Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

These are the guys who got the Mahrez and Kante stories bang on if memory serves, brilliant news if so!

The story is L'Equipe's - might be a pinch of salt job!

They're surely open to the idea of him joining anybody for the right price, mind.

5 hours ago, Mehrez said:

I mean, yeah. Of course they are.

Trouble is we have to stump up the money they want. They're not going to just give him away.

There's also the possibility of bigger clubs matching our bid.

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

The story is L'Equipe's - might be a pinch of salt job!

They're surely open to the idea of him joining anybody for the right price, mind.

Ah yeah, didn't pick up on that first time around.  Still, more reliable than the sun or DM.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Silva's performances may also affect the outcome of where Tielemans plays next season Hopefully, he continues to play well (although it appears his performance may have dropped slightly in last 2 or 3 weeks). If Monaco want him long term, then a part-exchange suits everyone

It'll be annoying if we can't get the price down for a swap with Silva, but at least we are breaking the bank for a player we know will improve us.

Obscene fee but unlike our current most expensive signing, Youri is worthy of it.

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

It'll be annoying if we can't get the price down for a swap with Silva, but at least we are breaking the bank for a player we know will improve us.

Obscene fee but unlike our current most expensive signing, Youri is worthy of it.

Given his age, his international profile and his seamless arrival in the prem, I expect he is worth north of fifty mill. 40m would likely have  Adrian’s valuation on top. 

So strange that Monaco don't want a 21 year old who is clearly going to be a top player but want a 30 year old who is way past his best. Im guessing they must need to money to invest in other areas of their squad. 

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

So strange that Monaco don't want a 21 year old who is clearly going to be a top player but want a 30 year old who is way past his best. Im guessing they must need to money to invest in other areas of their squad. 

Not even remotely strange, it`s a personality thing, Jardim hates YT, YT hates Jardim :-)  had Henry not gone YT wouldn`t have gone either he was captain and first name on the team sheet.

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

From what I've read about Monaco's troubles this season, a big problem they've had is that the squad lack experience and their young players have struggled. I guess that's why they brought in both Fabregas and Silva and allowed Youri to leave in Jan.

To be fair to Silva, he's had a mare in his time with us but I still think he's a very tidy footballer, he's just ill-suited to the relentlessness of English football. I've seen a fair bit of Ligue 1 football and it's nowhere near as physically demanding. Adrien can probably play his natural game at Monaco and no doubt looks more like the quality international we thought we were getting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have a feeling this is going to go late in the window. Best for us to see what the market will be before we start chucking millions.

To our benefit he won't need settling in time that new signings often require. Sure that Brendan will give him a fitness program to keep him fit until he's signed.

Welcome Youri :scarf:

8 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Have a feeling this is going to go late in the window. Best for us to see what the market will be before we start chucking millions.

To our benefit he won't need settling in time that new signings often require. Sure that Brendan will give him a fitness program to keep him fit until he's signed.

Welcome Youri :scarf:

What, and see West Ham pay 45 million euros for Steven Nzonzi and ruin the market again. Get it done early, get it done quick. If we wait in the market there's also more chances that the likes of United panic bid for him after realising that they're no longer an attractive club and can't get Rakitic or whoever. 

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

What, and see West Ham pay 45 million euros for Steven Nzonzi and ruin the market again. Get it done early, get it done quick. If we wait in the market there's also more chances that the likes of United panic bid for him after realising that they're no longer an attractive club and can't get Rakitic or whoever. 

You can always pull the trigger early if you want. If he wants to come here he will no matter what Monaco does or they can keep him, piss him and his agent off even more. If he wants to go to United and possibly get buried in their squad good luck to him. He's not an indentured servant. I'm sure he'll come here for a reasonable amount of money and a nice resale fee as well notwithstanding Silva. Youri has the best opportunity here to build his career and then in 2 or 3 years he can go to PSG for 100+ mil and everybody will be happy ever after. I want that 15mil for wages or another player. Confident we're loaded for Bear no matter what happens.