Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

65 million - it'd be foolish to turn that down.  It makes so much sense to sell now, and use Evans, Caglar and Benkovic with Morgan and another cheap vet for cover.  But Harry has taken on a certain totemistic value for the club, which I certainly understand, and makes him tougher to sell.  Hey - I'd miss those bull in a china shop bombing runs from the back too.

Edited by Deeg67

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

Sadly or not this is one of the best ways to build a team to get in the top six. Through selling players on and taking the money. Investing in youth for the academy and to compete for places in the first team. It's why its so important to have the best development and scouting teams. We're going to be selling players to the rich clubs every summer and in order for that to work we need to crate a conveyor belt of young talent.  I'm thinking if were going to be successful we should expect a turnover every three to four years. 

yes - all the top six sides sell their best players each year .............

tell me a club this has worked for (and don’t say spurs as they had to sell bale and Walker who both wanted to leave). 

If harry asks asks to leave then I accept that and Man City have to pay 75/80 million (remember we owe hull 15%)

but if he is content to stay and and leaves it up to us to decide then we should stick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

65 million - it'd be foolish to turn that down.  It makes so much sense to sell now, and use Evans, Caglar and Benkovic with Morgan and another cheap vet for cover.  But Harry has taken on a certain totemistic value for the club, which I certainly understand, and makes him tougher to sell.  Hey - I'd miss those bull in a china shop bombing runs from the back too.

If you know of a cheap vet let me know.. Our Dog has the runs this morning! 

• Haha 1

rather we sell to man utd, given they underpaid for mahrez.

given our finances, two loans, secured on mahrez money and next two seasons tv money I think maguire going is a given to be honest.  Getting loans secured on something you dont have not something that has me thrilled.

20 hours ago, Mehrez said:

That’s not the point (I’m not slating Maguire’s abilities btw) why would Pep go and buy someone who he has targeted for his weaknesses in the past? They have all the money in the world I’m sure they can find someone who pep wants more or god forbid why don’t they promote some youth

Why would pep want Harry? 

Because pep talks shite. Pep also said after the Jan window they no longer wanted Mahrez. But low and behold they still came back for him. 

90% of peps comments are to un settle teams/players before games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The top 6 have the money to stay there without selling players, because they are vastly richer than everyone else. Selling an asset and using that to strengthen is one of the few ways we can hope to push on if money isn't coming from elsewhere.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If harry asks asks to leave then I accept that and Man City have to pay 75/80 million (remember we owe hull 15%)

but if he is content to stay and and leaves it up to us to decide then we should stick

Man City come calling, he isn't saying no.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The top 6 have the money to stay there without selling players, because they are vastly richer than everyone else. Selling an asset and using that to strengthen is one of the few ways we can hope to push on if money isn't coming from elsewhere.

Man City come calling, he isn't saying no.

There is a difference between us accepting their offer and allowing the player to speak to them and us refusing their offer until they meet a figure we deem acceptable. If Harry decides he wants to move then he likely forgoes some bonus’s and incentives which could be significant. 

So harry could decide its in its in his financial interest to stay another season and then have several clubs fight over him with larger personal terms ....

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

tell me a club this has worked for (and don’t say spurs as they had to sell bale and Walker who both wanted to leave). 

The 'I want to be rich so I'm getting a chauffeur' argument. 

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not good enough to start week in week out at Man City, Man Utd won't be a significant step up for him to risk it imo. 

I think he can be. Stones before he went to Man City was a total liability but now probably the best English CB. Working with Pep will improve Maguire drastically. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is a difference between us accepting their offer and allowing the player to speak to them and us refusing their offer until they meet a figure we deem acceptable. If Harry decides he wants to move then he likely forgoes some bonus’s and incentives which could be significant. 

So harry could decide its in its in his financial interest to stay another season and then have several clubs fight over him with larger personal terms ....

Which I'm sure is what we'd do, reject a few offers and force peoples hands so that they have to push for a move. 

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not good enough to start week in week out at Man City, Man Utd won't be a significant step up for him to risk it imo. 

If Kompany can still start games Maguire should be fine. They don't even care if they spend £65m and have players sat on the bench. They just want a ridiculous squad that can compete in and win the lot. They aren't far away at the moment.