Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Really? Are you deluded? Here's a number of reasons why they would

• Guaranteed european football

• Higher wages

• Prestige

• Better teammates

And they are in London!! - albeit Woolwich

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

One season winning a title and then one nearly finishing 7th isn't anything to off, players will still join Arsenal/United/Liverpool because of who they are. To break that we've got to finish above them consistently which won't happen.

The chance of playing in front of 60,000 home fans, in London, for a side as big as Arsenal is a much bigger pull.

Their atmosphere is absolutely atrocious, it makes ours like the Macarena from the 1980's. Arsenal are soulless right now and have been for a few years. They are a shell of a club, but sadly they will likely attract players to go there over us because players will be fed a load of guff on the history of the club, the facilities and obviously get paid more than they likely would with us. We maybe able to get Tielemans purely because he has been here and has seemingly bonded so well with our players, manager and fans he would also be paid very, very well and this might give us a chance in keeping the likes of Arsenal and Spurs away.

People just need to accept the awful fact that the "big 6" whether they are rightfully the big 6 or not, ARE still the big 6..

Grim fact.

Hopefully we have the better the devil you know swinging vote!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

One season winning a title and then one nearly finishing 7th isn't anything to off, players will still join Arsenal/United/Liverpool because of who they are. To break that we've got to finish above them consistently which won't happen.

The chance of playing in front of 60,000 home fans, in London, for a side as big as Arsenal is a much bigger pull.

Yeah, but it’s Arsenal. Gypo club. 

60,000 complete ******. 

I cant believe what I’m reading in this thread. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Their atmosphere is absolutely atrocious, it makes ours like the Macarena from the 1980's. Arsenal are soulless right now and have been for a few years. They are a shell of a club, but sadly they will likely attract players to go there over us because players will be fed a load of guff on the history of the club, the facilities and obviously get paid more than they likely would with us. We maybe able to get Tielemans purely because he has been here and has seemingly bonded so well with our players, manager and fans he would also be paid very, very well and this might give us a chance in keeping the likes of Arsenal and Spurs away.

Maracana? Not...

AAD2D94D-C39F-461A-814B-D2B1027748D0.gif

???

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

And they are in London!! - albeit Woolwich

I'm not sure if I've missed something earlier, but...

Arsenal's ground is in North London (Hollway/Highbury area), close to Hampstead, Islington, Kings Cross etc. Woolwich is 10 miles to the south east, close to Kent.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree with a lot of what you say except for the final bullet. 

I would not swap any Arsenal defenders for our first choice back 4. 

I wouldn't swap Ndidi for Torreira or Tielemans for Xhaka or Maddison for Iwobi.

I rate Aubameyang but is Lacazette any better than Vardy? I think not. 

Kasper is also on a par with Leno, who admittedly had a great game at the weekend. 

I've thought this for a while, not just based it on one game, though Sunday certainly supports my hypothesis. It seems a weird thing to think, never mind say on a public forum, that very few Arsenal players would get in our starting XI. But as things stand, I really believe it is true. 

Of course, you will say, look at the points difference over the season. But that fails to take into account the ever increasing maturity of our young players, the impact of Brendan and of course Tielemans. 

Keep this current team together and I guarantee we'll be much closer to Arsenal next season. 

As will Wolves, and possibly Watford and Everton.

Whilst I get that the big 6 basically have a divine right to be called the big 6, it wasn't so long ago it was the big 4, big 3 etc. I get that teams invested heavily to get there, but look at how Spurs have done it. Who's to say the big 6 doesn't become the big 8 in a few seasons, the big 12, 14. Then technically, who's actually big.

I maintain that Arsenal, Utd and even Chelsea are there for the taking next season.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2019 at 13:48, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd Bound

This is tantamount to official, not at all a bunch of "horse feathers"

Read it, there is nothing but speculation on the part of the author

:angry:

I don't believe this at all. He left a youthfull Anderlecht for a youthfull Monaco (when he signed they still had Mbappé and Mendy) that had just won the French league and played the semi-final of the Champions League.

He has always loved to play with other young potentials as he is doing now and he loves to play the kind of football that Leicester tries to play under Rodgers (based on possession, forward pressure and creating a lot of chances). That's not what he will find at United.

I won't put my hands in the fire over it, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he will sign a permanent deal with Leicester.

On 30/04/2019 at 14:00, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The thing that worries me is someone like Vertonghen or Lukaku constantly in his ear all summer saying, "Come and join me at Spurs/United.".

I really don't think that Lukaku will make much advertisement for United.

29 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The main difference between us and Arsenal is their ability to see off bottom half teams at home. 

They've played 9 of the bottom 10 at home and won every one of those games, equating to 27 points. 

By contrast, we've played all 10 of those teams at home and beaten only 4 of them, drawing 2 and losing 4, gaining only 14 points. 

That 13 point gap is pretty much exactly the overall difference in points between us and Arsenal.

This and obvious refereeing bias towards the top teams.

VAR will account for some of the points which would have been gained by the big 6 being dropped next season thanks to VAR.  

I'd expect a more level playing field once certain weak referees are directed by VAR instead of favouring the so called bigger clubs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stoica said:

I really don't think that Lukaku will make much advertisement for United.

Our best hope of convincing him is a short term deal. Wait until the situation is more favorable at one of the top 6 clubs like Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.

For all the talk of Belgium internationals he could do worse and look at Januzaj and his time at United.

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

I'm not sure if I've missed something earlier, but...

Arsenal's ground is in North London (Hollway/Highbury area), close to Hampstead, Islington, Kings Cross etc. Woolwich is 10 miles to the south east, close to Kent.

Arsenal were originally from Woolwich Arsenal, where they made the weaponry for war. Hence their name. I think turtmcfly is being ironic ? 

1 hour ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Arsenal were originally from Woolwich Arsenal, where they made the weaponry for war. Hence their name. I think turtmcfly is being ironic ? 

I know where they're from. But if London is any kind of factor in Tieleman's move (as was suggested), I doubt where Arsenal moved from before World War I is part of it. 

18 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Really? Are you deluded? Here's a number of reasons why they would

• Guaranteed european football

• Higher wages

• Prestige

• Better teammates

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the pillow yesterday or something? lol Jesus... taking shots at everyone lol 

With regards to your reasons, as a young player I would say they would see us as having better teammates because of the special bond they have.

I wouldn’t say Arsenal are guaranteed European football either especially next season with the likes of us, Wolves & West Ham. 

Arsenal can’t offer much more money than we can due to the wages players like Ozil are on.

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree with a lot of what you say except for the final bullet. 

I would not swap any Arsenal defenders for our first choice back 4. 

I wouldn't swap Ndidi for Torreira or Tielemans for Xhaka or Maddison for Iwobi.

I rate Aubameyang but is Lacazette any better than Vardy? I think not. 

Kasper is also on a par with Leno, who admittedly had a great game at the weekend. 

I've thought this for a while, not just based it on one game, though Sunday certainly supports my hypothesis. It seems a weird thing to think, never mind say on a public forum, that very few Arsenal players would get in our starting XI. But as things stand, I really believe it is true. 

Of course, you will say, look at the points difference over the season. But that fails to take into account the ever increasing maturity of our young players, the impact of Brendan and of course Tielemans. 

Keep this current team together and I guarantee we'll be much closer to Arsenal next season. 

I can agree with that. I respect your opinion, but personally I think that Torreira and Lacazette are both excellent players, Top 5 in the PL in their respective positions and better than Ndidi (I'd rather have Vardy in this team than Lacazette, but that's because he's one of our own and more of a consistent finisher which is what we need in this team, whereas Lacazette is much more of an all round player). I also think Leno is better than Schmiechel, although there's not much in it. The likes of Ozil as well are much better than Maddison purely looking at talent. Their squad is also much deeper with talent. We are, however, closer than we've ever been, and these are certainly exciting times, I'm just worried that people are getting ahead of themselves and putting their socks over their boots.

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the pillow yesterday or something? lol Jesus... taking shots at everyone lol 

With regards to your reasons, as a young player I would say they would see us as having better teammates because of the special bond they have.

I wouldn’t say Arsenal are guaranteed European football either especially next season with the likes of us, Wolves & West Ham. 

Arsenal can’t offer much more money than we can due to the wages players like Ozil are on.

Don't think I'm taking shots at everyone, just the assertive statement by grumpy old git riled me up. Sure, we are getting closer to competing with the likes of Arsenal, but to say that we're undisputably a more attractive destination is ridiculous and easily disproveable.

• Like 1