Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

I really think that we don't want to sell and will only do so for a ridiculous offer... but what constitutes that?

£85, £90, £100 million?

If we hold on to him for another year will he go for £120 million?

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I really think that we don't want to sell and will only do so for a ridiculous offer... but what constitutes that?

£85, £90, £100 million?

Or have a poor season and be worth 45m

or the top clubs will have new targets 

£85, £90, £100 million?

I don't see how. Not a season like his last one anyway. I reckon £80m is the ceiling of his value 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I don't see how. Not a season like his last one anyway. I reckon £80m is the ceiling of his value 

His stats don't suggest his season was that poor - Manchester clubs are not in a bidding war because they don't know football players - with such a length left on his contract I really don't see why he won't be worth £100 million plus next year... especially if LCFC have a blinding season which I feel we might if we pick up the right few players and hold on to our best assets.

His stats don't suggest his season was that poor - Manchester clubs are not in a bidding war because they don't know football players - with such a length left on his contract I really don't see why he won't be worth £100 million plus next year... especially if LCFC have a blinding season which I feel we might if we pick up the right few players and hold on to our best assets.

And this time next summer England will Be about to win the euros with big H at CB !

They weren't £80m good either. He could stay and have a blinder but it's certainly far from a guarantee. I still think this is his peak value. The fee is more dictated by United's desperation than Harry's ability imo

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It wouldn’t be 90m

If fee is 90m, we would have to pay 16m to hull and probably a loyalty bonus of 5m to maguire 

so thats 70m to re invest 

there would be other costs ..... it’s never as good when you try and spend it as when you receive it cos it begins to shrink ...

Struggling to get 16 million from 90 million, of which I think 73 would be profit.

I thought the sell-on was 15%. Whatever it is, as I keep saying (and still waiting for someone to tell me otherwise) whatever it is it's surely on the profit?

The manc journos seem to think that Harry (well his agent) has told the club he expects a deal to be done (rather than saying he is quite happy to stay)

thats a a good way of not losing his loyalty bonus but still getting his move !

this is info that will have come from yanited or maguire ‘agent’

Ideally I would like to see us try and keep a decent side together and build something over the next season but like others have been saying this Summer, if we are to cash in on a player then I'd rather it be Maguire.

The minimum I would consider is £75m but I would be happy with £80m - if United have made a bid of £70m then I don't think it'd be impossible to get them to up their bid, especially seeing how desperate and bad at doing business they have become. 

The biggest downside to this deal which no one has mentioned yet is that we would in fact be selling to and strengthening a league rival. Anyone who thinks that United will be in and around the top 2 competing for the title next season is seriously deluded - they will be lucky to scrape fourth and if things go badly, the top 6 might even be beyond reach. As such, I actually see them as a direct rivals for 6th-8th next season and so wouldn't really want to strengthen them for that reason. Another point is that I don't really see why Maguire would fancy the move himself (apart from the wage increase), United look like a spent force and the management of the club borderlines on the farcical. I know that they are a big footballing brand and have a huge fanbase/stadium etc. but Maguire seems like a sensible lad and I'd think he'd only want to go if it was the right opportunity - the reality is that United are not going to win any major competitions within the next couple of years and he might do well to stay another season here before moving onto a club that will actually compete at the top level for a lower price. I don't think Man City will be tempted to enter the bidding above £70m because they know he isn't worth that and they seem to buy players for around £50m-60m. 

Will truly miss him if he does go but he can be replaced and cash would help us bring in fresh faces in other positions. 

Edited by oadby.fox

5 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Struggling to get 16 million from 90 million, of which I think 73 would be profit.

I thought the sell-on was 15%. Whatever it is, as I keep saying (and still waiting for someone to tell me otherwise) whatever it is it's surely on the profit?

I thought the fee was 12m

i suspect the profit on selling him would have been set above that initial 12m rather than what we had paid at the time of sale 

but you’re still right - 15% of 78 is just short of 12m  which takes the nett profit to 73m if a loyalty of 5m assumed 

Edited by st albans fox

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nobody will pay £100m for him, you'll get to the point where teams just start taking risks on lesser know players. Man U, IMO are the only ones who are going to make the sort of bids people want on here because they are in full on panic mode. I think Man City are a bit too wise. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Nobody will pay £100m for him, you'll get to the point where teams just start taking risks on lesser know players. Man U, IMO are the only ones who are going to make the sort of bids people want on here because they are in full on panic mode. I think Man City are a bit too wise. 

Agree that Man Utd are desperate, but @Abrasive fox mentioned there is a third club involved, but what sort of finances back up the third team, I have no idea who that could be and what sort of fees this third club could produce.

Just now, Babylon said:

We see the money and player prices rise seemingly by £20 odd million each year for top end proven talent... two years ago you might have told me I was crazy if I'd have said that Harry Maguire would be going for a fee of £80 million quid!

We see the money and player prices rise seemingly by £20 odd million each year for top end proven talent... two years ago you might have told me I was crazy if I'd have said that Harry Maguire would be going for a fee of £80 million quid!

I thi k it's crazy now lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Looks like we're going to get a shit load of money for him.

It will be at least 90.

The manchester clubs not the only ones involved.

Wow...

Wonder who else is bidding? Real? Juventus? Barca? PSG?