Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Tielemans’s time with us has made him a regular in that Belgian side. Same as Maguire’s now being England’s first choice CB, Chilwell the first choice LB and Maddison as an absolute shoo-in for the next England squad. Good news for us, I don’t think it goes unnoticed with these players. We’re the perfect platform for these talented young lads 

He didnt play in the last game ......

16 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Player raters on bbc sport for the match , everyone give him a 1

Not surprising, for some reason he's often playing almost as deep as the CBs when Belgium are attacking

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He didnt play in the last game ......

Just looked at their fixtures from last season, he’s been starting regularly since the World Cup :doh: 

Surprised as from what I remember he didn’t get a kick apart from during that dead rubber against us. 

15 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Not surprising, for some reason he's often playing almost as deep as the CBs when Belgium are attacking

Two world class attacking players behind Lukaku. Maybe the fact that BR allows him more license to get forward could be a factor in him coming here? He plays in his ideal position and with players of equal ability here and a lot of the lads are his own age, sometimes you need to be careful what you give up as those conditions may never happen again in his career. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He wasn't poor but just a bit quiet. As good as he is he's still got a way to go to be a standout player in that side.

He looked like he had been told not to do anything that might detract from the big boys! 

hopefully, as @Gerard points out earlier, it may make him see that to play where he wants to he is safer coming here .... 

16 hours ago, FoxesFourLife said:

Don't suppose you could find us another Vardy then ;)

More likely to be which players / managers are parting company with who and why. It’s not very exciting. 

Ive only ever seen three players at that level who really stood out. 

One was Erhan erhoglu or similar at dulwich hamlet. Went to posh. 

The other two both at Maidstone - Ben greenhalgh ( no idea what he’s doing now ) and Luke Rooney ( unfit but still class). He went to Luton and barely played I think. 

Im clearly not a great judge though as Maidstone also has a striker who I didn’t think was great but he now regularly starts in league 1. 

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

More likely to be which players / managers are parting company with who and why. It’s not very exciting. 

The other two both at Maidstone - Ben greenhalgh ( no idea what he’s doing now ) and Luke Rooney ( unfit but still class). He went to Luton and barely played I think. 

Im clearly not a great judge though as Maidstone also has a striker who I didn’t think was great but he now regularly starts in league 1. 

Greenhalgh, is he the one who got sent off about 15 seconds into a playoff final? Name rings a bell! 

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Joe Piggott? Terrible player lol 

Breaking foreign re-hash drivel:

https://www.voetbalbelgie.be/specials/special-transferzorgen-voor-meerdere-rode-duivels/2019/06/12/

And what about Youri Tielemans? He played a lot at AS Monaco, did not fully meet the high expectations - bought for 25 million euros - and came under fire. Tielemans showed in the shirt of Leicester City that he is made of the right wood. He does not want to go back to Monaco and that club hopes to get rid of him definitively. AS Monaco wants to make a profit. Which club puts +25 million euros on the table?

I think its done... He says in one article that many of the teams futures are sorted but he might have to wait a few days or even weeks before things are made official.....

It's the use of the word official which to me suggests is more likely a move to stay rather than a move to a different team? Interesting that the Belgium national squad nickname is the Red Devils !

Tielemans will now enjoy his vacation before making a decision about his future. The median should leave Monaco definitively to join the Premier League. "It's settled for some Devils but not for me yet.It will take several days or, at worst, several weeks for it to be official.But, you know me, I'm quiet, it will not stop me from passing a good holiday, "said Tielemans.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Joe Piggott? Terrible player lol 

Yes!

did you google all Maidstone transfers or did you just happen to know that? And why? 

We’ve had some poor players of late and some shocking strikers but most of them don’t get a move to league one !

Should have mentioned Zavon Hines as a brilliant but v injury prone player at that level. 

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes!

did you google all Maidstone transfers or did you just happen to know that? And why? 

We’ve had some poor players of late and some shocking strikers but most of them don’t get a move to league one !

Should have mentioned Zavon Hines as a brilliant but v injury prone player at that level. 

Haha no, I’ve watched Maidstone a few times because my parents are from there. My friends and I used to bounce around to the Joe Piggott song purely out of jest. We’re all fans of higher league clubs so it was funny to us how much they doted on him.

Zavon Hines has great pace for that level but my West Ham supporting mate used to cringe at their love for him too having seen him play there.

I’ll be going to Maidstone no doubt toward the end of this year, it’s great fun and a world apart from higher league football which is the charm for me! 

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Haha no, I’ve watched Maidstone a few times because my parents are from there. My friends and I used to bounce around to the Joe Piggott song purely out of jest. We’re all fans of higher league clubs so it was funny to us how much they doted on him.

Zavon Hines has great pace for that level but my West Ham supporting mate used to cringe at their love for him too having seen him play there.

I’ll be going to Maidstone no doubt toward the end of this year, it’s great fun and a world apart from higher league football which is the charm for me! 

The football this season was absolute dross. 

I might be doing a bit of sponsorship there next season so drop me a line if you ever want a ticket. Save you 17 quid or whatever it is to watch them. Should go well this year though I think. 

14 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Why? Does everyone get a free pork pie ? 99 or 100 how does that impact on our lives?

Absolutely love a pork pie me so yes please. 

My favourite by a million miles were the big square ones they did at Walkers in Leicester. Don’t think they’re so good since they supply Waitrose and Sainsbury’s around the country. 

47 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Why? Does everyone get a free pork pie ? 99 or 100 how does that impact on our lives?

35 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Foxestalk bantz ?

No ..... I have it on good authority that rudders is waiting for us to get to P100 before he completes the paperwork....