Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

One we could afford to lose if we lose any, plenty of centre half’s with the Turk, Evans, the lad coming back from Celtic and Morgan in reserve.

The money they are talking about, heard 80/90 mill, will go a long way to improving other positions.

As mike says more worried about losing Ricardo or chilwell, much harder to replace 

The majority of us here would like him to stay but realistically we are bound to lose at least 1 player in the summer as we have done since Kante. We have finished no higher than 9th since 2016 and we ain't Man City or Real Madrid.

Harry going elsewhere would not harm us in the way that a Chilwell or Maddison would. Benkovic has injury concerns but so too did Robert Huth before he conquered all at Leicester. I'd be confident he would be ready to rock next season.

for me now the season is over, if we was to get a bid around £70mil then we have to consider it, we have a few talent CB's at the club with Soyuncu and Benkovic, not to mention Knight and Johnson,

while it would be a bit of a blow to lose him, we have younger and as able players(potential as good imo) that can step up.

70m plus is a good deal for us, with Evans and Morgan experience plus our two young CBs we should be okay in that department, other areas of the pitch need more attention namely upfront and right winger.

On 14/05/2019 at 08:08, Happy Fox said:

70m plus is a good deal for us, with Evans and Morgan experience plus our two young CBs we should be okay in that department, other areas of the pitch need more attention namely upfront and right winger.

Just no.

Keep him for the dressing room by all means but his days as a Premier League footballer are over.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Just no.

Keep him for the dressing room by all means but his days as a Premier League footballer are over.

See I used to think this and then Morgan played a few games alongside Evans when Rodgers first came in and was reasonably solid.

The thing with Morgan is if you put him next to an experienced Prem Centre Half he'll feed off that and do a good job, if you place him against a less experienced CB his level seems to drop. He seems to thrive when there is less pressure on himself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

See I used to think this and then Morgan played a few games alongside Evans when Rodgers first came in and was reasonably solid.

The thing with Morgan is if you put him next to an experienced Prem Centre Half he'll feed off that and do a good job, if you place him against a less experienced CB his level seems to drop. He seems to thrive when there is less pressure on himself.

I don’t think ‘reasonably solid’ cuts it when you have top-six aspirations. 

Just now, Buce said:

I don’t think ‘reasonably solid’ cuts it when you have top-six aspirations. 

No but reasonably solid to come in for a few games if injury and suspension occur is good to have - especially if they are happy with that situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

I agree with this, Considering he’s captain his communication skills on the pitch aren’t the best. Huth organised the back 4 when he was around & Evans does most of the communication now. 

Having said that though other than the Wolves game, I think Wes has actually upped his game this year. He deserves another year however not as a starter but he would be my 3rd choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WilmslowFox said:

According to Manchester Evening News, Maguire is Manure fans' third choice CB target after Kalidou Koulibaly and Matthijs de Ligt.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-koulibaly-16273830

de Ligt is all but confirmed for Barca, I can see Maguire going to United to be honest but as others have said he is replaceable. Don't get me wrong I would rather keep him but the money we would get would cover an adequate replacement plus Tielemans.

10 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

de Ligt is all but confirmed for Barca, I can see Maguire going to United to be honest but as others have said he is replaceable. Don't get me wrong I would rather keep him but the money we would get would cover an adequate replacement plus Tielemans.

Personally I'd be happy enough to sell Maguire to fund the purchases of Tielemans and Sarr.

We spent over £30m on the youngsters Benkovic and Soyuncu last season so I'd like to see them compete with each other to partner Evans with Morgan as 4th choice and Amartey as cover for all of these. 

We spent a lot of money on Benkovic and Soyuncu so it seems a waste in retrospect if we can't trust them one year after they signed for us. It's not like I want to see Maguire gone as he's quality but it makes sense to get a huge transfer fee if offered and spend it on other areas of the team whilst creating an opening for top young talent to flourish in the first team. 

• Like 2

On 14/05/2019 at 06:10, Bert said:

He can go for me. 

Me too . When you watch the chance Chelsea had just before half time HM just doesn't see the run and let him go . JE was marking the front post . Happen far far to often for me .

8 minutes ago, linemakers said:

I don’t think it would weaken us too much Maguire going, but it would strengthen Manure which is not good if we want to push for a top six 

thats an interesting point.

Man u fans seem to believe they are going for the "let's buy players from the teams below us so they have less chance of overtaking us" approach

Pretty sad that their fans have come to the realisation they have absolutely no chance of competing for the league any more and are more bothered about weakening teams in a hope that they do worse than them

39 minutes ago, linemakers said:

I don’t think it would weaken us too much Maguire going, but it would strengthen Manure which is not good if we want to push for a top six 

Fair point, but I'm not sure Maguire is outstanding unless he has a very good centre half next to him. When Maguire is partnered with Morgan you see his limitations. However, alongside Evans he looks decent, because Evans is a very intelligent footballer. I don't see anyone in Man U set up that can complement Maguire the way Evans does here.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Fair point, but I'm not sure Maguire is outstanding unless he has a very good centre half next to him. When Maguire is partnered with Morgan you see his limitations. However, alongside Evans he looks decent, because Evans is a very intelligent footballer. I don't see anyone in Man U set up that can complement Maguire the way Evans does here.

Agreed, Maguire was fantastic before the world cup (& during) but I feel he's been found out a little bit, teams know that his positioning is often wayward and players can get goal side fairly easily. Of course his attacking prowess is brilliant, and that's probably all the matters for teams like United and City etc who just want fashionable players. Maguire won't be able to carry a United team going through turbulence that's for sure, add to the fact teams are going to step it up even higher in hopes of getting a result against Manure. A great player for us and would love him to stay and for him to WANT to be here. But if he thinks he's too good for us then GOODBYE :thumbup:

Edited by bfox