Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

45 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would think we have 1st 2nd and 3rd choice in each position. Plus one or two players we consider would be to expensive. But for whatever reason they seem to be in our price bracket. 

Our only problem is Marcia will know our targets. 

French Teams other than PSG do not generally have the financial clout of EPL Teams.  Macia may have the names but not the cash.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

French Teams other than PSG do not generally have the financial clout of EPL Teams.  Macia may have the names but not the cash.

I thought the club he had gone to had just got some very rich new owners. 

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Daily mirror article entitled ‘Rodgers urges maguire to stay’ ...... thats good I thought.  Brendan wouldn’t want to be knocked back publicly.  Then I read the article and nowhere can I see quotes that reflect the title .....it’s just about Harry still having areas where he can improve and that Brendan can help him with that.  He is quoted saying Maguire has ‘incredible pace’. ........ that’s an odd thing to say about Harry! 

Reading the Daily Record they claim Benkovic is staying at Celtic!?!    Whereas BR is quoted as saying In the Mockery he will be given a chance here in pre-season.  So what to believe?

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I thought the club he had gone to had just got some very rich new owners. 

You may be right.  You would hope we can compete though.

IF he is to go, then get a bidding war started! 

One thing I noticed though was the other day Ole mentioned that united’s transfer policy needs to change. That instead of throwing all these millions around he’s going to sign young lads & develop them the same way Fergie use to. Surely that wouldn’t mean he’s then going to throw £65m+ at Maguire?

On a separate note if he does go am I the only one in thinking we should look at Tomori from Chelsea? 

• Like 1

I really hope he stays but if he does go then it's not the end of the world. I think Soyuncu has the potential to be just as good (it'll take time though) and imho Jonny Evans is our best defender. He's brilliant.

• Like 1

I really hope he stays but if he does go then it's not the end of the world. I think Soyuncu has the potential to be just as good (it'll take time though) and imho Jonny Evans is our best defender. He's brilliant.

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

IF he is to go, then get a bidding war started! 

One thing I noticed though was the other day Ole mentioned that united’s transfer policy needs to change. That instead of throwing all these millions around he’s going to sign young lads & develop them the same way Fergie use to. Surely that wouldn’t mean he’s then going to throw £65m+ at Maguire?

On a separate note if he does go am I the only one in thinking we should look at Tomori from Chelsea? 

Chelsea can't sign anyone that makes it unlikely they will let players leave.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Reading the Daily Record they claim Benkovic is staying at Celtic!?!    Whereas BR is quoted as saying In the Mockery he will be given a chance here in pre-season.  So what to believe?

Papers making more out of what he said than what he actually said. What he actually said was something along the lines of, "we'll assess him but IF he he goes back out on loan, I'd like it to be to Celtic"

15 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Imo Soyuncu is a bombscare of a defender. I'd rather we gave Benkovic a chance. Rodgers speaks very highly of him.

I’m sure once upon a time this was said about Maguire too... think Soyuncu could mature into what Maguire is now, but he is where Maguire was when he started his time with us. 

14 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Papers making more out of what he said than what he actually said. What he actually said was something along the lines of, "we'll assess him but IF he he goes back out on loan, I'd like it to be to Celtic"

He's barely played there since he came back from injury after Rodgers departed. I hope if we loan him out then it's to a PL side such as Sheff Utd or Norwich.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's barely played there since he came back from injury after Rodgers departed. I hope if we loan him out then it's to a PL side such as Sheff Utd or Norwich.

That's down to Lennon not playing him (probably prefers playing permanent players to loan players) but I highly doubt he'll be there next season so who knows. 

Probably right about getting him playing at PL level though but I'd like it to be with us. Injury problems aside, I like him better than I do Soyuncu. 

• Like 1

Daily Record - Nov 2018

Brendan Rodgers has claimed that Dedryck Boyata and Filip Benkovic are good enough to play in the Premier League.

The pair have impressed at the position so far this season, despite the precarious positions the two seem to hold at the club.

Boyata was on the verge of leaving Celtic Park in the summer, with the team ultimately refusing to grant his wishes and allow him to leave.

Benkovic was brought in on loan from Leicester City, and many had speculated that Foxes manager Claude Puel would recall the Croat in January – something which Puel himself has now ruled out.

So maybe if a big enough offer comes in for Harry he will indeed be allowed to go?   Maybe Congerton scouted Benko when he was playing in Croatia, so they both know already he can make the step up (or is it 'down' from Celtic)? 

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Daily Record - Nov 2018

Brendan Rodgers has claimed that Dedryck Boyata and Filip Benkovic are good enough to play in the Premier League.

The pair have impressed at the position so far this season, despite the precarious positions the two seem to hold at the club.

Boyata was on the verge of leaving Celtic Park in the summer, with the team ultimately refusing to grant his wishes and allow him to leave.

Benkovic was brought in on loan from Leicester City, and many had speculated that Foxes manager Claude Puel would recall the Croat in January – something which Puel himself has now ruled out.

So maybe if a big enough offer comes in for Harry he will indeed be allowed to go?   Maybe Congerton scouted Benko when he was playing in Croatia, so they both know already he can make the step up (or is it 'down' from Celtic)? 

Personally wouldnt put all my faith in Benkovic right now as hes been injured more than not recently. Not a good sign :( 

2 hours ago, car1os said:

I’m sure once upon a time this was said about Maguire too... think Soyuncu could mature into what Maguire is now, but he is where Maguire was when he started his time with us. 

Bring back the original Bombscare Bamba 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Personally wouldnt put all my faith in Benkovic right now as hes been injured more than not recently. Not a good sign :( 

Well he will not be playing on plastic pitches in the EPL, which contributed to the first injury from which he never really recovered. Hopefully a once he is back down here training on better surfaces, he will remain injury free.

Guest Cujek
19 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Chelsea can't sign anyone that makes it unlikely they will let players leave.

They have 45 players out on loan, i think they could let one or two leave.

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Injured playing on a lot of plastic pitches, which has aggravated his achilles

We don't have those in the prem.

Weve looked more solid defensively without him this season, i personally wouldnt feel too bothered if he wants to leave and we get good money for him, never thought i would say this but im more concerned about losing chilwell, wasnt a big fan but hes realy grown on me this season