Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

It'd be great if he stayed, but if he goes and we end up with enough cash to buy someone like Dunk/Tarkowski/Lascelles and then finance most of the Tielemans deal, then that's got to be one of the greatest pieces of transfer business the club's ever done.

I'd rather we didn't sell him and kept our best players but equally, there's clearly a golden opportunity to absolutely rinse Man Utd who are absolutely desperate for a decent centre half. If their opening bid is £70m then I reckon we squeeze at least another £15m-£20m out of them.

20 minutes ago, Goober said:

I wouldn’t call using half the cash to buy a sub-standard replacement great business myself. We spent a lot on 2 very highly rated young centre halves last summer for this exact reason, spending 35-40m on Tarkowski would be all-round weird business from us imo 

But it would tell you a lot about what the club now think of those two highly rated young CH’s having seen them at close quarters 

Edited by st albans fox

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really want it to be Liverpool and they pay more than they did for VVD, twitter will explode.

And they'll still moan about Man City and their financial doping. Net spend being the important thing and all that.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Haha 1

We have two fantastic young cb's waiting in the wings, both of which our new manager has already worked with. Would love Maguire to stay but this is seriously good business for our club. Think we should let him go at that price and not miss out by trying to get a few more mil on top for a player we only signed for 17 mil in the first place.

Get it done.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gerard said:

BR is in an ideal position of seeing both Benkovic and Soyuncu close up for a number of months. He'll be better placed than anyone to know if we need to buy or not if we sell Maguire.

One of the reasons I'd be happy to sell Maguire for £80m+ is that if we have two outstanding young CB's in the wings then it totally makes sense to sell and open a space up. If we ended up spending £40m on Dunk, Tarkowski or Laselles then it's a big downer for a number of reasons which include the lack of confidence that either Soyuncu or Benkovic is not up to the job. 

In coming ban on the way for writing a sensible and logical post.  Well done,  but please do not make a habit of this.

Just now, CloudFox said:

From a united 'friend'. Haven't heard from in months and then...:rolleyes:

Screenshot_20190702-155613.png

Sounds familiar, fair play to them all for being on script. Had a very similar exchange with one today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree that if Maguire goes we should give Benkovic and Soyuncu a chance otherwise what was the point in signing them? We 100% bought them to safeguard Maguire going on deadline day last year. We wanted Soyuncu anyway but when we became aware, somewhat surprisingly that Benkovic was available for only £13m we saw it too good an opportunity to miss. 

I don't see what's changed a year on. He had a good season at Celtic, his injury problems were no worse than the previous season where we didn't deem it cause to not sign him and likewise Soyuncu hasn't done much wrong when we bothered giving him a chance. His supposed errors were no more concerning that mistakes Maguire still makes for us. Evans is Evans and one of the shrewdest buys we've made since Huth. 

If we sell Maguire I'd go all in on 2 new wingers and watch our balls grow.

I agree, especially concerning Soyuncu.

I would go all in on one winger and one young-but-promising striker though, then loan Kelechi out to anyone who is prepared to take him. 

• Like 1

We are in such a good position here, especially if Man City's interest is also accurate. Man U will be spending big all Summer and just like they did with Sanchez, they won't want to be outdone by their local rivals. I can see them offering as much as £80 Million and although I would love him to stay, that is a serious amount of money for a player we bought for just £17m and an area that I think we could cope with such a loss. Will certainly miss his ability on the ball and in the air, but I do believe we can still push for a top 6 place with the likes of Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu and a CB signing around the £20-30m mark. Excited either way tbh, we either keep a top CB or we get a huge sum for him! Just hope it doesn't drag until late in the window, as we would need to get someone else in, depending how highly Rodgers rates Benko and Soyuncu with Big Wes back-up! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We are in such a good position here, especially if Man City's interest is also accurate. Man U will be spending big all Summer and just like they did with Sanchez, they won't want to be outdone by their local rivals. I can see them offering as much as £80 Million and although I would love him to stay, that is a serious amount of money for a player we bought for just £17m and an area that I think we could cope with such a loss. Will certainly miss his ability on the ball and in the air, but I do believe we can still push for a top 6 place with the likes of Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu and a CB signing around the £20-30m mark. Excited either way tbh, we either keep a top CB or we get a huge sum for him! Just hope it doesn't drag until late in the window, as we would need to get someone else in, depending how highly Rodgers rates Benko and Soyuncu with Big Wes back-up! 

I do wonder (think) that this will come to a head this week. Ole wants his transfers in for pre-season, so hopefully IF it has to happen, it happens this week.