Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, AjcW said:

The reason Kompany is going is because of his legs slowing... He's obviously not going to sign Harry to fix that! 

They have high hopes for Eric Garcia who played well against us in the League Cup, and already have Laporte, Stones and Otamendi. They might get another, but if they are spending £60-80m it'll be on De Ligt.

I don’t think they will agree to pay Riola’s fee

would be surprised for Harry to go somewhere he is not going to be one of the top two centre halves ..... he can see what’s happened to stones there .....

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kompany and Otamendi aren't the quickest either and never were. If Maguire's pace was a serious issue he would be found out by now, not be a top half PL defender and an England international.

That’s not the point (I’m not slating Maguire’s abilities btw) why would Pep go and buy someone who he has targeted for his weaknesses in the past? They have all the money in the world I’m sure they can find someone who pep wants more or god forbid why don’t they promote some youth

Him going to Man City over United would be better for him and England National but probably not the best for the League.

We'd want huuuge money though £80m - in the right system he's a gem and helps massively defending set pieces which now it's one of our strong points. Even if Pep knows his faults he would know Harry's strengths just as well, I wouldn't rule it out because of that.

Either way cough up or we'll eventually raise his contract for another year. He's a unique talent we just haven't really utilised him fully, I'm not overly convinced by Caglar or Benko yet either.

49 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Pep literally said in that documentary they targeted him because he was to slow, now you think he wants to sign him?

But he's alright on the ball and dribbles well with it, which would suit Man City's style well.

Guest SO1

Foden on loan and cash from M City? Am I back at Celtic now.

Edited by SO1

Would Man City pay what we want though? All their signings are in the 40-60million range (Mahrez is their transfer record) and they didn't want to pay any more. Obviously the market has moved on but they baulked at wage requests etc in the past. They spend a lot of money obviously but haven't yet spent as much on a sinlge player as either Liverpool or Man Utd. Not sure they would pay the 75-80 million we would be after.

58 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Him going to Man City over United would be better for him and England National but probably not the best for the League.

We'd want huuuge money though £80m - in the right system he's a gem and helps massively defending set pieces which now it's one of our strong points. Even if Pep knows his faults he would know Harry's strengths just as well, I wouldn't rule it out because of that.

Either way cough up or we'll eventually raise his contract for another year. He's a unique talent we just haven't really utilised him fully, I'm not overly convinced by Caglar or Benko yet either.

The market is crazy, but we're not selling him for more than what van Dijk was sold for

20 minutes ago, reynard said:

Would Man City pay what we want though? All their signings are in the 40-60million range (Mahrez is their transfer record) and they didn't want to pay any more. Obviously the market has moved on but they baulked at wage requests etc in the past. They spend a lot of money obviously but haven't yet spent as much on a sinlge player as either Liverpool or Man Utd. Not sure they would pay the 75-80 million we would be after.

The club would happily sell at 60 million pounds I'd imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The club would happily sell at 60 million pounds I'd imagine. 

Don5 believe so

we've already been told that the club have no intention of selling without an obscene offer being placed ....... that could simply be posturing but it’s been said by the ITK’s on here rather than a ‘public declaration’ via off the record journo briefing ........

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Pep literally said in that documentary they targeted him because he was to slow, now you think he wants to sign him?

Stops their rivals from strengthening.

Just like Mahrez, Maguire would improve Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

20 pages in. Any actual evidence of any substantial interest? asking for a friend

Nothing but paper talk. Nothing concrete. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Like he did with Riyad ...,,,,,

Man City don't have many options at centre half. Laporte, Stones and Otamendi who may also be off. Its evident De Ligt or whoever they sign will be first choice otherwise they are weaker as a result.