Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

31 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

IMHO, a move to the top 5/6 would be a bad idea as he wouldnt get the consistent game time if he has a few bad games.  Think young players like him are better suited for mid table teams looking to break top 6. Gives him guaranteed play time for decent clubs and to continue to impress and establish himself as a force in the prem league. The top 5/6 will always be up there so holding out another season or two is a better option. 

Absolutely this. He'll want international football too, so needs regular game time to keep his place in the Belgium squad.

Edited by halfpipe

34 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

IMHO, a move to the top 5/6 would be a bad idea as he wouldnt get the consistent game time if he has a few bad games.  Think young players like him are better suited for mid table teams looking to break top 6. Gives him guaranteed play time for decent clubs and to continue to impress and establish himself as a force in the prem league. The top 5/6 will always be up there so holding out another season or two is a better option. 

But does Mr. T see it that way?  Let’s hope so. 

5 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

But does Mr. T see it that way?  Let’s hope so. 

Thats always the problem. Its hard to turn down 100k-150k+ a week when the big guns come calling especially if we are maxing at a lower rate. Having said that 150k a week is nothing if you get crap game time and then end up at newcastle 2 seasons later making 40k a week and a lack of confidence.. i have no idea what wage he is on now but just using the above as a random example.

Thing is i dont see him being good enough (right now) to consistently be a "guaranteed" starter on a top 6 squad. I mean, i think he is good enough but when you are just a number its different.

Edited by Jattdogg

Of the top 6 I see him at Spurs, young team, the way they play suits him, champions Lge and the biggest seller - the Manager, which ironically is the 1 thing that could stop him going as I can see Poch going on to bigger and better things, just a shame they got into CL semi's as it might keep him there a little longer.

From what he said when he first joined us about bringing young enough to wait and how he has to continue to learn and will only get that playing week in week out and not on 1 of the big teams benches which is where he would be for the other 5.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Of the top 6 I see him at Spurs, young team, the way they play suits him, champions Lge and the biggest seller - the Manager, which ironically is the 1 thing that could stop him going as I can see Poch going on to bigger and better things, just a shame they got into CL semi's as it might keep him there a little longer.

From what he said when he first joined us about bringing young enough to wait and how he has to continue to learn and will only get that playing week in week out and not on 1 of the big teams benches which is where he would be for the other 5.

spurs have a lot of young talent in midfield. id imagine that they’d only need him if eriksen leaves and. i think they’d want an established worldie to replace him. i don’t see who  in the top 6 would offer him the guaranteed 1st team football he craves to improve..

Edited by MPH

34 minutes ago, StevieB said:

They've literally just written a click bait article to say the odds have shifted. 

The odds have only shifted because some hopeful Leicester fan has chucked a tenner on. 

• Haha 1

On 20/04/2019 at 10:20, BKLFox said:

This is my worst fear, him ending up at Spurs

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

What's the point in following Leicester next season if Tielemans doesn't join permanently. 

Absolutely no point. Not signing Yuri would give me the same defeatist feeling as when Junior Lewis left the Club.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which means they are open to the idea of him joining anyone. 

Well yeah, but if that article's correct about wanting to secure Silva too then we have a better hand than most other potential suitors barring a properly huge club coming in for him which seems unlikely at this stage, the biggest fish will want to see him maintain his current levels for more than half a season before lumping in.

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's a start. I was worried they'd want him back as i'm sure they will launch a bid to be top 2/3 again next season and he is exactly the type of player you'd want. It's bizarre they are willing to sell him and we cannot let this opportunity slip. Even if they want a younger and more dynamic alternative than Silva I hope we offer what's needed to get him and then move Silva on for as much as we can get (anything over £10m i'd take).

He is the priority signing this summer before anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Which we know

however, the silva part is hopefully going to put us in a stronger position if we can match the sum other clubs are prepared to part with AND the player wants to stay here. 

Its a bit more complicated than your average deal ...... I’m hoping that things are already sorted behind the scenes