Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

11 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The main difference between us and Arsenal is their ability to see off bottom half teams at home. 

This and years of success and reputation across the world, created by signing international players on big wages and offering them accommodation in one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities with excellent travel links to mainland Europe.

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

This and years of success and reputation across the world, created by signing international players on big wages and offering them accommodation in one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities with excellent travel links to mainland Europe.

Loughborough ??

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

we really should be pushing to get the deal done as soon as possible tbh, if they want £40mil and Silva, just give them the money and Silva

hopefully with Monaco wanting Silva, that will give us the edge in regards getting YT

What makes anyone think that we aren’t?

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Dier allegedly off to Real Madrid so there’s gonna be a hole in their side....

he isn’t technically good enough to be their holding midfielder .... maybe as a centre half .....

would be great business for spurs to get a big fee for him 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he isn’t technically good enough to be their holding midfielder .... maybe as a centre half .....

would be great business for spurs to get a big fee for him 

He doesn't touch Ramos, Varane and Militao at CB. Would be a complete waste of money for him to go there 

On 01/05/2019 at 05:21, Nicolo Barella said:

Really? Are you deluded? Here's a number of reasons why they would

• Guaranteed european football

• Higher wages

• Prestige

• Better teammates

Not necessarily sure about the Higher Wages and Better teammates comment. We could make him our top earner and still afford to do it, but the comment about better teammates I'm not having that... pound for pound I genuinely feel we have the makings of a better squad.

Out of the starting 11 on Sunday, how many of them would walk into our starting 11?

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Dier allegedly off to Real Madrid so there’s gonna be a hole in their side....

Yes - Real will have their work cut out to fill that hole once they land him. 

Edited by TrentFox

LEICESTER 'IDEAL PLATFORM' FOR TIELEMANS 

Youri Tielemans has really impressed since arriving at Leicester - and manager Brendan Rodgers remains hopeful the midfielder will sign on a permanent deal from Monaco. 

Rodgers said: "He came here in January because he wasn’t getting game time. 

"I think what Leicester have shown him is the opportunity that is here for any player, and in particular a young player. 

"He is a very clever footballer with big experience for such a young player. 

"He has got a wonderful platform and base here to continue that development if there is something that is agreed between the clubs."

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Not necessarily sure about the Higher Wages and Better teammates comment. We could make him our top earner and still afford to do it, but the comment about better teammates I'm not having that... pound for pound I genuinely feel we have the makings of a better squad.

Out of the starting 11 on Sunday, how many of them would walk into our starting 11?

I understand the impetus behind it, but in my opinion thats a slightly flawed question to ask as we play different formations/systems, so the two teams have few players that would walk into each others teams.

Like, in our 4-1-4-1, I think the only players from their team who at peak fitness and form would walk in our team would be Leno and Torreira (as he has the passing dimension that Ndidi lacks). Others that might get in would be Aubameyang on the wing, because he can finish when he cuts in unlike our wingers, Ramsey who is truly an excellent No. 8, and perhaps Sokratis over Evans as he is an excellent centreback in a shocking defense. 

However, in a fully fit Arsenal 3-4-1-2 with Ozil or Ramsey as the .10, we would have very few players who would walk in as well. Maguire over Monreal as the LCB easily, but Sokratis and Holding in particular who improved greatly this year before his injury would retain their places over Evans imo, although there is certainly an argument there. Their wingbacks Bellerin and Kolasinac are great in their positions, fairly creative and attacking, let's say Ricardo just edges Bellerin. Torreira and Xhaka fit and in form are a better midfield two for their system than anything we can offer. For the style that Arsenal play, sure Vardy would be in contention for a slot with Aubameyang and Lacazette, but it's not a given. 

That's 2 players from Arsenal who in my opinion who would walk into our 11, with 3 more potential candidates. Then there's 2 players from Leicester (Maguire and Ricardo) who would walk into Arsenal's 11, with maybe Vardy and Evans as well.

The reason I say Arsenal has better teammates is because their squad is deeper with quality than ours - once you leave the first 11, how many players do we have good enough to enter Arsenal's squad?

However you're right our team's nucleus is young and improving, it is exciting, and our quality can improve. 

The higher wages I've adressed elsewhere in this thread, but basically, yes, their wage bill is over 50 million bigger than ours, which is also currently inflated from what it would normally be as well due to the likes of Slimani, Fuchs, Simpson, Kingy who are on high wages and offer next to nothing to the club.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Yeah. But apart from that 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Hope we get Tielemans permanently when the transfer window opens, just to shut Tottenham fans up who constantly bang on, on their forums to Poch to sign him up. 

Poch is being given UKP40M plus what he derives from player sales according to Talk Shite this morning.   I think he may be shopping at TK Max as opposed to Harrods unless they sell Ericksen or one of their CB's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

interesting quote from Brendan ….. mentions nothing about the player …….just the clubs …...strictly speaking we cant speak to the player about staying until Monaco agree to a deal - i guess it could be Brendan playing a very straight bat 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

LEICESTER 'IDEAL PLATFORM' FOR TIELEMANS 

Youri Tielemans has really impressed since arriving at Leicester - and manager Brendan Rodgers remains hopeful the midfielder will sign on a permanent deal from Monaco. 

Rodgers said: "He came here in January because he wasn’t getting game time. 

"I think what Leicester have shown him is the opportunity that is here for any player, and in particular a young player. 

"He is a very clever footballer with big experience for such a young player. 

"He has got a wonderful platform and base here to continue that development if there is something that is agreed between the clubs."

To be fair he's probably said "Just do what i'm doing and i'll take you to Arsenal/Chelsea in a year or two" lol 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

The Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws (not the most reliable, but top 20% of most reliable sources imo) reports that Manchester United and Tottenham are discussing internally if they will make an offer for Tielemans and how much.

and they know what is going on internally at english clubs ???

you're right - not the most reliable!

what i will say is that the fact that these rumours are still coming out means either the club or the players representatives are trying to get a better deal out of us or the player to a bigger club than us. if everything was agreed on a deal with us then there would be nothing dripping out, day by day. if a deal was done, it could be announced in advance. lets hope rudders manages to sort this out 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

To be fair he's probably said "Just do what i'm doing and i'll take you to Arsenal/Chelsea in a year or two" lol 

Ha ha! I think most fans would take that though, as we will have done something right to get to that scenario.

Even if we sign Tielemans he'd only be here for a maximum of two seasons so we just need to enjoy him for as long as we have him. Even if he doesn't sign in the summer, I don't think it was a waste to bring him in. It's shown a clear position in the squad we need to invest in, and the benefits it can provide.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This reminds me of Esteban Cambiasso all over again, a waiting game with not with the verdict we wanted.

However that did mean we end up with Kante.

I can see us ending up with a Kante situation on our hands at the end of next season. Release clause and everything.

21 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

I can see us ending up with a Kante situation on our hands at the end of next season. Release clause and everything.

if one more season is the only option, i’ll take that over nothing.

• Like 1