Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Regarding Silva - Seems simple too me.

Adrien is exactly what Monaco needed, Tielemans is not. Its not only about chance creation, but also about experience and solidity.

(Hence Fabregas was brought in too)

Clearly Adrien's skill set suits Monaco, it just did not for us for whatever reason.

Not hopefully we can keep him, but just pray it happens irregardless :fc:

Exactly - having watched them last couple TV games, adrien is their metronome (like drinks was for us).  He is excellent in that league where the area isn’t pressed. In the prem, you can get away with being his size if you have a very quick five yards in you. He doesn’t - hence he doesn’t suit our league. Strange that our scouting dept didn’t work that out ......

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Regarding Silva - Seems simple too me.

Adrien is exactly what Monaco needed, Tielemans is not. Its not only about chance creation, but also about experience and solidity.

(Hence Fabregas was brought in too)

Clearly Adrien's skill set suits Monaco, it just did not for us for whatever reason.

Not hopefully we can keep him, but just pray it happens irregardless :fc:

I think with regards to a deal between Leicester & Monaco being reached that isn’t the problem nor is it what the boardroom are worried about.

They’re simply worried about someone bigger n youri’s head being turned.

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think with regards to a deal between Leicester & Monaco being reached that isn’t the problem nor is it what the boardroom are worried about.

They’re simply worried about someone bigger n youri’s head being turned.

Understadable concern - just hope he (his agent too) thinks with the longer term, he needs to be playing week in/week out

Not so sure he will get that with a "so called big" team.

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Understadable concern - just hope he (his agent too) thinks with the longer term, he needs to be playing week in/week out

Not so sure he will get that with a "so called big" team.

Who is his agent because if it’s either of Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola then we are screwed.

just looked it up actually he’s represented by a company called let’s play, Youri is there only big name player. Im hoping this doesn’t mean they’ll push for a big move so they can make there agent fee’s.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Who is his agent because if it’s either of Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola then we are screwed.

just looked it up actually he’s represented by a company called let’s play, Youri is there only big name player. Im hoping this doesn’t mean they’ll push for a big move so they can make there agent fee’s.

Coming to us though means the agent is likely to get two big pay outs in the next 3-4 years rather than one. We will always be a stepping stone and you could argue why would he not go for the elite clubs now but I think he wants a few years enjoying football at an exciting club. I think we will get him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Coming to us though means the agent is likely to get two big pay outs in the next 3-4 years rather than one. We will always be a stepping stone and you could argue why would he not go for the elite clubs now but I think he wants a few years enjoying football at an exciting club. I think we will get him.

That’s a good argument actually. Never thought of it like that. That’s built up my excitement a wee bit.

• Haha 1

Yes the fee is high but the risk is almost zero. We know that the guy is good enough for the league, contributes a bucket load of goals etc. Most of the time we have absolutely no idea how a signing will actually work out, with Youri it's pretty much guaranteed he'll improve us. 

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he continues as he has been, even if we do sign him we won't be able to hold him for long.

Surely that would depend on how we are doing ourselves? seeing that game yesterday has made everyone sit up and take notice of us. With Brendon in charge and a few top signings, the team we now have is more than capable of a top-six finish next season. He would also be guaranteed a first team place every week with us. Have a little faith in where this club is going.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

The only real obstacle is his ambitions. Does he want to be a keystone in the building of a young side with European dreams? I don't think he'll get the same level of adoration that he'll get here from fans and teammates if he decides to go to a bigger club.

I think the ambitions will rely on International trophy's and i believe that's why Maquire will stay longer too. Y.T is the kind of guy who likes to settle, a family man and wants to play regularly. J.M and B.C all on it Instagram stating 'sign him up' yesterday. Im 98.997848% confident this will happen.

2 minutes ago, string the Eskimo said:

Surely that would depend on how we are doing ourselves? seeing that game yesterday has made everyone sit up and take notice of us. With Brendon in charge and a few top signings, the team we now have is more than capable of a top-six finish next season. He would also be guaranteed a first team place every week with us. Have a little faith in where this club is going.

He's got a goal or an assist in 8 out of his last 9 games.

Those sort of numbers will eventually interest the likes of Man City, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

He's got a goal or an assist in 8 out of his last 9 games.

Those sort of numbers will eventually interest the likes of Man City, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Yes, I agree. But doesn't mean he should not sign for us. As I said guaranteed first team football with us and our style obviously suits him and he seems very happy here with a young team around him. He could go to one of those bigger clubs and disappear like Mahrez football is very fickle like that. Anyway here's hoping he chooses us at least for a couple of seasons and then sees where we are as a club.

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he continues as he has been, even if we do sign him we won't be able to hold him for long.

Sure but that's football. 

I personally think the sensible place for any 21 year old to be is playing regularly for Leicester, Wolves, Watford, etc.

Play every week, build up a reputation for yourself, serve a pretty standard 3 year contract and you're still only 24 barely coming in to your prime by the time you get your Champions League move. 

Obviously if you're good enough to start every week for a CL club at 19/20 then that's a different story. The problem for me is that I look at Tielemans and I suspect he actually might be if he can be consistent. Not Man City or Barcelona sure but a Dortmund, Napoli, Inter, Sevilla*, Leipzig size club? Don't see why not tbh. 

* or whoever finishes 4th in Spain other than Getafe! (although ****ing gwon El Geta!!) 

Edited by Finnegan

36 minutes ago, string the Eskimo said:

Yes, I agree. But doesn't mean he should not sign for us. As I said guaranteed first team football with us and our style obviously suits him and he seems very happy here with a young team around him. He could go to one of those bigger clubs and disappear like Mahrez football is very fickle like that. Anyway here's hoping he chooses us at least for a couple of seasons and then sees where we are as a club.

I desperately want us to sign him.

I'd like to think he would see us as a stepping stone at the very least, and as a place to play football long term at the most.

Honestly think he'll become world class.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly think he'll become world class. 

Even if we sign him and he does leave 2 years later, This can only big up our profile as a club. exciting times ahead if we bag him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Even if we sign him and he does leave 2 years later, This can only big up our profile as a club. exciting times ahead if we bag him.

Exactly, it's a no-brainer for me. We need to buy him.

Guest Cujek

sometimes a player just fits at a club.

Vardy here.

Zaha at palace.

etc etc.

lets hope he does enjoy it here as much as he seems to and dont have stupid representation.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

AKA 'life'.

If he comes here, continues as he has been and leaves a year or two later I'd imagine we could easily double our initial outlay. Until we're the best club in the world (c. 2025) buying players of a increasing quality, having them for a couple of years and selling them for a massive profit is kind of the business model. 

Seems a very grounded lad. Clearly enjoying his football here, gets on well with the whole team. His last big move didn't work out so now that he's found his feet here he'll probably be quite keen to stay. Pretty sure I read that he likes a quiet lifestyle too, so Leicestershire suits him (rather than London, for instance).

Ultimately everything points to the deal being made permanent - just need to hope a deal can be struck with Monaco that's palatable to all parties. Silva's succesful loan could help us out massively on that front.

Sadly I can see us messing this up, rudkin trying to haggle over something silly like 5-10 million, and then we lose the player.

The deal needs to be agreed now and actioned first day of transfer window.  Offer enough that monaco dont even need to think about it.