Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need it doing early, once Eriksen is signed by Real or Barca then you'll see a knock on effect and Tielemans will be high on replacement lists. We get the fee agreed before everyone fcuks off on their holidays. I think we now offer £40m and Silva and be done with it. It's an essential signing and worth every penny.

That's an offer that might get it done early. Depending on Monaco's greed. Any thoughts on our bargaining or negotiating skills when you have the chance? Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That's an offer that might get it done early. Depending on Monaco's greed. Any thoughts on our bargaining or negotiating skills when you have the chance? Thanks in advance.

We've paid 30 for Slimani, 25 for Nacho, 20 odd for Musa and 15ish for Ghezzal. Wouldn't call negotiation our best skill at times 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

this could also be the Rodgers effect

They played brilliantly against Spurs before he arrived and we should never have lost that game. The shape he goes for certainly suits them though.

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Best bit about him is that he's dragged Ndidi and Maddison up to his level.

That's a midfield 3 that's as good as anyone elses in our league and they're all so young.

Yes I agree he has improved players around him, and that is the mark of a truly top class midfielder. Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, Ricardo also link very well with him.

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes I agree he has improved players around him, and that is the mark of a truly top class midfielder. Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, Ricardo also link very well with him.

Big name..big big name missing....Maddison has This EOS first season in the PL...is just showing how good he is.Tielemans movement has given Maddison

More freedom....but could argue Maddison  has done the same for Tieleman..!! Both are feeding off each other!!

Maddison movement for his first season has been sublime....

It is obvious that everything is being done to try to integrate him in the short space of time that we have him on loan and make him as indispensable as possible. The other players know as much as we all do that we NEED a player of his calibre to build around. Celebrations and his demeanour around the other players looks genuine and unforced. The only real obstacle is his ambitions. Does he want to be a keystone in the building of a young side with European dreams? I don't think he'll get the same level of adoration that he'll get here from fans and teammates if he decides to go to a bigger club.

If we did manage to sign him, we'll be lucky to get two years out of him before he'd be bought, but damn what a glorious two years that could be!

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Big name..big big name missing....Maddison has This EOS first season in the PL...is just showing how good he is.Tielemans movement has given Maddison

More freedom....but could argue Maddison  has done the same for Tieleman..!! Both are feeding off each other!!

Maddison movement for his first season has been sublime....

Yes I would agree that Madison has helped Tielemans. I saw some Monaco games prior to Tielemans signing for us (after we were linked with him) and I think his style was a bit "fish out of water" there. He was trying to play at a higher tempo, but his teammates were trying to play more of a classic latin / french style of football. During the match, you will see that Madison and Tielemans often swap positions. They can be either a 6, 8, or 10 at various points in the game. Take Tielemans goal for example, he had gone into the 10 role, whereas Madison was playing as an 8, drifting out wide to play the cross into the 10. But at other times they change over.

Those two plus Ndidi could become the best midfield we've ever had. Lennon / Savage / Izzet was great and N'golo / Drinkwater / Kante (lol) was also pretty fantastic for obvious reasons. But this midfield has shown it can dominate and control a game. Really great stuff to see!

• Like 1

Can't for the life of me understand how Monaco could think Silva is a suitable replacement for Tielemans though. The lad has 3 goals and is it 5 or 6 assists in 11 games for us? Silva I think has no goals, no assists. Cheers then

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't for the life of me understand how Monaco could think Silva is a suitable replacement for Tielemans though. The lad has 3 goals and is it 5 or 6 assists in 11 games for us? Silva I think has no goals, no assists. Cheers then

Mods, please delete.

Or at least make this thread unsearchable in google.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Regarding Silva - Seems simple too me.

Adrien is exactly what Monaco needed, Tielemans is not. Its not only about chance creation, but also about experience and solidity.

(Hence Fabregas was brought in too)

Clearly Adrien's skill set suits Monaco, it just did not for us for whatever reason.

Not hopefully we can keep him, but just pray it happens irregardless :fc:

• Like 1