Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Scenes when we sell maguire to Utd for 80 mil both teams on the same points for 5th place end of the season us drawing 1-1 and the 90th min maguire scores a bullet header og runs off to celebrate with the Leicester fans after taking off his shirt showing off a t shirt with rudkin smiling as he has put a buy back clause of 10 mil in if we finish above them this season. Back comes maguire and we are off on a European tour and Utd have to sell everyone they brought the last 2 seasons for 10 mil each because they can’t afford the wages due to lack of Europe ?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Scenes when we sell maguire to Utd for 80 mil both teams on the same points for 5th place end of the season us drawing 1-1 and the 90th min maguire scores a bullet header og runs off to celebrate with the Leicester fans after taking off his shirt showing off a t shirt with rudkin smiling as he has put a buy back clause of 10 mil in if we finish above them this season. Back comes maguire and we are off on a European tour and Utd have to sell everyone they brought the last 2 seasons for 10 mil each because they can’t afford the wages due to lack of Europe ?

You need to watch those chemical concoctions you are mixing in your shed.

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

V early to be as pissed as you clearly are mate .....

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I agree there are some very strange fookers on here it’s frightening ?

Edited by mazarron fox

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

V early to be as pissed as you clearly are mate .....

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So your saying you don’t think it will happen ? ??

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

So your saying you don’t think it will happen ? ??

Not saying anything about HM,  just referring to the dangers of mixing strange chemical substances:ph34r:

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think we could actually get away with keeping him, he has another good season and then goes onto to have a cracking Euros with England .. the prices will still be around the figures quoted now

If this is their opening bid there is no chance he is here when the season starts for me.

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If this is their opening bid there is no chance he is here when the season starts for me.

It does appear that way, however, it wouldn't surprise me if Top didn't play supreme hardball for £90 mil+ or Big H turned Yanited down if there was an accepted bid.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I think you're all in denial of how much we will miss him. If we intend to push for top 6 we cannot sell our best players, don't care how you spin it.

I think you're all massively over rating him bearing in mind he was only our 4th best defender last year (and Wes despite all the grief he sometimes gets wasn't really any worse) let alone one of our best players full stop. For a world record fee you should be getting a defender who is great in nearly all areas, not exceptional at one but bang average at most others. In his two years here we've never looked particularly solid defensively with him and when we have that's mostly been down to Evans. I agree that it's fine if he does stay and also that we should try and rip off Man Utd for as much as possible but we've surely got to sell for a record fee. We can replace him and then some for that amount.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This all depends on how we replace him. With Tielemans coming in, we won't miss Harrys runs from the back as much (because they won't need to be as frequent). Additionally, Harry was much worse than Evans last season defensively, he was on the whole pretty average.

We dont need to though as both Benkovic and Soyunco are players who are good on the ball and can play out from the back. Not saying they will be AS good but it doesnt mean we will lose that aspect of our game. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I think you're all massively over rating him bearing in mind he was only our 4th best defender last year (and Wes despite all the grief he sometimes gets wasn't really any worse) let alone one of our best players full stop. For a world record fee you should be getting a defender who is great in nearly all areas, not exceptional at one but bang average at most others. In his two years here we've never looked particularly solid defensively with him and when we have that's mostly been down to Evans. I agree that it's fine if he does stay and also that we should try and rip off Man Utd for as much as possible but we've surely got to sell for a record fee. We can replace him and then some for that amount.

I think it's ridiculous to rate Magure as 'bang average' defensively.  He is great in the air with the best win ratio of aerial duels in the league and also young for a CB.

His main strength is his ability to drive forward with the ball.  Quite simply there is no other centre half that can do it like he can.  In fact, I can't think of many midfielders that can carry the ball as well as Harry.  Some people seem to just gloss over it for some reason.  I think the centr half position will evolve and in the future the ability to play aswell as defend will be expected, much as the full back position has evolved from just a defensive role.

This is why he is in such demand.  England's no.1 CB and the best on the ball by a country mile.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

If we can get huge money for him, great. If he stays, great.

This is one deal that I think we can see positives on both sides.

There is a third scenario in which Harry wants the move and doesn't get it.

I'm sure Harry won't throw a Mahrez style tantrum and continue to give of his best but these things can knock a player off his game, even if it's at a subconscious level.  We could be left with a sub par Maguire.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think it's ridiculous to rate Magure as 'bang average' defensively.  He is great in the air with the best win ratio of aerial duels in the league and also young for a CB.

His main strength is his ability to drive forward with the ball.  Quite simply there is no other centre half that can do it like he can.  In fact, I can't think of many midfielders that can carry the ball as well as Harry.  Some people seem to just gloss over it for some reason.  I think the centr half position will evolve and in the future the ability to play aswell as defend will be expected, much as the full back position has evolved from just a defensive role.

This is why he is in such demand.  England's no.1 CB and the best on the ball by a country mile.

And his game and value will go up ...  he is still a work in progress. 

29 minutes ago, murphy said:

He's bang average at Premier League level. Dunk, Lascelles etc are all as good if not better than him in all areas bar bringing the ball out. Its something that may well be considered important for certain clubs that have little defending to do or would be partnering him with a real top class partner (he'd be a great purchase for Man City or Liverpool) but for most including ourselves it's really little more than a bonus and I'd much rather have a defender who's good positionally and at organisation (and Maguire is well lacking in both these areas) than one who barnstorms up the pitch usually to little effect. 

1 minute ago, Gubbins said:

He's bang average at Premier League level. Dunk, Lascelles etc are all as good if not better than him in all areas bar bringing the ball out. Its something that may well be considered important for certain clubs that have little defending to do or would be partnering him with a real top class partner (he'd be a great purchase for Man City or Liverpool) but for most including ourselves it's really little more than a bonus and I'd much rather have a defender who's good positionally and at organisation (and Maguire is well lacking in both these areas) than one who barnstorms up the pitch usually to little effect. 

We'll agree to differ then about whether he is a good defender, but it's disappointing to hear him rated so badly by our own fans.  'Bang average' I ask you?  I have to ask why Dunk and Lascelles aren't attracting huge bids by the top teams if they're that much better or why one cap Dunk is behind Harry in the England set up?

Even more disappointing is the fact that Harry's 'barnstorming' is so unappreciated here and not just by you but by a lot of people on this forum.  He drives the ball up the pitch and gains territory.  Invariably he will lay it off to Chilwell  having taken it out of defence and into the attacking third.  If you think that turning defence into attack is 'to little effect' we'll have to disagree again.  We don't (yet) have the midfield to play it up the pitch.  I would argue he is better for a team like ours rather than Liverpool or Man City, they will always have territory and possession anyway, but we need Harry to help give us those things.  Turning defence into attack is more useful to us than to teams that are always on the attack anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

As a centre half, his main strength should be defending.

Anything else is a bonus.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

There is a third scenario in which Harry wants the move and doesn't get it.

I'm sure Harry won't throw a Mahrez style tantrum and continue to give of his best but these things can knock a player off his game, even if it's at a subconscious level.  We could be left with a sub par Maguire.

I don't know if it's been posted but the Grauniad are reporting he has told the board he wants to leave but Man City is his prefered destination.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

We'll agree to differ then about whether he is a good defender, but it's disappointing to hear him rated so badly by our own fans.  'Bang average' I ask you?  I have to ask why Dunk and Lascelles aren't attracting huge bids by the top teams if they're that much better or why one cap Dunk is behind Harry in the England set up?

Even more disappointing is the fact that Harry's 'barnstorming' is so unappreciated here and not just by you but by a lot of people on this forum.  He drives the ball up the pitch and gains territory.  Invariably he will lay it off to Chilwell  having taken it out of defence and into the attacking third.  If you think that turning defence into attack is 'to little effect' we'll have to disagree again.  We don't (yet) have the midfield to play it up the pitch.  I would argue he is better for a team like ours rather than Liverpool or Man City, they will always have territory and possession anyway, but we need Harry to help give us those things.  Turning defence into attack is more useful to us than to teams that are always on the attack anyway.

I don't think Dunk and Lascelles are any better overall really but Maguire is in no way that much better than them that he should be worth 40 to 50m more. He is much closer to them in ability terms than he is somebody like van dijk who you have to compare him to given the prices mentioned. 

I don't think he's a bad defender by any means but I think we'd be mad not to sell him for the prices mentioned. We've rarely looked defensively solid whilst he's been at the club, that Evans is blatantly far better and the fact that we looked better at times last season without him tells me that unlike Mahrez he's not someone who's going to be too difficult to replace. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I think the point is every player has a sellable value.

After the World Cup Harry hasn’t looked as good as he did in his first season.

He was often left exposed, and on the Amazon Man City Documentary named as a weak link due to his lack of pace.

If he can be sold as the most Expensive defender in the world then who could really complain?

We often looked tighter at the back in his absence which speaks volumes.

If you think a defender only defends then you not adapted to the modern game, the best defenders support the play in front of them.

Now for me I accept selling a player can be for the good for the team as the money can fund new acquisitions, I also accept we probably have to sell a big name to get tielemans.

My issue is that some people are acting as if the money goes in their own pocket, making assumptions any new players wont be duds and all aspects of his play will be provided by a replacement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Good to see the level-headed Utd fans warming to the prospect of Harry.  (courtesy of HYS)

I wouldn’t pay 70p for him. Leicester are a small club, probably the smallest ever to play in the top tier. Most of their players are essentially non-league standard, possibly even Sunday park football. It’s only a matter of time before they return to their true level, and their few dozen fans find something better to do.

Be great to get back into the Champions League next season alright. It's been too long. #Europeantour

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

As a centre half, his main strength should be defending.

Anything else is a bonus.

I don't know if it's been posted but the Grauniad are reporting he has told the board he wants to leave but Man City is his prefered destination.

It's more than a bonus, that's why the top clubs want him.  That's what makes him special.

You might have said the same thing about full backs 20 years ago.    Now it's taken for granted that they can attack and create without being out and out wing backs.  I mean What are Ricardo and Chilwell's main strengths, is it defending?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Good to see the level-headed Utd fans warming to the prospect of Harry.  (courtesy of HYS)

I wouldn’t pay 70p for him. Leicester are a small club, probably the smallest ever to play in the top tier. Most of their players are essentially non-league standard, possibly even Sunday park football. It’s only a matter of time before they return to their true level, and their few dozen fans find something better to do.

Wait till his mummy finds out he's been playing with the internet again. :nono: