Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

Go over to the Monaco board see how their fans compare him to Silva. They seem to rate Silva as highly as we rate Tielemans and we rate Silva as much as they rate Tielemans. There is a deal to be done here and common sense would suggest if not already done we are putting things in place to make this permanent. He has fitted in very well here and at his age is hardly the finished article. He might go elsewhere and struggle like at Monaco. We have plans to go places and players like him are needed to get us there. Still has a couple of big contracts in him even if he signs a 4-5 yr deal. We have just spent £9 million bringing in BR early so lets not doubt Top's ambition

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

caughtoffside.com. Who’s the author, DJ bloody Campbell???

Not DJ, it was Tielemans  :ph34r:

Was all in pathetic jest - so much of this baseless "he is to good for Leicester" crap, its irritating.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

without knowing anything, i suspect that a major issue could be the fact that the agent wants a release clause and we don't.

Why not just give him a contract on an escalating wage?  Say five years starting at ₤75K/week, then ₤100K, then ₤125K, then ₤150K, then ₤175K.  Add a nice Champions League bonus.

By the third summer he would be our highest paid player.  If we don’t make CL, we’d likely have to sell at that point.  And Youri would be guaranteed market value for a ₤40-50M player.

Three things I think are in our favour ,

His negative experience at Monaco , where he found himself marginalised and out of the team , moving to anyone else could risk this happening again 

At 22 , he’s got plenty of time to enjoy his football here and then potentially get a move to one of the stellar clubs in two or three years 

The other clubs being linked with him seem to be Arsenal and Man U ,both of whom may well not be in the CL next season and are likely to be rebuilding ,as opposed to our stability and progression 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Why not just give him a contract on an escalating wage?  Say five years starting at ₤75K/week, then ₤100K, then ₤125K, then ₤150K, then ₤175K.  Add a nice Champions League bonus.

By the third summer he would be our highest paid player.  If we don’t make CL, we’d likely have to sell at that point.  And Youri would be guaranteed market value for a ₤40-50M player.

He would earn more at a top six side (apart from spurs)

we have already shown with Riyad that we won’t sell unless our valuation is met - people will read what they want into the maguire to Man U rumours last August but the same could be true.

if I was advising the fella I would be insisting on a release clause if he comes here ....... and not one which makes it almost impossible for him to move on should he so wish (ie : above 70/75m) 

If he decides to go to Utd or Arsenal over us, it will only go to prove the gap between the top table and us will exist forever. Both these teams are in danger of dropping into "the best of the rest" league that we occupy with the others if they continue their current poor investment. I could easily see Wolves bridging the gap next season, followed by us, Watford and Everton. All (with the exception of maybe Everton) seem to have a far better investment strategy than those above.

Tottenham could have an Eriksen sized gap in their team next season, I wouldn't begrudge him moving there. If they can afford him.

On 29/04/2019 at 17:13, Eden De Bruyne said:

Belgian media reports that Arsenal is chasing Tielemans. He was on their list before the game and now they want to push through.

Truth be told looking at it from a purely football perspective & if I was in youri’s shoes... I would see Leicester as much more of a interesting proposal with what we are creating here, the age of the group aswell as the new training ground.

Our project would interest me more than Arsenal’s.

If he goes to a top-4 club he isn't guaranteed what he would get here and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he sees this especially after his recent experience with Monaco.  I hope he'll prefer to play and enjoy his football with less pressure, but still remain competitive with an ambitious club, at this stage in his career and continue to gain experience in the PL.  He'll finish up at a top club in 2-3 years, his quality is there for all to see.

Lets not worry too much about Tottenham, I can't see them getting dragged into a bidding war bearing in mind they have a new stadium to pay for and seeing how Levy does business.

And lets not get worried by Arsenal either - would you want to play for them bearing in mind the gap in quality between them and us in the last match?

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, car1os said:

If he goes to a top-4 club he isn't guaranteed what he would get here and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he sees this especially after his recent experience with Monaco.  I hope he'll prefer to play and enjoy his football with less pressure, but still remain competitive with an ambitious club, at this stage in his career and continue to gain experience in the PL.  He'll finish up at a top club in 2-3 years, his quality is there for all to see.

Lets not worry too much about Tottenham, I can't see them getting dragged into a bidding war bearing in mind they have a new stadium to pay for and seeing how Levy does business.

And lets not get worried by Arsenal either - would you want to play for them bearing in mind the gap in quality between them and us in the last match?

This, with regards to wages aswell I can’t see there being much difference with regards to who offers what either.

Afraid historically named clubs, always have the biggest draw, irregardless of how well non bigger teams are doing or paying.

The sole reason for Youri to come to us is because he likes it here and feels he will get to play a lot and in a position/style he favours.

Fpr me, this it.

• Like 2

He always said he wants to be playing every week and he will get that here. Will get definitely get that at ManU or Arsenal if he has a dip in form? This also could he an agent thing to squeeze some more money from us.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Really? Are you deluded? Here's a number of reasons why they would

• Guaranteed european football

• Higher wages

• Prestige

• Better teammates

Half of those reasons are questionable. By next season we could well be above them in the table. Wages I'm not sure there is a huge difference, and better teammates is open for debate. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bfox said:

He always said he wants to be playing every week and he will get that here. Will get definitely get that at ManU or Arsenal if he has a dip in form? This also could he an agent thing to squeeze some more money from us.

Let's stop trying to kid ourselves, if he goes to Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal he will be their best midfielder within a matter of games. 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Half of those reasons are questionable. By next season we could well be above them in the table. Wages I'm not sure there is a huge difference, and better teammates is open for debate. 

There really is (though whether they are prepared to pay Youri so much more than we are is a valid question).

once we have our training ground up and running we have a day to day working environment advantage over all but probably spurs and Man City. 

but we we are still Leicester city and even if we finish above arsenal next season we will never be a bigger draw for a player than they are 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's stop trying to kid ourselves, if he goes to Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal he will be their best midfielder within a matter of games. 

Not so sure. Clubs like Man U are destroying talent most of the time. They've done it to a lot of players who've had similar/if not higher potential. They are currently a badly run club with a lot of deadwood who are desperate to try and hold on to their status. Arsenal also have similar problems. I'd expect his form to drop at United especially as I think they'll struggle again next year. I think he'd fit in best at spurs to be honest.

Edited by bfox
  • Like 2

we really should be pushing to get the deal done as soon as possible tbh, if they want £40mil and Silva, just give them the money and Silva

hopefully with Monaco wanting Silva, that will give us the edge in regards getting YT

24 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

we really should be pushing to get the deal done as soon as possible tbh, if they want £40mil and Silva, just give them the money and Silva

hopefully with Monaco wanting Silva, that will give us the edge in regards getting YT

Agreed..but even if we and Monaco are cool, he still has to agree personal terms doesn't he?

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

He won't commit to anything now and I don't blame him. His agent will have the feelers out for teams in Europe.

If he has a good head on his shoulders then he will see the bigger picture at Leicester. But agents think with their wallets and it won't benefit them to do the deal now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Let me address those counterarguments one by one

• We are still a small club. If everything goes right for us, and Arsenal perform poorly, we could finish above them, next season. Actually displacing them consistently will be an undertaking of many years, and a player will not look at an unlikely possibility when making a choice. On top of that, you're missing the point slightly. Arsenal, barring a historic meltdown, will finish in a european placing, every season. Leicester, in their historic best seasons, will potentially finish in european placings. The difference there for a player deciding on a club to go to is significant.
  • Their wage bill is 50 million pounds greater per year than ours - we pay 85 million, they pay 135 million (according to Spotrac). To put that into perspective, that is half the TV money we are guaranteed each year. On top of this, our wage bill is seriously inflated and the club has been looking to reduce it for a while.
  • They absolutely have better players overall than us. Whilst we have an exciting young core, and real world-class quality in Vardy, Arsenal have a better squad than ours, player for player. Just because they had an awful day against us, doesn't mean we are better than them, otherwise Crystal Palace are a better squad than us.

6 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

One season winning a title and then one nearly finishing 7th isn't anything to off, players will still join Arsenal/United/Liverpool because of who they are. To break that we've got to finish above them consistently which won't happen.

The chance of playing in front of 60,000 home fans, in London, for a side as big as Arsenal is a much bigger pull.

Edited by Fox92