Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Exactly this, getting a finance deal is the smartest business move the club can make however so many a struggling to see that.

By simply having a finance deal you have fixed payments which you pay back rather than one big sum of cash. The reality is if you pay it off in cash you can forget about signing any players for 2 seasons. Or you have fixed payments which then don’t dent the clubs ambitions to invest in the playing staff & push further up the league. It’s literally a no brainer.

There's two loans. 

The first loan has fixed payments occurring upon £18m being received from the Mahrez transfer in 2019 and 2020, totalling £36m. 

The second loan has fixed payments occurring upon the granting of TV money in the next two years. 

We don't know the stated amount of money loaned in the second deal but the TV money could account for up to £250million. The training ground is said to cost £100 million. 

There's opportunity there to receive up to £100 million of transfer earmarked money. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There's two loans. 

The first loan has fixed payments occurring upon £18m being received from the Mahrez transfer in 2019 and 2020, totalling £36m. 

The second loan has fixed payments occurring upon the granting of TV money in the next two years. 

We don't know the stated amount of money loaned in the second deal but the TV money could account for up to £250million. The training ground is said to cost £100 million. 

There's opportunity there to receive up to £100 million of transfer earmarked money. 

The accounts stated a loan facility of £55 million had been acquired in 2018/2019. It's all a bit of a gray area at the moment until the next accounts as you don't know what's been included and what hasn't. Plus it's a loan facility to draw upton, rather than us having actually loaned X amount from what I can tell. Having said that, you don't loan £55m if you only need to spend £40m, so it'll be there or there abouts you'd think. 

Edited by Babylon

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The accounts stated a loan facility of £55 million had been acquired in 2018/2019. It's all a bit of a gray area at the moment until the next accounts as you don't know what's been included and what hasn't. Plus it's a loan facility to draw upton, rather than us having actually loaned X amount from what I can tell. Having said that, you don't loan £55m if you only need to spend £40m, so it'll be there or there abouts you'd think. 

Interesting stuff. I tried to find the pdf which had made it's way for public viewing from Companies House but it's unavailable. 

I think that Tielemans at £40m would be almost risk free.  We have seen the impact he has had on the team, we know he fits us like a glove.

If we try to get someone like Calhanoglu for £25 we take a much bigger risk.  Might hit the ground running but could turn out like Nacho or Silva.

If there is a chance of getting Youri, it's a no brainer,  we should break the bank, even if we have to go without a new winger and striker.  His value will only rise.  

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Hit the nail on the head. People moaning about figures etc etc, it’s the going rate. Unfortunately the days of picking up 5/6 bargains have gone. It’s simple to compete on a regular basis you have to spend. The previous post I responded to regarding 3 back up players cost more than our title winning squad, it is what it is. The truth is & it’s simple if you want to keep moving forward, the closer you get to your long term goal the more expensive it becomes.

Snap. I think people should take a step back and look at the bigger picture rather than quoting net/gross figures ect. The letters FFP are all over this thread and partly for good reason (I do know our clubs history administration wise and so on - just thought I'd say). But with the figures cast over 4-5 years of net profits coinciding with factoring in net buys this summer and versus any potential future penalties under FFP, then i stand by the 100-125mil net spend available. There are going to be a lot of players sold/released this year too as opposed to recent years and the wage bill will be significantly reduced inline with it. If you factor broadcasting increases and payments over the coming years and taking into account the squad player reduction this summer then the salary issue for 4-5 incoming calibre players should be a no brainer. I am intrigued as a newbie on here as to the commercial payment side (assume king power doesn't allow for any given what they already do for the club I.e. sponsorships/shirt brands). ?

Does anyone know roughly what the extension will cost? 

Going off track slightly - yes to tielemans at £40mil plus Silva swap. Nothing more though, I'd like soyuncu to remain here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Nothing suggests he has been given those assurances either, it's just guess work on at the assumption Rodgers wouldn't have joined without it. 

He wouldn't though would he. I doubt he would jump ship from a treble treble halfway through the season to come to Leicester with no assurances. Top wouldn't have paid all of those millions in compensation for him and his backroom staff to come without the assurances that Celtic hadn't been giving him - money.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He wouldn't though would he. I doubt he would jump ship from a treble treble halfway through the season to come to Leicester with no assurances. Top wouldn't have paid all of those millions in compensation for him and his backroom staff to come without the assurances that Celtic hadn't been giving him - money.

I have absolutely no idea what he would and wouldn't accept. He could have just been promised backing (which could mean anything). He could have been promised between £30-40m a season, which is within the sort of ball park we've done before.

With or without a massive budget we were still an exciting proposition, young talented squad, new training ground on the horizon and no mental owners. It was the "best of the rest" in terms of clubs he's likely to get and a club who needed a manager. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I have absolutely no idea what he would and wouldn't accept. He could have just been promised backing (which could mean anything). He could have been promised between £30-40m a season, which is within the sort of ball park we've done before.

With or without a massive budget we were still an exciting proposition, young talented squad, new training ground on the horizon and no mental owners. It was the "best of the rest" in terms of clubs he's likely to get and a club who needed a manager. 

In his first press conference he said they hadn't discussed finances for signings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

In his first press conference he said they hadn't discussed finances for signings.

The club clearly puts back in what it makes on sales and clearly invests yearly. We have the 8th biggest gross investment since 14/15, so it wouldn't shock me they hadn't discussed it because we always invest when we can. 

I think the idea of £100m+ net spend is a pipe dream. Would be very nice if Top decides now is the time for a large investment, but when he only spoke about sustainability not a month ago yet, then to me that seems highly unlikely and any "top 6 challenge aspirations" are still long term. Top might not be his dad though and might fancy flicking a switch to boost the timescales. 

• Like 2

There was talk earlier (somewhere on foxtalk?) of the legal implications of Vichy's death, in terms of does Top have the same degree of financial freedom his father did, and the length of time it may take to resolve a estate following a sudden death. Anybody ITK as this may still impact on Transfer budget this season? 

4 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

There was talk earlier (somewhere on foxtalk?) of the legal implications of Vichy's death, in terms of does Top have the same degree of financial freedom his father did, and the length of time it may take to resolve a estate following a sudden death. Anybody ITK as this may still impact on Transfer budget this season? 

Multiple (closing in on double figures now) sources have said we could well be one of the top 4 spenders in the league this year, similar to Everton levels recently... so I think it's safe to say assets are all sorted. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The club clearly puts back in what it makes on sales and clearly invests yearly. We have the 8th biggest gross investment since 14/15, so it wouldn't shock me they hadn't discussed it because we always invest when we can. 

I think the idea of £100m+ net spend is a pipe dream. Would be very nice if Top decides now is the time for a large investment, but when he only spoke about sustainability not a month ago yet, then to me that seems highly unlikely and any "top 6 challenge aspirations" are still long term. Top might not be his dad though and might fancy flicking a switch to boost the timescales. 

I agree that they must've discussed transfer figures. BR isn't likely to confirm that in public though. 100+ mill - I still don't understand why it's a pipedream? We are assuredly in the biggest football league on the planet and on the cusp of the top 6. I also think it's risk free. We aren't the only current mid table teams to have spent those kinds of net figures either, Everton for one have been over recent years. I believe Top when he spoke of sustainability is more focusing on the training ground/stadium project and the long term foundations that that will bring the club. Of course there is the caveat that if we don't heavily invest in the squad every now and then that our new fancy "world class" facilities won't match the aspirations of the club itself. Unfortunately, sometimes, cash really is king.

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I agree that they must've discussed transfer figures. BR isn't likely to confirm that in public though. 100+ mill - I still don't understand why it's a pipedream? We are assuredly in the biggest football league on the planet and on the cusp of the top 6. I also think it's risk free. We aren't the only current mid table teams to have spent those kinds of net figures either, Everton for one have been over recent years. I believe Top when he spoke of sustainability is more focusing on the training ground/stadium project and the long term foundations that that will bring the club. Of course there is the caveat that if we don't heavily invest in the squad every now and then that our new fancy "world class" facilities won't match the aspirations of the club itself. Unfortunately, sometimes, cash really is king.

Risk free? You can spend £100m on shit in the click of a finger, it's risk free for you. It's not risk free for the person whose £100m it is. 

It's a pipe dream because there has been ZERO evidence of willingness to do so before. Despite huge record profits in previous seasons we've not come close to those numbers. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Risk free? You can spend £100m on shit in the click of a finger, it's risk free for you. It's not risk free for the person whose £100m it is. 

It's a pipe dream because there has been ZERO evidence of willingness to do so before. Despite huge record profits in previous seasons we've not come close to those numbers. 

Of course it's the owners risk. But the risk to them is negligible.

When people start to talk of 'pipe dreams' it usually ends up with of us being back in the championship and of then to be emulating to be a premier leugue team again and also wishing we hadn't screwed up by not investing money that was easily accessible. 

Look around you, look at wolves? Look at their aspirations and implementations. Look at the infrastructure projects of a lot of the top teams in the premier league.

This league is dangerous if you start lagging behind in it. It ends in relegation when you get complacent and focus solely on "managing the books".

After a few 'sustainable' years, we HAVE to have some quality squad investment to continue progression. 

7 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Yes I read that after seeing your post - ‘the plan is to keep the players’

its not quite the same as saying we aren’t selling anyone we dont want to. If Man City are genuinely interested then Brendan making these statements will help drive the price up - imagine rudders saying to his counterpart - ‘ look, BR has only just got here and we committed to not selling any first team players unless they demanded to leave or the price was exorbitant’ ..... 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be very surprised if this is true, I imagine it was just deflection on BR part to avoid answering the questions.

52 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Of course it's the owners risk. But the risk to them is negligible.

When people start to talk of 'pipe dreams' it usually ends up with of us being back in the championship and of then to be emulating to be a premier leugue team again and also wishing we hadn't screwed up by not investing money that was easily accessible. 

Look around you, look at wolves? Look at their aspirations and implementations. Look at the infrastructure projects of a lot of the top teams in the premier league.

This league is dangerous if you start lagging behind in it. It ends in relegation when you get complacent and focus solely on "managing the books".

After a few 'sustainable' years, we HAVE to have some quality squad investment to continue progression. 

finally someone posted what ive been thinking  ……...

the key of course is intelligent investment. that's always the problem - for every maguire there are two or three dogs ……… it tends to even out re expense and return.  tielemans is as close to a risk free buy, given his age, that you could find. his arrival should only be dependant on his desire to sign for us. 

west ham spent nearly 100m last summer. everton have invested heavily. teams such as palace and Newcastle aren't that many points behind us having flirted with relegation through the campaign. we must invest to maintain our position in the league and hope we get enough right to push on further. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 15:00, Dames said:

He won’t be going Tottenham. They won’t want to get involved in a bidding war and get embarrassed when they can’t afford their man. They have massive stadium debts to pay off and Levy isn't the type of owner to neglect finances.  

Spurs will spent their summer and budget tying down their best players. 

I would say their stadium debt compared to their income is more manageable than our debt for ground expansion and training complex. In short they financially stronger than us.  Also their profits are way healthier.

6 hours ago, Tommo220 said:

i keep seeing the development finance deal referenced as a reason why we cant afford to do anything, or as to why KP are not putting money in, when in reality a development finance package is simply the most efficient use of capital - nothing more. 

Why do you think Spurs borrowed to develop WHL, or Arsenal with The Emirates, rather than using cold hard cash in the bank? its the way absolutely EVERYTHING gets built, if you aren't being funded by a Sheik!

Spurs and arsenal have been both crippled on transfer spending.  Because they paying those debts.  That is two clubs with much more wealth than ourselves, yet you somehow think we wont be affected, one of the loans has the payments for mahrez going direct to the bank so the club wont see that money, and the other is secured against our next 2 seasons TV money, obviously this affects our ability to spend.

Over the past 3 windows our net spend has been 25 million combined, our last filed accounts have circa 1 million profit.

This is the reality, unless king power go against what they have been doing in recent seasons the money isnt there for splashing the cash on players without sales.

Edited by Chrysalis

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t expect us to go all out to buy players no, but I don’t believe for one minute they’ve given BR £20-£30m not a chance, he wouldn’t leave Celtic & the chance to create history for one of the smallest budgets in the prem. BR would have been informed they seriously want to have a crack this year & are willing to invest to do so. I’m pretty sure BR stated that he’s more than willing to break our transfer record in order to bring quality in. For me that alone tells me that he’s been promised a lot of money early on.

Truth be told the club need to spend around £125m to create a squad capable of top 6 & that is before any potential outgoings imo;

£15m back up right back

£40m Youri

£20m back up number 8

£30m Sarr or another top quality winger

£20m back up striker. 

No chance we have a net spend of over 100 million. We not man utd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Multiple (closing in on double figures now) sources have said we could well be one of the top 4 spenders in the league this year, similar to Everton levels recently... so I think it's safe to say assets are all sorted. 

Has there been? Other than Nixon in The Sun and Abrasive Fox and a few possibly ITK on here who else has stated this? Only asking as I may have missed it.