Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Man Utd need a complete team rebuild, I’d have thought the last thing they would need is a midfielder.

Who would you sooner put out... Youri or Fred? Just seen that they signed him on a five year deal... what were they thinking. Pogba is meant to be off too isn't he... 

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why don't Monaco want him? It doesn't make sense. He is 21, he is already armed with more experience than the majority at that age, his end product is obscene, he oozes class and efficiency. He scores goals, created goals, runs midfields. 

Jardim supposedly puts together sensational young teams, and yet he immediately sent Youri on his way. We cannot let this chance pass of getting one of Europe's most promising players. They are morons, it's why we have to try and bum rush a fast track deal through. £40m and Adrien Silva, also politely remind them they are £12m up already on Rachid Ghezzal due to our generosity. Get it done before the end of the season.

Personality conflict plain and simple - he and Jardim can't stand each other, seemingly.  That's really the only piece of leverage we (and any other suitors) have.

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He absolutely would tbh. 

They're all laying it on thick BECAUSE he isn't committing. 

There wasn't any public pressure being put on Mahrez or Kante over the years, except once from Vichai ??

I think Tielemans is torn and the players know that, they have built a very good bond in such a short time and I think that will prevail. If we agree a fee, he will sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Personality conflict plain and simple - he and Jardim can't stand each other, seemingly.  That's really the only piece of leverage we (and any other suitors) have.

Just very strange, I know none of us know Tielemans but I struggle to see how there'd be such a rift. Anyway, I'm glad there is as he'd not be here otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He absolutely would tbh. 

They're all laying it on thick BECAUSE he isn't committing. 

Feels like we're all reading too much into what is probably just casual comments from Maddison et al. You could read the same thing and come to 3-4 different conclusions. Maybe you're right, but maybe these are just casual comments and he isn't comitting because the decision is currently out of his hands. He might have been told to keep quiet by his agent as being too keen to sign permanently might encourage the club to lowball the wage offer. Or he might have made the decision ages ago.

Best we can do is sit and hope. 

• Like 1

I suggested this guy years ago when he was still playing for Anderlecht with Mitrovic. Also suggested Dennis Praet who played for them and is now being linked with Arsenal. Wish I could find the post

Edited by foxfanazer

On 28/04/2019 at 18:42, Babylon said:

The state of the other teams worries me, he's as good as what most of the others have already and he's only 21.

More importantly than anything, they will all want him so we can’t have him. They can’t have us crashing their party again can they?

What did people do before the internet provided these tools to over analyse everything? I'm sure not even he knows what will happen yet.

Hopefully he signs but lets be honest it'd be a strange world if he's not in a Man Utd shirt at the start of next season.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I suggested this guy years ago when he was still playing for Anderlecht with Mitrovic. Also suggested Dennis Prayer who played for them and is now being linked with Arsenal. Wish I could find the post

Arsenal are with a prayer? i could have told you that.

On 29/04/2019 at 18:53, Simoken said:

Even if we sign him and he does leave 2 years later, This can only big up our profile as a club. exciting times ahead if we bag him.

Why would he leave a top 4 club? :)

• Like 1

He will rightly and understanably think of his own future career first. On the one hand, he could drown at a big club if he goes too early and not get regular games. On the other, he appears happy here and there is a real sense of something quite special unfolding, straight from the Leicester City book of fairytale. An offer from Manchester United or Spurs to a lesser extent would understandably give him serious food for thought but I think it's gone better for him here than he could of expected. The new training ground, extension plans, our owners and new manager all wreak of a determined organised progressive path built on youth. Players are always of course pleased to score but ours seemed to be a real together bunch on Saturday who, whilst possibly having to work harder in training, nevertheless really seem to be enjoying their football together. He's got nothing to lose by staying here a couple of years but ... would he insist on one of those dreaded clauses in his contract? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He will rightly and understanably think of his own future career first. On the one hand, he could drown at a big club if he goes too early and not get regular games. On the other, he appears happy here and there is a real sense of something quite special unfolding, straight from the Leicester City book of fairytale. An offer from Manchester United or Spurs to a lesser extent would understandably give him serious food for thought but I think it's gone better for him here than he could of expected. The new training ground, extension plans, our owners and new manager all wreak of a determined organised progressive path built on youth. Players are always of course pleased to score but ours seemed to be a real together bunch on Saturday who, whilst possibly having to work harder in training, nevertheless really seem to be enjoying their football together. He's got nothing to lose by staying here a couple of years but ... would he insist on one of those dreaded clauses in his contract? 

The thing that worries me is someone like Vertonghen or Lukaku constantly in his ear all summer saying, "Come and join me at Spurs/United.".

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The thing that worries me is someone like Vertonghen or Lukaku constantly in his ear all summer saying, "Come and join me at Spurs/United.".

I agree. Out of all of them I see United as the big pull. They're going to have to have a major rebuild but particularly if they sell Pogba, they'll be plenty of money for it as always. They've a few 'bad eggs' to dispose of which will be easier said than done and how positive about Ole and the club Lukaku and Martial are for different reasons who knows. From the clubs point of view I would think he's exactly the type of young player they will try and target if they've got any sense. If we don't get him we'll also be stuck with the 30yr old ineffectual Silva again and his wage packet.

33 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

caughtoffside.com. Who’s the author, DJ bloody Campbell???

The source was the Daily Star - see https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/775379/Leicester-Youri-Tielemans-Arsenal-Man-Utd-Spurs-transfer-news.

Possibly speculation (no idea whether such a rag even has a reliable sports desk or not) but some thing of the kind will surely happen.

Bit of perspective needed here....we were champions of England and Kante followed by Mahhrez made it clear they were off. Is it likely to be different now?

Edited by midland_red

15 minutes ago, midland_red said:

The source was the Daily Star - see https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/775379/Leicester-Youri-Tielemans-Arsenal-Man-Utd-Spurs-transfer-news.

Possibly speculation (no idea whether such a rag even has a reliable sports desk or not) but some thing of the kind will surely happen.

Bit of perspective needed here....we were champions of England and Kante followed by Mahhrez made it clear they were off. Is it likely to be different now?

I was joking mate :thumbup: