Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Westley Nathan Morgan - Appreciation Thread

15 hours ago, Spudulike said:

At no point, as a fan, did I ever watch Slabhead and thought he's too good for us. Perhaps it's different from a players perspective. 

His stock rose on the back of his international performances and not from anything special that he did with us. 

Absolutely spot on, i couldn`t put it better myself.  He was decent but at no time did i think he was too good to be playing for us.  In fact i would still rather have Huth from 2015-16 over present day Maguire.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Absolutely spot on, i couldn`t put it better myself.  He was decent but at no time did i think he was too good to be playing for us.  In fact i would still rather have Huth from 2015-16 over present day Maguire.

Ha. Given how our defence performed for that season, who'd give a Castlemaine XXXX care for anyone else if you had the choice? :D 

40 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

As things stand, they should be getting Steve Walsh out of the commentary booth!

I don't think we should rule this out....Big Wes did Soccer Aid yesterday, think they could manage 45 mins each. Probably injured after 20 mins with our current luck though :(

• Sad 1

If Maguire was too good for us, why did we concede less goals the season after he left when all we did was put the supposed defensive liability of Caglar Soyuncu in instead of him and the other defence remained the same. 

Maguire was and is a good player but he's hardly some sort of footballing pioneer and nor was he at a club that had no business trying to challenge the top 6. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I’ve just been thinking and we’ve definitely missed big Wes this season. Although we’ve had mentality issues in the last few seasons, this season feels we have an extremely weak mentality and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Wes isn’t around in some capacity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve just been thinking and we’ve definitely missed big Wes this season. Although we’ve had mentality issues in the last few seasons, this season feels we have an extremely weak mentality and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Wes isn’t around in some capacity. 

Should definitely get him back as the club Barkeep.   THERE'S ONLY ONE CAPTAIN MORGAN!

• 3 months later...