Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Monaco just drew to the team in last place.. don’t think Silva played that well looking at their fans Twitter... please be better next time :(

Well they were 1-0 down and decided to take Fabregas off and keep Silva on. So far the Monaco reaction to Silva is similar to the Tielemans one here and both sets of supporters feel they've by far got the better of the swap. Hopefully Adrien plays as well as he started the next two months. 

Also according to whoscored.com he hit the post and was the joint second best Monaco player on the pitch.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1281467/Live/France-Ligue-1-2018-2019-Guingamp-Monaco

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

Youri, from what I’ve heard from stories and others around him, seems to be a pretty clever lad by football standards. He was a teenage prodigy at Anderlecht and could’ve left a lot sooner than he did, but he clearly recognised he had room to develop and stayed on to captain the team, clearly helping his growth as a player.

Here he’s hit the ground running, seems to enjoy England and more specifically Leicester and our facilities at the club, he’s already loved by the fans and he slots into our team without a thought. He’s very unlikely to be this comfortable at another club and there’s a good chance any big club that comes in won’t give him the chance to develop like we will.

Ever since his beans on toast interview, regardless of rumours regarding other clubs I’ve had no doubt he’ll sign in the summer. Perhaps he won’t, but from his attitude and history he seems like he wants to be here full time, and Silva will be heading the other way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Could we sign Tielemans now? how did Wolves sign Jimenez last week out side the transfer window?

You can do a deal for a player whenever you want he just can't register and play until the window opens.

Technically Jimenez is still on loan. His loan will expire at the end of the season and his new contract will start and the transfer will go through. 

10 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Just get the deal done and sign him before Tottenham do.

Jimenez has signed full contract for wolves after being on loan, we need to get Youri’s signature before the likes of the Spuds or Manure Knick him from under our noses !

GET IT DONE BRENDAN AND RUDDERS BEFORE WE MISS OUT ON THIS GEM !!

he is almost like the new Mahrez in terms of his ability and fills the massive gap left by Riyad.

Even he signed and stayed a year or two it is only going to progressive his career which he should also realise.

Pretty confident we will get him singed up.

27 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He genuinely looks like he loves it here, so I'm still optimistic. But if a CL club comes in for him, which if you believe the rumours seems likely, could he really turn it down? And would you begrudge him?

I think the dilemma he would have going to CL club is the same as when he was at Monaco where he failed to establish himself. He knows he fits in well at Leicester and can spend 3 years show boating his skills in the best league in the world. If he continues to impress we would probably have a £100 million player to sell and at 24 would still be a very attractive proposition to the big clubs all over Europe. You never know we may be a CL club in 3 years time and he chooses to stay.

• Like 2

We might get Europa League for the start of next season and who knows we might be pushing for top 5 next season, got to sign this lad at whatever cost to make a statement to other clubs that we mean business... :scarf:

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I think the dilemma he would have going to CL club is the same as when he was at Monaco where he failed to establish himself. He knows he fits in well at Leicester and can spend 3 years show boating his skills in the best league in the world. If he continues to impress we would probably have a £100 million player to sell and at 24 would still be a very attractive proposition to the big clubs all over Europe. You never know we may be a CL club in 3 years time and he chooses to stay.

But that was at a struggling club in a league that probably doesn't suit him. Hope you are right though.

I think if he was 25/26 it would be much harder for us to look to keep him. We would be a springboard for him cementing his international place and could be the star of the show here for the next few years to come..

At the point where he is 24/25 we will either have moved forward to match his ambition or he has progressed and will deserve his move on.  For what its worth he seems so happy here and grounded for a young footballer, I feel confident we will get this done. 

• Like 2

I have on good authority believe or not from someone who the players know well, that he wants to stay, it's all but and done, but his agent is holding out for as much money as they can get. So are basically hawking him about for the most money.

1 minute ago, ktfox59 said:

I have on good authority believe or not from someone who the players know well, that he wants to stay, it's all but and done, but his agent is holding out for as much money as they can get. So are basically hawking him about for the most money.

This actually leaves me even less reassured. Thanks.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This actually leaves me even less reassured. Thanks.

Oķ. No worries. Someone mentioned a tweet from Maddison. It's someone very close to him on Instagram who follows my source. I bet a lot of you are subscribed to him too.lol