Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Westley Nathan Morgan - Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think now is time to let that go, today of all days. 

For context, I posted my comment after reading someone else say that it was a perfect way to retire. For me, it’s tarnished slightly by him being at the party, as it still so recent and could still impact our champions league qualification. Is that going to be one of the lasting memories I have of Wes Morgan in 5 or 10 years time - no. 

Guest Bert Fill
33 minutes ago, KFS said:

Goat

I think you have to have that in all caps, or it’s just a bit of a strange insult.

2 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I really wish Wes hadn’t been one of the players that went to the party pre West Ham. He came on and did well yesterday, but somehow I don’t feel as sentimental about it as I would if hadn’t been involved in that fiasco. 

Think this is up there with the sponsor comment. Of all days, it's time to let go

Love the fact he's come on for his first 10 minutes since I don't know when and comes away with a medal. Job done. 

It was brave to throw him on but if it's all Morgan has left, it's his communication skills. I wouldn't have liked going into a potential extra time with the line up we finished with but it didn't matter in the end. 

Absolute legend. 

23 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Love the fact he's come on for his first 10 minutes since I don't know when and comes away with a medal. Job done. 

It was brave to throw him on but if it's all Morgan has left, it's his communication skills. I wouldn't have liked going into a potential extra time with the line up we finished with but it didn't matter in the end. 

Absolute legend. 

And leadership 

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Goat

3 hours ago, Bert Fill said:

I think you have to have that in all caps, or it’s just a bit of a strange insult.

😂. Yes. It’s a bit like asking someone if they’d like a KitKat Chunky, without offending them. 

• 3 months later...

Morgan is right.

Maguire's two seasons were spent with us, when we finished 9th.

He's clearly better than a mid-table side.

We've progressed since then, to a top 6 side.

I look at our squad now, and I can select anywhere from 11-20 players, that are 'too good' for Leeds (9th last season).

Maguire has turned out to be a decent signing for Man United.

But considering the defenders we've brought in Soyuncu/Fofana/Castagne/Justin/Thomas since, the money has gone to good use for sure, and we've certainly benefitted from selling him.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Morgan is right.

Maguire's two seasons were spent with us, when we finished 9th.

He's clearly better than a mid-table side.

We've progressed since then, to a top 6 side.

I look at our squad now, and I can select anywhere from 11-20 players, that are 'too good' for Leeds (9th last season).

Maguire has turned out to be a decent signing for Man United.

But considering the defenders we've brought in Soyuncu/Fofana/Castagne/Justin/Thomas since, the money has gone to good use for sure, and we've certainly benefitted from selling him.

Makes more sense, but if he was too good for us at the time so were a fair few others.

1 hour ago, Yes said:

Makes more sense, but if he was too good for us at the time so were a fair few others.

Sure, there were players that were 'too good' for a mid-table side.....Kasper/Evans/Vardy/Mahrez etc.

But you have to remember, looking at players we had feature in our PL squad Maguire's first year.

Gray/Okazaki/Simpson/Fuchs/Iborra/Slimani/Silva/Dragovic/Diabate/King/Hamer/James/Benalouane/Ulloa.

How many of them, based on their ability then and our players ability now, would get in our 25 man squad today?

Fuchs was a terrific servant for us, and would be the closest.

But I wouldn't want to stifle Thomas's/Justin's development time because of it. I'd argue it's almost a dead heat between him and Bertrand, with Fuchs obviously getting the nostalgia vote.