Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

I can see you’ve signed up to red cafe. Please wind them up a little more, some are ready to jump. 

I have, to my shame.

I may need to sign off from work on the sick, get some popcorn and keep hitting F5 - its gold.

• Haha 1

https://www.90min.com/posts/6402945-harry-maguire-the-latest-on-leicester-s-rejection-of-man-utd-bid-man-city-s-interest?utm_source=RSS

Interesting. Obviously lots going on behind the scenes for a while now, as the bids sound like quite old news

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

I would rather we take our chances on Soyuncu and/or Benkovic than spend £30 million on Dunk or Lascelles.

Big Wes as 4th choice, Amartey as cover for emergencies. I’m really not sure we need another centre back, we’ve got far more pressing areas to cover.

Completely agree. I'd not bother unless you could get an Ake or someone for a decent fee.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree that if Maguire goes we should give Benkovic and Soyuncu a chance otherwise what was the point in signing them? We 100% bought them to safeguard Maguire going on deadline day last year. We wanted Soyuncu anyway but when we became aware, somewhat surprisingly that Benkovic was available for only £13m we saw it too good an opportunity to miss. 

I don't see what's changed a year on. He had a good season at Celtic, his injury problems were no worse than the previous season where we didn't deem it cause to not sign him and likewise Soyuncu hasn't done much wrong when we bothered giving him a chance. His supposed errors were no more concerning that mistakes Maguire still makes for us. Evans is Evans and one of the shrewdest buys we've made since Huth. 

If we sell Maguire I'd go all in on 2 new wingers and watch our balls grow.

I agree. 

I've seen Soyuncu make the same errors that we see regularly from Maguire. 

I think we need more goals and that will require 1 winger minimum that is better than all we have currently. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think it is worth considering that if we are appealing to the likes of Tielemans and other younger player to come to us, that they see we are not a club who would block a future move to a truly big club for the right money.  Being seen as hard to move on from won't help us here, so if Harry is set on a move I think he should probably be allowed to go.  Ideally Man City come in too.

Very good point! It's that fine line between not just selling off our players and therefore hindering progression/ambition but also deterring the hottest prospects joining in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That third club... I wonder if it's Liverpool you know.

Or even Atletico Madrid.

I suggested Atletico Madrid. Godin's gone and they'll have the Griezmann money burning a hole in their pockets. Although apparently they wanna blow it all on Joa Felix

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I will piss myself if utd are the only club that meet our valuation then Maguire says no thanks I'll stop here for now lollollollol

They wouldn’t be making an offer if they hadn’t been told by his people that he would come to them ...... 

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That third club... I wonder if it's Liverpool you know.

Or even Atletico Madrid.

Yeah I reckon it's Liverpool. They were in for De Ligt (who wasn't?), but he's chosen Juventus. They don't need Maguire but the De Ligt bid suggests they still feel they want more options in the CB position. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They wouldn’t be making an offer if they hadn’t been told by his people that he would come to them ...... 

They haven't heard his personal terms yet...

Cue image with him talking to his girlfriend post England match at the stadium saying... "And Man Utd have just offered £100 million for me but I won't sign unless they give me £400K a week...

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I suggested Atletico Madrid. Godin's gone and they'll have the Griezmann money burning a hole in their pockets. Although apparently they wanna blow it all on Joa Felix

Got the 72m from Hernandez from bayern and the difference between selling rodri and buying llorente which they will pocket an extra 30 odd. 

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah I reckon it's Liverpool. They were in for De Ligt (who wasn't?), but he's chosen Juventus. They don't need Maguire but the De Ligt bid suggests they still feel they want more options in the CB position. 

I don't thibk it'll be Liverpool, they'll be pushing Gomez to be first choice alongside VVD. Barca or PSG I reckon. 

As conflicted as I'll feel watching Harry strut out of the door, I feel better knowing that there are multiple clubs in the running who are no doubt offering massive sums of money. This undoubtedly means that we'll be bringing in some top talent at another position of greater need.