Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rusko187

Rodgers Expectations 18/19 Season

59 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Regardless of who the manager is, I would expect a top 10 finish with our squad, anything less is an underachievement. Given the dross we've put up with at times this season, I would be satisfied with that to be honest, anything better is a bonus. 

Except Puel of course 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Same as this year for me, solid top 10 with hopefully a push for 7th. A run in cups would be perfect. 

Sorry thought we were talking about next season. The rest of this should be a top 10 finish and signs of encouragement, a good home run will go down well. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

I'm not sure what to expect tbh, I can't do anything more than hope it all works well and we carry on with the acquisition/development of younger players and the clear-out of high wages players that currently aren't good enough...He needs to win us more games than we lose, however, the term "EPL Stepping Stone club" come to mind...

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Watford (a) - WIN

Fulham (h) - WIN

Burnley (a) - WIN

Bournemouth (h) - WIN

Huddersfield (a) - WIN

Newcastle (h) - WIN

West Ham (a) - WIN

Arsenal (h) - WIN

Manchester City (a) - WIN

Chelsea (h) - WIN

:ph34r:

Low expectations - I'm easily pleased. lol

Not realistic at all. We never beat Bournemouth....

I'll take a draw in that game lol

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Watford (a) - WIN

Fulham (h) - WIN

Burnley (a) - WIN

Bournemouth (h) - WIN

Huddersfield (a) - WIN

Newcastle (h) - WIN

West Ham (a) - WIN

Arsenal (h) - WIN

Chelsea (h) - WIN

I like it. Nothing like a bit of rampant wishful thinking.  Seriously though a minimum of 15 points from these games is easily achievable which would leave us sitting pretty in 7-9 place.  Rogers does have an almost free hit for the rest of the season realistically as we certainly will pick up the points necessary to ease any fears of getting dragged into any sort of dogfight at the bottom.  Last three games not ideal for finishing on a high to carry through to next season but will be a yardstick for us to judge the new regime by as he will have had a few games to bed in and assess things by then.  In reality the big tests are the middle group of games. Ones that we should be picking up points from but were failing miserably to do so in recent times. I am actually quite excited at what we could achieve next season with a bit of encouragement to our youngsters and a few tweaks to the squad over the summer. Yes some credit must go to Puel for his role in transitioning the squad (was always going to be a tough and unpopular job clearing out the legends) into a youthful group but his tactics, and inability to inspire, were found lacking in the end. Hopefully Brendan can take them to the next level now. Please let us not judge to soon, see what the summer brings and get behind everyone and anyone that crosses that white line in a blue shirt.

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Watford (a) - WIN

Fulham (h) - WIN

Burnley (a) - WIN

Bournemouth (h) - WIN

Huddersfield (a) - WIN

Newcastle (h) - WIN

West Ham (a) - WIN

Arsenal (h) - WIN

Chelsea (h) - WIN

I LOVE positive posts! 

Expectations for the rest of the season? Avoid relegation for a start.

Anything after that is a bonus - he should spend these 11 games evaluating his squad but also building their confidence back up as well as forming good relationships with them. Besides that hopefully he sorts the training out and that might resolve half the issues we have been seeing on the pitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Top 8

try and win a cup

shift all deadwood 

dominate game v weaker teams

never get beat by more than 2 goals

This is one drawback I think with him, is that we are quite likely to take the occasional tanking given how he plays.

I can tolerate it if the others make up for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

He will definitely have an eye on Man City away, final home game for them - and what he can do to potentially assist his former club LFC in their title aspirations.

or if he’s annoyed at liverpool, it might be the other way round!

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Top 10 finish is still possible even 7th place is! I think the shackles will be off, the players will enjoy playing football now and we will see improved performances and better results I reckon we will get 20 points from our remaining 10 games; 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. Which would have been good enough for 7th last season.

This is key for a squad of our ability

lay out expectations and set goals.

first chance show them whos boss.

find the next captain.(if in squad).

as for results probably be inconsistent still after the initial new manager period stops but by the end of the season have it.

i think he will know all he mostly needs to know about the squad pretty quickly.