Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

God there are going to be some disillusioned fans about when we aren’t spending these sums.

If we sold harrry, would we sign a replacement ?  Maybe we would simply adjust our possible intention to loan out Calgar or benko. 

So we could spend 100m+ without selling Harry but if he pushes for a deal and leaves then posters such as yourself will say ‘see, only 30m nett spend’ when the plan may have been to not sell anyone and still spend 100m ?? 

My point being that even actual events don’t necessarily prove things .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

God there are going to be some disillusioned fans about when we aren’t spending these sums.

Bab we won't actually know until we start bidding, we can speculate all we want but there has been multiple sources claiming we are heavily investing this summer (Whether you believe these sources or not). Lets wait and see..

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The pattern of LCFC since title winning season has been sell 1 player to fund the rest:-

16/17 Kanté 

17/18 Drinkwater

18/19 Mahrez 

Net Spends of 

16/17 £30m 

17/18 £35m 

18/19 £17m 

It would be a departure from our current economic model if we were to stay firm and spend £100m 

I know - I think it’s strange to think that we could consistently challenge for top six by continuing with that model. Unless Brendan is truly the ‘messiah’ and get the players to the next level purely with coaching .......

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The pattern of LCFC since title winning season has been sell 1 player to fund the rest:-

16/17 Kanté 

17/18 Drinkwater

18/19 Mahrez 

Net Spends of 

16/17 £30m 

17/18 £35m 

18/19 £17m 

It would be a departure from our current economic model if we were to stay firm and spend £100m 

Except we didn't want to sell on a y of those occasions. Kante had the clause, and the others forced it  It wasn't because the club needed the money.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know - I think it’s strange to think that we could consistently challenge for top six by continuing with that model. Unless Brendan is truly the ‘messiah’ and get the players to the next level purely with coaching .......

But that’s the difficulty with any club trying to break the top six. All six of them are backed by regular Champions League money and the now skewed overseas TV deal. 

It’s very, very hard. I’d be interested to see how Wolves play it 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

But that’s the difficulty with any club trying to break the top six. All six of them are backed by regular Champions League money and the now skewed overseas TV deal. 

It’s very, very hard. I’d be interested to see how Wolves play it 

Me too ....... I bet they will spend big on the basis that they can rein it in year after next if it doesn’t prove successful ...they also have assets like neves who they can sell to bring big cash in 

9 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Except we didn't want to sell on a y of those occasions. Kante had the clause, and the others forced it  It wasn't because the club needed the money.

True on Kanté. However the club thought quickly on that, got the transfer fee up, had the deal sorted as soon as possible and they always had the back-up of Champions League income. 

Drinkwater and Mahrez had already made intentions clear way before they went. Pair of them signing new contracts as City made them a reassurance. Drinkwater went once we (thought at the time) got Silva. Mahrez we put off until we had Maddison done. 

Surprise, surprise look at what players have recently signed contracts. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

I've had an idea. Why not launch a Kickstarter or some other kind of crowd funding to buy him. I mean, if every City fan who goes at least once in a while we're to donate just £10, we could raise up to around £500,000!

56 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Putting in £100m as a one off doesn’t get you far these days. You need to be putting that in year on year to buy your way in, which we can’t do.

Everton spent around £160 mill acquiring a bunch of misfits and failures they are now trying to unload 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nett spend five years = 227m  (almost a hundred millmore than us ) 

So £45million net spare a year then. For a club with another 7k of fans, throw in the occasional European appearance and big sponsorship deals. 

Pretty comparable to what we output 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You seem to have some form of addiction that we must spend huge sums of money. 

We spent a combined £70 million on Musa, Kelechi and Slimani. 

All about identifying players who are value for money. Pereira the perfect example of a decent fee but a very good return. 

Not at all and yes you are right, I have only really talked of the spending side! The nachos/musas/slimanis are a loss to me. I remember stalking this site every 10 minutes when we were closing in on those signings (and watching the jet/copter reports wherever they were picking the players up from).

So yes it's all about identifying the right players, but 2 things are key for me here. 1. I'd hope that we've fixed the failings that led to the sheer multitude of bad signings as above. 2. If so, BR and the scouting team have a list of players already that will form the basis of recruitment this summer. We must move on from the past.

Pereira was a sensational buy. But I'm not looking at his return, I'm focusing on what he can do for us.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

All of you amateur accountants are really taking the fun out of the transfer talk section.

Fair point... bring on the £200m on some shite we can’t even flog to a Turkish team in 12 months lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If we sold harrry, would we sign a replacement ?  Maybe we would simply adjust our possible intention to loan out Calgar or benko. 

So we could spend 100m+ without selling Harry but if he pushes for a deal and leaves then posters such as yourself will say ‘see, only 30m nett spend’ when the plan may have been to not sell anyone and still spend 100m ?? 

My point being that even actual events don’t necessarily prove things .....

Well it would prove we didn’t spend £100m. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this the Tielemans thread or the "bicker about club finances that none of us really know" thread? Ultimately Monaco can sell him to whoever they like and his personal opinion isn't worth a knacker. It's highly unlikely they'll do anything until their season is properly over either and I'm fairly certain that the top guys at Monaco aren't keeping twitter randomers up to speed with negotiations. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

History does occasionally repeat itself......