Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 minute ago, Manini said:

If we do sign him, he has potential to be the best player we’ve ever had in my opinion - i’m Still a bit baffled that he’s played for us in the first place the bloke is absolute quality. 

Kante is the best for me ATM 

Kante is the only world class LCFC player in recent memory so I am inclined to agree. 

Tielemans showed so much promise though that it’s possible to imagine him approaching those heights. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Champions League next season is a realistic proposition if we sign Tielemans and one or two more our first team is strong.

Depends what you think "realistic" means. Is there a chance of it happening? Maybe, if everything goes right. That doesn't mean it's realistic though, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depends what you think "realistic" means. Is there a chance of it happening? Maybe, if everything goes right. That doesn't mean it's realistic though, in my opinion. 

United and Arsenal in transition.

Chelsea lose their best player and under transfer embargo

Wolves in early rounds of Europa League.

Challenging for 4th seems quite reasonable to me. :P

19 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Kante is the only world class LCFC player in recent memory so I am inclined to agree. 

Tielemans showed so much promise though that it’s possible to imagine him approaching those heights. 

What a short memory you have!

Mahrez for the whole of 15-16

Cambiasso, though fading, his class was crystal clear, to name two without trying

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Leicester want Tielemans as first choice and the other clubs see him as an option only if Plan A and Plan B fail.

If he holds on for too long there is a danger that Leicester move on and the other clubs don't move for him as they land their original targets. 

Come to Leicester Youri and come where you are loved by the fans, players and staff. You can also play in the position you want with a lot of teammates who are similar to you as they're young with huge potential. 

There's always the risk that he goes and they don't see him to be right for them and he becomes plan C or just a bench warmer.

Why risk it again when he can come here when he started basically every game for us. He'd be in display for a bigger team whilst getting important game time with us

Just now, Steve Earle said:

What a short memory you have!

Mahrez for the whole of 15-16

Cambiasso, though fading, his class was crystal clear, to name two without trying

Mahrez’s status as a world class player is absolutely debatable, as great as he was that season. 

Cambiasso wasn’t a world class player in the shirt, though he certainly had a celebrated career prior to his time here.

I don’t think those are unreasonable omissions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Mahrez’s status as a world class player is absolutely debatable, as great as he was that season. 

Cambiasso wasn’t a world class player in the shirt, though he certainly had a celebrated career prior to his time here.

I don’t think those are unreasonable omissions. 

Kante is the only one to really go on to bigger things. Yes Mahrez has gone to man city but hasn't reached that consistency yet. He is no doubt a world class player though.

Kante was and is just an incredible player. No team would turn down having him.

13 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

United and Arsenal in transition.

Chelsea lose their best player and under transfer embargo

Wolves in early rounds of Europa League.

Challenging for 4th seems quite reasonable to me. :P

Right, but all United and Arsenal have to do is not have one of their worst seasons ever to finish above us. United were so poor this season that I doubt they could top themselves next season, and they still finished, what, 12 points ahead of Wolves? I get that the conditions are possible, I just take umbrage with saying that its "realistic" that all of Chelsea, United and Arsenal simultaneously have hideously poor seasons, and we will be good enough to take advantage of that.

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So as we drift along P98, the news is pretty well as it was on P1 ....

Not quite.

No news is good news as far as Leicester signing Tielemans is concerned. Here we are in the middle of June and no other club have made a move for him and there have only been some spurious and flimsy links which looks like he's nobody's first choice but ours. We're probably his fallback option but knows if he doesn't decide to move here in the next fortnight we're not going to wait around for him until August. 

Edited by Gerard

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kante is the only one to really go on to bigger things. Yes Mahrez has gone to man city but hasn't reached that consistency yet. He is no doubt a world class player though.

Kante was and is just an incredible player. No team would turn down having him.

All depends on your definition of world class, for me it's being one of the top 2-3 players in your position in the world, don't think Mahrez is or was that, as fantastic a player as he is.  Kante was and still is.

• Like 2

Just now, henrik_62 said:

All depends on your definition of world class, for me it's being one of the top 2-3 players in your position in the world, don't think Mahrez is or was that, as fantastic a player as he is.  Kante was and still is.

Valid point, Mahrez was the best for us but globally he's a very good player but maybe not that world class level. We'll see if Pep can coach that into him.

Kante is the best dm at what he does..

Back to the topic of the thread I think Tielemans needs to be very careful in terms of his next move as it will likely be the one that defines his career.  If he goes to a much bigger club where he is an unknown quantity and a contingency plan on a great contract the danger is he could spend the core developmental years of his career in and out the team which will do him no good and could see him ending up bouncing from mid-tier European sides the rest of career.

If he goes to a club like Leicester on the other hand where he is adored, will be one of the focal points of the team, play week in week out and then if he keeps developing he then goes to one of these bigger sides as a very different proposition, as a more rounded player and someone who will be purchased on the basis of being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Back to the topic of the thread I think Tielemans needs to be very careful in terms of his next move as it will likely be the one that defines his career.  If he goes to a much bigger club where he is an unknown quantity and a contingency plan on a great contract the danger is he could spend the core developmental years of his career in and out the team which will do him no good and could see him ending up bouncing from mid-tier European sides the rest of career.

If he goes to a club like Leicester on the other hand where he is adored, will be one of the focal points of the team, play week in week out and then if he keeps developing he then goes to one of these bigger sides as a very different proposition, as a more rounded player and someone who will be purchased on the basis of being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Henrik - You missed the scenario whereby he stays at Leicester, wins the Premier League in his first season, lifts the Champions League as Captain in his second season snubbing Barcelona and Real in the process, whilst being cited as one of the main reasons for Neymar, Joao Felix, and De Ligt joining the club :D

• Haha 1