Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Martin Cockshaw says: Leicester City are planning a summer move for Romelu Lukaku. Man Utd are keen to move him on and he wishes to stay in England. Would be a win/win/win scenario for all three parties. Romelu is a dedicated pro and a great guy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

Martin Cockshaw says: Leicester City are planning a summer move for Romelu Lukaku. Man Utd are keen to move him on and he wishes to stay in England. Would be a win/win/win scenario for all three parties. Romelu is a dedicated pro and a great guy.

What a load of cockshaw!!!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

We need 2 wingers 

One should be enough. Barnes will get there, especially now he has his first legitimate goal. Taken sublimely and under massive pressure.

7 minutes ago, leuven said:

Leicester should look at Leandro Trossard of Genk (Belgium). Very talented winger who scores easily.

Looks like he's being linked with Arsenal. Good shout thought! Looks very good indeed. @leuven can you pass on the note to OHL so they tell Top please? lol

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

One should be enough. Barnes will get there, especially now he has his first legitimate goal. Taken sublimely and under massive pressure.

58 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Disagree personally , i really like Barnes and not sure if i'd like to see Ricardo pushed further on the right and get in a right back instead . But i'm a bit of a plank

Agree about Barnes and we definitely need a right winger. But what about strength in depth? Albrighton is another solid winger and a good option, but who are we bringing off the bench if we’re chasing a game and need a goal.. 

Thats why I think we need 2 wingers.. One right winger for the starting 11 & another winger as competition.

12 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Agree about Barnes and we definitely need a right winger. But what about strength in depth? Albrighton is another solid winger and a good option, but who are we bringing off the bench if we’re chasing a game and need a goal.. 

Thats why I think we need 2 wingers.. One right winger for the starting 11 & another winger as competition.

I would just like to see Ricardo in that forward role but if its not to be then yes we need another  

On 18/04/2019 at 13:23, moore_94 said:

Providing we manage to keep our main players this summer I would love for us to go for something like this next season

Would need to find some cover for the wing back positions and at most only need probably 4 players to come in including Tielemans to make this work with cover for players

DB1D39E1-A665-41E7-8C86-2D587AF35835.jpeg

I think personally another No.8 is needed aswell as signing Tielemans on a permanent deal. Sell Mendy have Choudhury as Ndidi’s back up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We need 2 wingers 

I agree with this personally. Said a few times we should look at both Dan James & Jarrod Bowen. Have Albrighton & Barnes as your starters let James & Bowen find there feet, then in terms of depth I think we are sorted in the wide positions. 

Sell Gray, Ghezzal & Kapustka.

Sell

Maguire - 50 mil (replace with Benk)

Mendy - 15 mil (replace with Hamza)

Soyuncu - 15 mil (replace with Hughes)

Buy

Tielemans - 50 mil

A young striker to replace Vardy eventually

A young winger to replace an aging Albrighton

Personally I think Rodgers is very lucky, the work to the squad needed is quite streight forward.

Release.

Simpson

Okazaki

Fuchs

Sell.

King

James

Slimani

Mendy

Jakupovic

Ghezzal

Silva (swap)

Diabate

Buy.

Tielemans

Mitrovic

Adams/Sturridge

Seri/Billing

Bowen

loan a few youngsters and happy days.

if only if it was that easy eh....

Anyone for Jack Grealish? I know he’d probably cost a lot for a championship player, but if we sell ghezzal, kaputska and gray/diabate that will fund some of it. But he’s comfortable playing as a 10 or an 8 and he can play out wide, he’s had a very good season for villa and he’s friends with a few of the lads in the squad.

Personally think we then only need to sign a back up striker and a LB and we should be set for the season.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So you'd want us to take a loss on a promising 22-year old CB less than a year after buying him? Nice one.

Didn't realise it was a loss. But if an offer came, and suggestions have been there, I'd rather promote our academy youth and use the money toward another transfer in a different position. We have both Hughes and Knight I think could be both decent when rotating between Evans, Benk, Morgan and possibly Amartey. (Assuming we sell Maguire)

Edited by Foxxed

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Didn't realise it was a loss. But if an offer came, and suggestions have been there, I'd rather promote our academy youth and use the money toward another transfer in a different position. We have both Hughes and Knight I think could be both decent when rotating between Evans, Benk, Morgan and possibly Amartey. (Assuming we sell Maguire)

Chances are Hughes and Knight will never be good enough for the PL.

That's just football, if you can produce one genuine first team player every five years you're doing reasonably well.