Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

41 minutes ago, Micky said:

They are looking at £80 million and old Trafford as the likely deal. ;)

I've resigned myself to loosing either of Maguire or Chilwell and I'd be alot happier if it were Maguire especially at 80m, knowing Benkovic is returning, Soyuncu in waiting and the return to the team of Choudry the defensive maestro ? oh and if we loose out to Tielemans so be it I'm sure Congerton will do the business ??

1 minute ago, StevieB said:

I've resigned myself to loosing either of Maguire or Chilwell and I'd be alot happier if it were Maguire especially at 80m, knowing Benkovic is returning, Soyuncu in waiting and the return to the team of Choudry the defensive maestro ? oh and if we loose out to Tielemans so be it I'm sure Congerton will do the business ??

Yeah I’m not bothered if Maguire goes to be honest. LB is a notoriously hard possition to recruit for, and there’s not many quality full backs about that would come to us anyway so it’s imperative we keep Chilwell. 

Anything over £55 million for Maguire we sell for me. 

The reasoning and answer to my questioning is money is ultimately money, but I just question why he'd go to the options suggested and/or if they are real options.

Arsenal - History suggests Arsenal won't pay the money we want.

Spurs - See Arsenal, even more so with that new stadium to pay for.

Chelsea - Transfer ban, why are the even being talked about?!

Man Utd - Why? They're in trouble, our aim next season should be trying to close the gap on them, who knows even challenge/overtake them, I suppose the way of looking at it from Maguire's point of view is that perhaps it's a good time to go there - transition, become part of the rebuild, a new era/team for the future, he'll arguably play every game (Which fair play, he can actually say that which is more than seemed to go through Drinkwater/Mahrez's thought process when they left), but it's a gamble in my eyes.

I tried to reason, talk myself out of believing Mahrez would go last summer and was wrong, i'll probably be wrong this time too but the options are not viable or risky/poor imo, of course i'm gonna show some bias though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Listening to radio 5live friday night and hearing the pundits discussing Leicester City and how we have the best squad for other teams to cherry pick from us. one minute their saying how great  our title win was and then the next their suggesting the so called bigger teams should come in and grab all our best players. sick of hearing how we should lose all our best players all the time, it was the same with Mahrez and Kante.

It drives me mad. It's almost deliberately impossible to compete with the "big" clubs. I feel like there should be a rule that you can't play for another team in the same league within 24 months or something. Just to allow smaller clubs the opportunity to build before getting ripped apart year after year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

If they cover some of the wages.... cash plus Sanchez deal would be fun

Imagine Jamie Vardy and Alexi Sanches strike partnership ??????

So how much of his £500k a week is going to need covering? 

Plus it would feck up our wage structure and piss off other players. Really bad idea imo. 

• Like 1

I love Harry, but to be honest I don’t think it’ll be the end of the world if we could get 70+ million for him. He’s a great player but he’s really not worth that much, and if that money is spent wisely then we can make the squad much better overall. A brilliant defender, but he’s not exactly irreplaceable like Riyad was.

51 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We would have even less English players playing in the premier league then, and would probably hinder teams looking to grow as much as it would benefit 

I doubt it, Maddison for example, isn't going to leave Leicester and the PL for europe unless it was PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich and those sorts. And they won't be rushing for his signature any time soon. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

The reasoning and answer to my questioning is money is ultimately money, but I just question why he'd go to the options suggested and/or if they are real options.

Arsenal - History suggests Arsenal won't pay the money we want.

Spurs - See Arsenal, even more so with that new stadium to pay for.

Chelsea - Transfer ban, why are the even being talked about?!

Man Utd - Why? They're in trouble, our aim next season should be trying to close the gap on them, who knows even challenge/overtake them, I suppose the way of looking at it from Maguire's point of view is that perhaps it's a good time to go there - transition, become part of the rebuild, a new era/team for the future, he'll arguably play every game (Which fair play, he can actually say that which is more than seemed to go through Drinkwater/Mahrez's thought process when they left), but it's a gamble in my eyes.

I tried to reason, talk myself out of believing Mahrez would go last summer and was wrong, i'll probably be wrong this time too but the options are not viable or risky/poor imo, of course i'm gonna show some bias though.

We should aim to be ahead of Man U next season, but if they carry on as they are it could be us Watford, Everton, Crystal Palace... and so on.

We can close the gap on Chelsea too.

Liverpool and Man City aside, no teams have impressed this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Listening to radio 5live friday night and hearing the pundits discussing Leicester City and how we have the best squad for other teams to cherry pick from us. one minute their saying how great  our title win was and then the next their suggesting the so called bigger teams should come in and grab all our best players. sick of hearing how we should lose all our best players all the time, it was the same with Mahrez and Kante.

Because according to some pundits there are only 6 proper teams in the league 

Less keen on selling Harry now that we have a new recruitment team in place with no track record here as of yet. I’d rather see how they do with an average budget first before giving them the really big bucks to spend.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Less keen on selling Harry now that we have a new recruitment team in place with no track record here as of yet. I’d rather see how they do with an average budget first before giving them the really big bucks to spend.

I would think most of our summer targets have already been chosen. 

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

I would think most of our summer targets have already been chosen. 

I agree and hope that the targets have been identified. If not surely we are going to be going for players we haven’t watched seeing as it’s season over in the next week.

49 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I agree and hope that the targets have been identified. If not surely we are going to be going for players we haven’t watched seeing as it’s season over in the next week.

I would think we have 1st 2nd and 3rd choice in each position. Plus one or two players we consider would be to expensive. But for whatever reason they seem to be in our price bracket. 

Our only problem is Marcia will know our targets. 

Daily mirror article entitled ‘Rodgers urges maguire to stay’ ...... thats good I thought.  Brendan wouldn’t want to be knocked back publicly.  Then I read the article and nowhere can I see quotes that reflect the title .....it’s just about Harry still having areas where he can improve and that Brendan can help him with that.  He is quoted saying Maguire has ‘incredible pace’. ........ that’s an odd thing to say about Harry! 

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would think we have 1st 2nd and 3rd choice in each position. Plus one or two players we consider would be to expensive. But for whatever reason they seem to be in our price bracket. 

Our only problem is Marcia will know our targets. 

Where’s he gone again? Will wherever he’s gone have the same finances etc?

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The best teams don’t sell their best players ....... unless it’s to real or Barca ....

So they do then. :blink: