Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

16 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Never going to happen in my wildest dreams but I'd like this:

Out

Maguire - £65 million

Gray - £15 million

Silva - £15 million

Mendy - £10 million

Ghezzal - £5 million

Total £110 million

In

Tielemans - £35 Million

Bryan - £10 million

Bowen - £20 million

James - £15 million

Maupay - £20 million

Total £100 million 

Loans for Iheanacho, James.

Why do people keep suggesting Bryan?! hes garbage. Hes been awful for Fulham this year.

• Like 1

Going to be a exciting summer, the contrast in ambition in statements between Brendan and Puel is mind blowing though. It must literally been a case of us not trusting Puel with money because we've gone from a statement 5-6 months ago from Puel claiming we can't compete with Everton, West ham and Wolves financially too we are going to try and compete and break into the top 6 with the help of adding the right quality of players. Its a strange but one thing is for sure reading between the lines on most of Brendans interviews he's obviously been promised substantial funds this summer to improve the squad. 

On 25/04/2019 at 17:19, Haywood_6 said:

Never going to happen in my wildest dreams but I'd like this:

Out

Maguire - £65 million

Gray - £15 million

Silva - £15 million

Mendy - £10 million

Ghezzal - £5 million

Total £110 million

In

Tielemans - £35 Million

Bryan - £10 million

Bowen - £20 million

James - £15 million

Maupay - £20 million

Total £100 million 

Loans for Iheanacho, James.

This would be a pretty awful window in my opinion. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

Going to be a exciting summer, the contrast in ambition in statements between Brendan and Puel is mind blowing though. It must literally been a case of us not trusting Puel with money because we've gone from a statement 5-6 months ago from Puel claiming we can't compete with Everton, West ham and Wolves financially too we are going to try and compete and break into the top 6 with the help of adding the right quality of players. Its a strange but one thing is for sure reading between the lines on most of Brendans interviews he's obviously been promised substantial funds this summer to improve the squad. 

Or Rodgers is in for disappointment, he could be already putting pressure on the board to back him with £70-100m which he seemingly thinks he needs. I personally can't see it unless we sell Maguire or Chilwell. The numbers don't compute otherwise.

If we hold onto our best players we definitely need cover for both full backs, in Ricardo & Chilwell we have two of the most dynamic attacking defenders in the League (albeit slightly dodgy defensively) 

Goalkeepers and centre half’s we are ok.

Still need a wide player with Gray not good enough, hope Tielemans stays with Choudhury stepping in if Mendy goes.

Adams or Maupay in if Rodgers can’t get Iheanacho to switch on during the summer as we all know we have a goal scorer in him somewhere.

Ifs, buts and maybe’s, but if anyone can Brendan can... :)

Up the City...:scarf:

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Or Rodgers is in for disappointment, he could be already putting pressure on the board to back him with £70-100m which he seemingly thinks he needs. I personally can't see it unless we sell Maguire or Chilwell. The numbers don't compute otherwise.

I doubt he takes the job unless he was promised substantial funds, i guess we will see. I am just hoping our priority is Youri. 

8 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Transfer kitty money would of been discussed before he took control.

Expecting a exciting summer rebuilding and chopping some more of that dead wood.

He said in his first press conference that it wasn't

19 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

No mention of a left back? Is Fuchs gonna stay an extra year then

Mention of a right back (just a backup?) so doesn't seem like Amartey features anywhere. 

I was told that it's seeming likely Fuchs is going to sign a year extension and delaying going to the MLS.

• Like 1

Some forum members told in the Belgium thread they want Leandro Trossard as the next LW of Leicester.

He is completely tearing it up now in the Belgian League, and is securing the Belgian League title for RC Genk.

Scored the 1-0 against the big competitor Club Bruges 2 weeks ago (3-1 win).

Assisted the 0-1 against Standard De Liege and scored the 0-3 one week ago (1-3 win). To put Standard out of the title race.

And tonight he scored the only goal against AA Gent (0-1).

Genk is almost sure to grab the title now. Arsenal and Wolfsburg are heavily targeting Trossard and he wants to go to Wolfsburg to make sure he is a starter. He wants to finalise his transfer before he leaves on holiday and Genk agrees.

On 26/04/2019 at 23:14, Mehrez said:

Find it interesting that it’s a right back Brendan’s after not a Left back. I know there was some talk about Fuchs being given an additional year, wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen. 

Also imo if Brendan is after only one winger but also a right back, then BR has an eye on playing Ricardo further upfield at times next season. 

Would assume that it’ll be an end to Amartey’s Leicester career though which would be a shame. 

On 25/04/2019 at 17:35, wardyfox86 said:

I like it but I think we'd be left short at centre back. As much as Benkovic comes with much praise, he's still young and unproven in this league. You'd be leaving us with him, Morgan or Suyuncu partnering Evans in the 3 out of 5 games that he's fit. If Maguire goes, we'd need someone in with some experience who'd slot into a squad role. Perhaps Chambers at Fulham. Could cover at RB too.

One thing we definitely dont want from Fulham is defenders. Chambers looked decent a while back but i wouldn't want him here now. 

Ive no issues with us spending big so long as we get quality players. We already know Tielemans is worth the £40m being touted. Hopefully we will learn and not get the likes of Silva and Slimani again. Whilst we need some experience in the squad, we should only be signing aged 27+ players if they are proven in this league for example Trippier. Signing players from abroad aged 27+ for high fees is very risky in my opinion as it becomes hard to shift them if things dont work out. Younger players will generally not lose too much value if things don't work out. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

One thing we definitely dont want from Fulham is defenders. Chambers looked decent a while back but i wouldn't want him here now. 

The thing we don't need is Fulham's complete back line. But we've proven that signing good/promising defenders works (Maguire/Evans)

He isn't going to pull up any trees, granted. But we lack good depth in alot of positions.