went out and found it. Yet again though, he couldn’t make it work.

From what I’ve read from the Salty Celtic fans Brendan’s recruitment wasn’t great. But Celtic’s hardly a great barometre being in a pub league and unable to afford anything; the more rational Scots have said that he was met with resistance from a difficult board too (the chairman’s son being head of recruitment doesn’t sound useful)

I guess well have to see. I am very excited nonetheless.

Well balanced post, while I'm not gonna dwell on Puels time here he deserves credit for the much needed changes he started, he put us on the right track. 

A similar manager but with better communication and man management skills seems the logical improvement. I like his attacking philosophy too. 

We have a lot going for us as a club !

On 27/02/2019 at 08:05, Rusko187 said:

Heard on Radio Leicester last night they were talking about his expectations and got me thinking what's everyone else thinking for remainder of this season.

For me he's "kind of" got a free hit for these last games, as long as we're safe in the league I'd much rather he get to grips with the squad as to what he needs and what he wants out of the team.

This gives him a great platform to build over the summer and get 19/20 season off to a banger, from there my expectations would be a top half finish and a good cup run.

Discuss..

£200m go spend in the summer that’ll buy a couple of over inflated priced players whoever released Brendan’s Budget needs a swift kick up the Jacksy !!

He wouldn't have come here if there wasn't assurances from the board that he'll get significant support. 

The Brighton game showed what promise our squad has and how poor they are during spells in games where we usually concede - Brighton were unfortunate to go away with nothing IMHO. 

Coming in now gives him a great opportunity to assess what he's got, what he needs to keep, what he needs to move on and where he needs to bring in additions. 

Exciting times but I'm pretty sure Everton fans thought this when koeman arrived, so I'll not get too ahead of myself. 

?

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8526794/leicester-rodgers-transfer-wilson/

I’m concerned for his wellbeing if this is his expectation!!! ??

That story is a joke. James Maddisen to replace Christian Eriksen. No Way.

$40 mil for Callum Wilson. A lot of money for a player who has injury issues and is 27. Must be his agent.

For once Brendan has a DOF and Recruitment staff he can work with. Hopefully a club that uses analytics as well as old fashioned scouting aka 'boots on the ground'.  A Professional Operation not the Transfer committee joke that it was at Liverpool.

Give him the tools he needs and he will succeed.  Lets see the gems Rodgers and his staff extract before blowing all the cash. He's here to build on the foundations of what we already have not start all over again. That's for Man City.

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We do still have an overbloated squad which Claude was trying to address; the Newport game was appalling but he did have a right to expect better from those players. If he had’ve played the first team then people would have been moaning that he wasn’t utilising the squad. 

With Shinji, Simpson, Fuchs and Wes’s contracts ending this summer I expect he’ll make a few signings to replace them in the squad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wes is still here as back up in case of injuries.

Unless he gets a super offer elsewhere.

The rest can all go except Amartey.

First things first ensure safety.  As good as safe but 4 points in any of the next 4 games more or less guarantees it. 

With that out of the way I would be happy with our strongest team available for half the games left and the others for squad players 12 to 20 to impress. For instance Mendy had his critics but he was very effective on Tuesday night. He's up against it with N'Didi as a starter but we still have to have able backup. Post title win we havent really had adequate strength in depth. Before the great escape we had Mahrez, Drinkwater and Albrighton on the bench at times so try and build the best of the squad is of importance until the summer.

Make sure everyone on the squad gets to start at least 2 games. That's 'on the beach' taIk but the weathers getting better so there.:DIf we are doing well for a finish then give Morgan, Fuchs and Okazaki some gametime towards the end. We all have voiced concerns about their form but they have all played big parts in our recent history so give them a chance to show our appreciation.

Be good for the fans to show a bit of patience with players. Not doing Nachoman or Ghezzal much good if they are getting heckled for everything they are trying to do during a game.

We haven't won more than 2 games in a row this season so 3 league wins in a row would also be welcome.

• Like 2

To ban Birch from his "rousing" speeches before matches.

"You can, and you do, make a difference!" before we boo them off for the seventh defeat in 13 home games.

Just get Brendan to read out some pseudo-Latin nonsense and we'll all be hooked.

• Haha 1

No great expectations, just looking forward to the new era. 

What I feel passionately in terms of helping the team in this new era is that we must stop the moaning and whinging every time we don’t pas the ball forward. Sometimes it’s not on and it’s better to keep possession than give the ball away aimlessly knocking it forward. 

And we have to get off the backs of players who are struggling, out of form or who we feel are not playing well enough. By all means slag them off in here or in the pub after, but let’s try and give them the best support we can in the stadium.

Never know, they might show us their best and might be better than we imagined and improve like the many players we’ve written off previously.

• Like 1