Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, MPH said:

i wondwr if for FFA reasons we can’t conclude this too early as then it would be included in last seasons budget calculations and not the coming seasons?

I think it's pretty standard practice that even if a signing is completed, announced and more-or-less official, the actual signing doesn't become 'active' until the 1st of July to get around exactly that.

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

More promising in the comments to his tweet someone asked if anyone else was in for him and he said something like "spurs have other priorities and at United he was just an option not the main no. 1 target"

Screenshot_20190614-083828.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leuven said:

reports in belgian newspapers saying a deal with Leicester will be reached very soon. They are pushing hard to get the deal done. Silva will be part of the deal. United en Spurs showed interest but did not make any offers yet. Tielemans does not want to wait.

Good that we're pushing hard to get this done. If we can get him in, it's a huge bonus for us and shows we're wanting to build something here. 

Fingers crossed we get this over the line.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leuven said:

reports in belgian newspapers saying a deal with Leicester will be reached very soon. They are pushing hard to get the deal done. Silva will be part of the deal. United en Spurs showed interest but did not make any offers yet. Tielemans does not want to wait.

Thanks for this info.  Hopefully Belgian newspapers are more reliable than the majority of the publications in the UK.    He would be great for Leicester and do Belgium proud!!

11 minutes ago, leuven said:

Thanks leuven!

I know everyone is impatient for transfer news, but I think it's very clear that Youri is our number one target and we want resolution on his transfer before we sign anyone else. If we get him, he's our marquee signing for the summer, if we don't then we go for another marquee signing instead. If we were to spend 15-20m on someone else first and then turn out to be 5-10m short of signing Youri then that would be an own goal gaffe of comedic proportions. 

I would imagine that before the end of June we will have either have signed him or someone else will and it will kickstart our transfer season. Perhaps a player like James Justin comes in (IE a squad player) for a smaller amount, but this is the big fish we want to fry.

I personally think we will pull it off. Spurs want Lo Celso from Betis and Man United wanted Bruno Fernandes of Sporting. Both players are older and currently better than Youri, which is why they prefer them over Youri, whereas we already have proof of how good he will be in our team and want him signed up!!!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, leuven said:

it's also said that leicester will break their transfer record to get the deal done. No idea what the record amount is at right now.

30M paid for Islam Slimani!

:facepalm:

(Not the player's fault the fee was so expensive, but probably 15M too much...)

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

30M paid for Islam Slimani!

:facepalm:

(Not the player's fault the fee was so expensive, but probably 15M too much...)

interesting to see how these transfers turn out. Slimani for 30 million, Mahrez for less than one million?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, leuven said:

it's also said that leicester will break their transfer record to get the deal done. No idea what the record amount is at right now.

28mil for this ?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thanks leuven!

I know everyone is impatient for transfer news, but I think it's very clear that Youri is our number one target and we want resolution on his transfer before we sign anyone else. If we get him, he's our marquee signing for the summer, if we don't then we go for another marquee signing instead. If we were to spend 15-20m on someone else first and then turn out to be 5-10m short of signing Youri then that would be an own goal gaffe of comedic proportions. 

I would imagine that before the end of June we will have either have signed him or someone else will and it will kickstart our transfer season. Perhaps a player like James Justin comes in (IE a squad player) for a smaller amount, but this is the big fish we want to fry.

I personally think we will pull it off. Spurs want Lo Celso from Betis and Man United wanted Bruno Fernandes of Sporting. Both players are older and currently better than Youri, which is why they prefer them over Youri, whereas we already have proof of how good he will be in our team and want him signed up!!!

Agreed, the larger teams want immediate takent and rarely will take a gamble on a younger player.  

If Youri comes in and does well, we could be hitting serious money in the future. 

• Like 1