Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Leicester 2-1 Burnley Post Match thread

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Great result

Well battled 

Lots of Positives 

But

can we give Ward a chance

Kasper doesn't save much, has shit distribution and could do with seeing his competition start

KS Passing Accuracy 

Heaton

Ward is even worse. Need a new footballing keeper. The lad on loan at shef UTd looks good 

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ricardo lost a lot of ball,when he could of passed,Evans was in the pressure cooker,and cleared all day,MOTM can also mean you have made mistakes...

I like Ricardo,but imo,he lost the ball too much today....but still played an important part in the win...I don't go out looking for every mistake...or I would give

Dyche MOM...:teehee:

Agreed I'm a big fan of Rick as well but he did lose the ball a lot and his passes (even the simple ones) were hit and miss. Overall he was more than decent though. I think Ndidi was good, saved his teammates' skins a couple times. Not many good/decent performances today, but I'm still very happy with the win.

We beat a poor team but we made it hard for ourselves.

Maguire was a fool. Rather let the man shoot and keep 11 on the pitch than have to play 90 minutes with only 10 and give away a dangerously positioned free kick.

Kasper should have saved their goal and other than that only had the one save to make all game. Kicking was atrocious, hopefully that was just the weather, goalkeeping from corners was a nightmare when he seemed to play for a free kick every time. We're lucky Burnley were so bad.

Chilly was okay but nothing more

Evans made the one big blunder but otherwise had a very good game

Wes made a couple of blunders and that back pass was a nightmare, otherwise he did pretty well against the big lineup and he of course scored. Really don't want him to be playing in the first team next season though.

Ricardo had a very good game.

Ndidi, was everywhere and our motm

Maddison worked hard defensively and that free kick was sublime. The haters can't be too happy.

Tielemans is the difference between our team earlier in the season and now. Class but he does run out of steam later in the game.

Barnes show moments of class but not able to shine so much today

Vardy missed a couple of good chances but didn't have the best of service otherwise.

Rodgers did well but I'm not sure bringing Fuchs on was a great idea, the guy has an error or two in him, we looked the more likely to lose during the last 30 minutes.

Overall a great win that was so much harder than it should have been.

Refreshing to be on the right side of a late winner after Watford. Thought we managed the game extremely well given the circumstances, I would've happily taken a point has played 85mins plus stoppages with 10men so 3 points is a huge bonus. Rodgers made some good substitutions and we reshuffled well and were the better team in the first half. Dug in hard in the second half and knicked it late on. Maddison's free kick was top drawer. Cleared the magic 40 too, so that's a nice milestone.

In a way, it was kind of frustrating we had to put that performance in to win that game. Burnley looked very average indeed but we created our own struggles today with a silly red card and a miss-kick from Evans (though he did well otherwise). In general we give the ball away far too much. If we can cut that sort of thing out of our game we'll be well on our way.

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

A bottle of port, a bar of chocolate, my wife wearing my Leicester Shirt....boy is she getting drilled tonight..

What time do I need to leave by?

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

If you win with 10 men for 86 minutes in the Premier League the style you do it is irrelevant.

I agree but it's our own stupidity that put us in that position. we should have played with 11 and beaten them easily. They were so poor.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I agree but it's our own stupidity that put us in that position. we should have played with 11 and beaten them easily. They were so poor.

Who cares tho this is football things like this happen. The fact we won that game today is class let’s just enjoy it

• Like 2

Fantastic result, totally delighted. 

Here's the negative. 

Whatever Madders reason for taking off his shirt after scoring, it was incredibly daft after being down to 10 men. 

Could have been extremely costly and could have totally killed any chance we have had of victory. 

But I'm not having a rant?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Tielemans has made a big difference but to deny the difference the managerial change has already made is, frankly, ridiculous

People need to own up and acknowledge that they have dissed our very good players far too soon this season

But I bet you won’t.

You're absolutely right and just wait for the next defeat to see the usual suspects trashing the whip boys again. Still I can't remember @AlloverthefloorYesNdidi trashing any of our players.

Feels quite novel going into an International break on the back of a win.

I'll probably be proved totally wrong but when was the last time we did and how often has it happen in recent times?

Doesn't seem to happen too often in recent times.

Edited by Matt