Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

On 20/04/2019 at 08:58, Tringfox said:

Martin Cockshaw says: Leicester City are planning a summer move for Romelu Lukaku. Man Utd are keen to move him on and he wishes to stay in England. Would be a win/win/win scenario for all three parties. Romelu is a dedicated pro and a great guy.

There is a reason I've blocked cockshaw and Sean from Enderby on twitter....... Hmmm I can't quite think why ?

22 hours ago, Dusty said:

Anyone for Jack Grealish? I know he’d probably cost a lot for a championship player, but if we sell ghezzal, kaputska and gray/diabate that will fund some of it. But he’s comfortable playing as a 10 or an 8 and he can play out wide, he’s had a very good season for villa and he’s friends with a few of the lads in the squad.

Personally think we then only need to sign a back up striker and a LB and we should be set for the season.

Well if Villa get promoted, he won't be going anywhere. I don't see him playing 10 for us, as that is where Maddison plays. And he seems a bit lightweight for me as an 8, and that is (hopefully) where Tielemans will be anyway. He could possibly play out wide, but I don't see that as making the best use of his talents either. I like him as a player, but I don't see him coming here whilst we have Maddison tbh.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Can’t see it happening this summer, but do believe there will be a possibility of this in the future. Purely depends on whether he wants to stay in the premier league or try a league abroad.

19 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Fail to see the appeal of pushing Ricardo forward - he's a game-changer at right back.  Sign a decent winger and leave him right where he is.

The only good thing would be that we'd have two attacking RBs instead of one. it would be a waste of Ricardo imo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Fail to see the appeal of pushing Ricardo forward - he's a game-changer at right back.  Sign a decent winger and leave him right where he is.

Neutralise one of the best attacking full backs in the league to make him an average attacking wide player in the PL.

If you have ambitions to be a really good side I'm a great believer that your full backs have to be full of energy and are willing to go past the attacking wide player and offer a genuine offensive threat. Unless that full back is genuine world class then you have to accept that they aren't going to be a brilliant defender as well and accept the pay off.

It's why I like our midfield three as well as with the full backs and Maddison and Tielemans playing No8 we have seven offensive players on the pitch just like the best sides do. Ndidi then should concentrate on what he does best as the pivot in midfield and be prepared to be that third CB when needed and always look to play with the ball in front of him. 

• Like 1

Need to make sure that if we do sign a new right winger that they are someone who is willing to track back and defend when Ricardo goes on one of his marauding runs down the wing, can only imagine the amount of times we would get countered down that wing if we brought Mahrez back (who lets be honest is pretty lazy when it comes to tracking back) or someone like him.

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Mahrez won’t be resign simply due to the cost, Man City would expect close to what we’ve sold him for; and for me it’s better for us to just move on and take the massive profit we got.

Loan option could be feasible 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The only good thing would be that we'd have two attacking RBs instead of one. it would be a waste of Ricardo imo.

... would love to have an old fashioned Right Back who knows how to defend and  not overlapping in attack. The fact that Simpson did not plough forward may have been a master stroke or something that just fell into place but we need a defender first. 

We are shipping goals from crosses coming in from his side, he may be good with recovery but need to stop those crosses coming in. 

Will have to be someone young, willing to initially play second fiddle to Vardy, but also learn from him.

Not a huge fan of Adams but no idea who else.

Would love Seb Haller, but he would want to be the main man.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

No ex-players (or managers ;) ) please.

Oh alright, maybe Huth....

Hopefully the usual thoughtless cries for Drinkwater will slow down now he’s practically retired.

Alexander Isak is finally scoring goals again, albeit in Dutch football. He is likely to be surplus to requirements at Dotrmund and I know a lot of clubs have started sniffing. He is strong, quick, good in the air and an all round striker. Whether he is PL ready, who knows.

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... would love to have an old fashioned Right Back who knows how to defend and  not overlapping in attack. The fact that Simpson did not plough forward may have been a master stroke or something that just fell into place but we need a defender first. 

We are shipping goals from crosses coming in from his side, he may be good with recovery but need to stop those crosses coming in. 

The attacking and defensive responsibilities for the modern fullback means it's going to be impossible for them to be perfect defensively and offensively. There are so few fullbacks who can do that; the closest in this league imo is Robertson. What we have in Ricardo is someone who is generally good defensively and really good offensively. 

We need our fullbacks to contribute to the offensive phase because our width when in possession will come from our fullbacks. If they are defense first, that's a key part of our game gone.

• Like 1