Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Westley Nathan Morgan - Appreciation Thread

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Right, have trawled YouTube and twitter for a link, and I can’t find good enough one. I saw this on a reddit highlights link, but I’m pretty sure I’ll get myself a ban for sharing it.

Anyway, go and find it yourself (they’ll probably post it on lcfc.com later on, otherwise it will be on a looooong highlights reel).

When Wilf scores, he and the rest of the outfield players ran to the corner to celebrate with the fans. Wes, Justin, Marc, Barnes etc were all warming up down that side, and joined in the celebrations. 

If you can find it, just watch Wes. He celebrates with the rest of the lads as if he’s nodded it in himself. But then straight away he goes over to Fuchs and has a very quick word. 

I mean I grew up with ‘Captain Fantastic’ Steve Walsh, and I’ll love him forever. But Captain Morgan is a ****ing TITAN. A hero. An absolute ****ing legend. 

He never stops being our Captain.

The greatest Fox ever. 

The way the whole team came together for wilf's goal was awesome. Love seeing that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pathetic comments about him in the matchday thread when he came on. He'll not let us down.

Really wound me up. Assume those comments were from young kids or supporters that joined the club in 2016.

Fantastic cameo today, completely negated the threat of McBurnie and won every single 50/50. True captains performance.

• Like 3

In some ways it was right to throw wes on to help defend the crosses they were throwing in and he didn't let us down but I can't help but feel that we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position allowing them to just come onto us and dictate the game in the last 15 mins. Glad we got the win and Rodgers did what he felt he needed to do to win but going ultra defensive against Sheff United should not be what we are about. Teams generally sit back against us when its 0-0 or if we are losing so when we get into winning positions against teams like these and they start to come out a bit and put more men forward, this is when we should start utilising the space they leave and finish teams off. Good win but disappointing performance.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Looks like he's going to get a bit of game time over the Christmas period with Caglar out again and Fofana will be running on empty pretty soon.

I thought Big Wes looked ok against Zoyra, but that was his type of game playing against physical players. 

Who'd of thought we'd be still relying on him going into 2021.