Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

34 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Neal Maupay is on fire for Brentford this season, reminds me of Vardy in terms of his pace and his clinical edge, has scored 27 goals and 9 assists this season.

Another player that is likely to be in the Premier League next season. Probably see him more likely to be at Southampton or Burnley where he will be more first team than with us, but I wouldn't be against signing him. An advantage he has over Che Adams is that Brentford already play 433 and having come through the French youth system, he's got a better understanding of what you need to do in that role. When I've seen him play, he's impressed me with his ability to hold the ball up and play in the other wide forwards. Decent finisher too. 

• Like 4

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Another player that is likely to be in the Premier League next season. Probably see him more likely to be at Southampton or Burnley where he will be more first team than with us, but I wouldn't be against signing him. An advantage he has over Che Adams is that Brentford already play 433 and having come through the French youth system, he's got a better understanding of what you need to do in that role. When I've seen him play, he's impressed me with his ability to hold the ball up and play in the other wide forwards. Decent finisher too. 

Very true, if we make a bid I think he would jump at the chance to come here over the likes of Burnley and Southampton.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

There's a couple of players at Brentford that could make the step up, Watkins is impressive too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Very true, if we make a bid I think he would jump at the chance to come here over the likes of Burnley and Southampton.

The reason I mention Southampton is that I am certain that Hassenhutl will see that as a key position to improve in. Shane Long doesn't score nearly enough goals and Redmond is more of a wide forward than an out and out striker. Danny Ings is good, but they need more options. But he'd be a good fit here for sure.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

There's a couple of players at Brentford that could make the step up, Watkins is impressive too.

And that Canos lad has pedigree, Konsa as well!, Brentford should be pushing for the playoffs, with the players they have.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another really good Championship team. There is a reason why Dean Smith was appointed by Aston Villa, and they've had quite the turnaround. I really admire that although Brentofrd are a middle-ish Championship team they play good stuff and try to play technical football. In some ways they are a bit like the new look Leicester of the Championship and you are right to say there are a few players they have that are ready for the next step.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The reason I mention Southampton is that I am certain that Hassenhutl will see that as a key position to improve in. Shane Long doesn't score nearly enough goals and Redmond is more of a wide forward than an out and out striker. Danny Ings is good, but they need more options. But he'd be a good fit here for sure.

He would fit to a tee there, hope we get him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

And that Canos lad has pedigree, Konsa as well!, Brentford should be pushing for the playoffs, with the players they have.

The Algerian lad Benrahma they got from Nice last summer has something like 10 goals and 15 assists from right wing too. It's quite incredible they aren't in the top 6.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The attacking and defensive responsibilities for the modern fullback means it's going to be impossible for them to be perfect defensively and offensively. There are so few fullbacks who can do that; the closest in this league imo is Robertson. What we have in Ricardo is someone who is generally good defensively and really good offensively. 

We need our fullbacks to contribute to the offensive phase because our width when in possession will come from our fullbacks. If they are defense first, that's a key part of our game gone.

... totally understand what you are saying and agree that this is the means used offensively by most teams. 

4-2-3-1 is a generic format now used in football and lends itself to the way we play. Our defence is a weakness which needs to be addressed. 

It's not written in stone that we have to play this system, we can play a high line but do not need our fullbacks standing in our wingers position. 

Like many things a new format will be viewed as the next, only way to play, I feel we need two upfront, a retrograde 4-4-2 or the unofficial 4-4-1-1. 

We are opened up too easily, predominantly from his side, we need a better defender (not pushing forward) and Ricardo pushed forward. 

Edited by sacreblueits442

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... totally understand what you are saying and agree that this is the means used offensively by most teams. 

4-2-3-1 is a generic format now used in football and lends itself to the way we play. Our defence is a weakness which needs to be addressed. 

It's not written in stone that we have to play this system, we can play a high line but do not need our fullbacks standing in our wingers position. 

Like many things a new format will be viewed as the next, only way to play, I feel we need two upfront, a retrograde 4-4-2 or the unofficial 4-4-1-1. 

We are opened up too easily, predominantly from his side, we need a better defender (not pushing forward) and Ricardo pushed forward. 

Sure, but it looks like Brendan tends to favour a formation with attacking fullbacks. We aren't obligated to play in any way except the one which our manager likes.

It's all about quality not quantity. I'd be happy if we only sign three players as long as they're the right players in the areas that we need to strengthen. Tielemans, a quality winger and a young striker who can learn from and even challenge Vardy are the three key areas for me. Obviously that's only taking or current squad into consideration, if certain players leave they'll need replacing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's all about quality not quantity. I'd be happy if we only sign three players as long as they're the right players in the areas that we need to strengthen. Tielemans, a quality winger and a young striker who can learn from and even challenge Vardy are the three key areas for me. Obviously that's only taking or current squad into consideration, if certain players leave they'll need replacing.

And a leftback backup because Fuchs is gone on a free. But yes I agree.

According to the Mercury, Ryan Fraser is available for 15 million. I've already been super impressed with him when I've seen him play. Worth or a punt? What do you guys think? Unlike the big clubs, we would offer him first team opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

According to the Mercury, Ryan Fraser is available for 15 million. I've already been super impressed with him when I've seen him play. Worth or a punt? What do you guys think? Unlike the big clubs, we would offer him first team opportunities. 

Surely not 15? There'd be more than just us in for him in that case. He's a RW, correct? I'd certainly consider him and Bowen over Gray.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Surely not 15? There'd be more than just us in for him in that case. He's a RW, correct? I'd certainly consider him and Bowen over Gray.

The Mercury said 15 million pounds, which seems RIDICULOUSLY low. I'd definitely take him at that price (I rate Fraser quite highly).

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

The Mercury said 15 million pounds, which seems RIDICULOUSLY low. I'd definitely take him at that price (I rate Fraser quite highly).

He's very creative. Would be a good buy especially if we can't sign Tielemans. If we do though, I might prefer more of a goal threat. Fraser can score goals but they're not his main selling point. However, for 15 million, would be a fantastic signing.

23 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Neal Maupay is on fire for Brentford this season, reminds me of Vardy in terms of his pace and his clinical edge, has scored 27 goals and 9 assists this season.

we want to push for top6 and we look at a player from Brentford with no PL experience to push us on.

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

we want to push for top6 and we look at a player from Brentford with no PL experience to push us on.

I wouldn't mind a young, raw talent as one of the backup options for Vardy, if the coaching group believe Nacho can properly progress with us. Personally, I'd like a quality fast, goal scoring winger and Youri in terms of our transfer window business. Anything else would be a lovely bonus

3 hours ago, Tanya said:

Given the market in England that would be an absolute steal for Ryan Fraser.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa I cant even bare to read The Mercury anymore, their lack of realism and integrity is a farce. Baring in mind Bournemouth have paid Liverpool a combined total of £35-40m for Jordan Ibe and Dominic Solanke, not to mention bid £20+ million for Demarai Gray are they really going to let a proven winger who's in his prime go for £15m? Embarrassing.

Only a year left on his contract come June so the fee may actually be around that. No Brainer signing but there will be competition for him 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Simoken said:

To be happy to sit on the bench - yes, absolutely.  We don’t pay the wages that the top clubs (spurs apart and look at their cover for Kane)  do and therefore we won’t get a top player to benchwarm. 

I think maupay has shown a lot of promise