Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

On 24/04/2019 at 11:01, Happy Fox said:

Neal Maupay is on fire for Brentford this season, reminds me of Vardy in terms of his pace and his clinical edge, has scored 27 goals and 9 assists this season.

Holy cow that's some record. How much do they want?

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Holy cow that's some record. How much do they want?

quoted saying they want £20m. Maupay is a great shout though.

Imo technically he’s better than Vards, doesn’t have the pace of Vards however he isn’t slow. His build up game is very similar to Firmino’s how He drops deep to link up play however he has that poachers instinct too. Thinking about it I personally think I would prefer this to Adams.

Bring In:

Lb: Joe Bryan

Cm: Tielemans 

cam: Mendez or Hazard 

W: Bowen 

W: James

St: Maupay

A boy can dream.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

On 21/04/2019 at 13:26, Foxxed said:

Didn't realise it was a loss. But if an offer came, and suggestions have been there, I'd rather promote our academy youth and use the money toward another transfer in a different position. We have both Hughes and Knight I think could be both decent when rotating between Evans, Benk, Morgan and possibly Amartey. (Assuming we sell Maguire)

So you want us to start the season with an aged Morgan. With an ageing (injury prone) Evans. Then have an unproven possibly injury prone Benkovic. With two untried u23's? 

Stick with football manager and don't give up your day job. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Bradaric £10 million

Bowen £17 million

Tielemans £35 million

Maupay £20 million

Total £82 million

Gray £15 million

Silva £15 million

Total £30 million

Loans for Hamza, Kelechi, and Caglar

That would be the ideal.

Caglar needs to stay and get minutes in with the first team, he could be first choice at some point next season and certainly the season after.

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Bradaric £10 million

Bowen £17 million

Tielemans £35 million

Maupay £20 million

Total £82 million

Gray £15 million

Silva £15 million

Total £30 million

Loans for Hamza, Kelechi, and Caglar

That would be the ideal.

No way we get Tielemans for £35m unless we bundle Silva into the deal as well, so total incoming would only be £15m in that case.

43 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So you want us to start the season with an aged Morgan. With an ageing (injury prone) Evans. Then have an unproven possibly injury prone Benkovic. With two untried u23's? 

Stick with football manager and don't give up your day job. 

Thank you for your kind advice sylofox! I was contemplating a new career as our director of recruitment. But now I'm having second thoughts! It's always a pleasure and joy to have your gentle, tender input thrust into my life's big decisions.

Evans is 31. Morgan's indistructable. Benkovic will spend his free time in the freezer. And Josh Knight will do a Hamza. And we'll spend the extra money on Tielemans. It'll all be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hastings United pair perform ‘really well’ at Leicester City

Simon Newstead

Published: 10:00 Wednesday 24 April 2019
Jamie Fielding on the ball during Hastings United's 3-0 win away to Sittingbourne on Saturday. Picture courtesy Scott White
Jamie Fielding on the ball during Hastings United's 3-0 win away to Sittingbourne on Saturday. Picture courtesy Scott White

Two talented young Hastings United footballers performed ‘really well’ at Leicester City last week, according to manager Chris Agutter.

Right-back Jamie Fielding and holding midfielder Adam Lovatt spent three days training with the 2015/16 Premier League champions.

Hastings United midfielder Adam Lovatt. Picture courtesy Scott White

Hastings United midfielder Adam Lovatt. Picture courtesy Scott White

Agutter said: “Very good. (Leicester manager) Brendan Rogers I believe, Kolo Toure and all the rest of it were there, and they thought they were part of the academy set-up already; they didn’t realise they were triallists. They did really well.

See also: * Hastings United pair set to train with Premier League giants
Premier League clubs watching Hastings United players
Hastings United talent almost joined Sunderland
Hastings United ace to go on trial with Leeds United

“I want to be more excited for them, but I’m just conscious I don’t want any distractions from what we’re doing at Hastings.

“Either way I think both lads will go on make significant step ups in levels next season, which is superb to be fair. It’s great for them and great for the club because it shows the vision we’ve got in terms of developing our own players, and bring through young players, works.

“I’m just pleased because when Johno (Simon Johnson) left last year, his replacement was Adam Lovatt. When Ollie Rowe left last year, his replacement was Jamie Fielding.

“It’s nice young, local players are coming through and stepping up, and I’m pretty sure moving on to bigger things.

“To be fair Adam especially is incredibly disciplined and professional, and they’re here to do a job for Hastings.”

Lovatt has made 40 appearances for Hastings this season (all bar five of them in the starting line-up) and 73 in total since breaking into the side in autumn 2017.

Fielding has played 32 times this term (25 from the start) and 40 times in total, scoring three goals (two this season). After being in and out of the side during the first four months of the campaign, he has established himself as a regular starter since mid-December.

Lovatt has already taken part in a trial with Sky Bet Championship high-flyers Leeds United this season and almost joined League One promotion hopefuls Sunderland on the final day of the January transfer window.

Hastings lie third in the Bostik League South East Division and are guaranteed a place in the end-of-term play-offs.

• Like 1

Never going to happen in my wildest dreams but I'd like this:

Out

Maguire - £65 million

Gray - £15 million

Silva - £15 million

Mendy - £10 million

Ghezzal - £5 million

Total £110 million

In

Tielemans - £35 Million

Bryan - £10 million

Bowen - £20 million

James - £15 million

Maupay - £20 million

Total £100 million 

Loans for Iheanacho, James.

12 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Never going to happen in my wildest dreams but I'd like this:

Out

Maguire - £65 million

Gray - £15 million

Silva - £15 million

Mendy - £10 million

Ghezzal - £5 million

Total £110 million

In

Tielemans - £35 Million

Bryan - £10 million

Bowen - £20 million

James - £15 million

Maupay - £20 million

Total £100 million 

Loans for Iheanacho, James.

I like it but I think we'd be left short at centre back. As much as Benkovic comes with much praise, he's still young and unproven in this league. You'd be leaving us with him, Morgan or Suyuncu partnering Evans in the 3 out of 5 games that he's fit. If Maguire goes, we'd need someone in with some experience who'd slot into a squad role. Perhaps Chambers at Fulham. Could cover at RB too.

What about trying to sign young prospects? Talents like Reece James, Smith-Rowe, Mason Greenwood, Brewster, even Foden (probably the most unlikely) would all surely be tempted by the chance to play regularly in the PL.

Look at how well Sancho has done, some of these players just need an opportunity. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

You mean Vardy at his age? If not I'm struggling with this. TBF I'm so used to being pissed off at the 'Vards just does one thing' merchants that I've probably gone too far the other way, but he has his fair share of tricks, flicks and bellyaches. And his amazing scoring rate isn't just down to him being quick...

I meant with regards to build up play, my bad could of word it better. 

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Thank you for your kind advice sylofox! I was contemplating a new career as our director of recruitment. But now I'm having second thoughts! It's always a pleasure and joy to have your gentle, tender input thrust into my life's big decisions.

Evans is 31. Morgan's indistructable. Benkovic will spend his free time in the freezer. And Josh Knight will do a Hamza. And we'll spend the extra money on Tielemans. It'll all be fine.

Wow what drugs are you on? 

I'm so glad our great club is in better hands. 

14 hours ago, Xen said:

No way we get Tielemans for £35m unless we bundle Silva into the deal as well, so total incoming would only be £15m in that case.

I actually think its plausible, depending on how he performs these last few games. But you're right, the 40 or so is more likely

14 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Caglar needs to stay and get minutes in with the first team, he could be first choice at some point next season and certainly the season after.

I think Soyuncu is a very good player but he needs to iron out his mistakes in play, and the only way he can do that is with continuous play time, at least for 6 months.

9 hours ago, foxes21 said:

What about trying to sign young prospects? Talents like Reece James, Smith-Rowe, Mason Greenwood, Brewster, even Foden (probably the most unlikely) would all surely be tempted by the chance to play regularly in the PL.

Look at how well Sancho has done, some of these players just need an opportunity. 

Most of these there's no chance, and there's a double-triple zero chance with Foden. The boy is not going anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he never left the club his whole career.