Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 hours ago, Xen said:

No we can't. There are rules that restrict how much sponsorship deals can be and what is 'fair value' specifically to stop the use of loopholes like this. 

Very true - although the amount KP sponsors the club for is pretty low ..... that particular sum could easily be higher without attracting query 

• Like 3

HARRY UP 

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd to b

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd to battle for £60m Harry Maguire who will play final Leicester match this weekend

HARRY MAGUIRE is set to play his final game for Leicester tomorrow before a £60million four-way summer tug of war.

attle for £60m Harry Maguire who will play final Leicester match this weekend

Tomorrow’s home clash with Chelsea could be the 26-year-old’s last for the club — with four of the Prem’s top six keen

On 5/9/2019 at 09:34, FIF said:

I think the first point is a myth. We have rich owners - in King Power - if they wanted to put in a cash injection to get around FPP they could give a crazy shirt deal or something. We are certainly one of the richest clubs in the Premier league, which is the richest league in the world. Getting a loan is simply good financial sense. The repayment deals on loans at the moment are incredible and only a fool or a monry launderer would pay for a building complex in cash.

Your second point is simply laughable. Puel introduced the football that Maguire thrives on. CB's that can pass and go forward. Ranieri and Pearson liked their CBs to be able to defend that's why we had Wes and Huth but Puel made Maguire into an England international.

Puel introduced it but then due to a fair few games where we started leaking goals maguire then stopped running forward.  So why you called it laughable I dont know.  I never said anything about puel not been good for maguire and I supported puel until the very end by the way, I wasnt one of those pushing him out.

Regarding the loan, unless its zero percent interest there is a cost to the club, we also dont know the terms of the loan, I get the point about borrowing money been a solid decision sometimes in business, but usually its done when either there is no cash in hand or no one is willing to inject the cash.  Vichai wanted the club debt free.  To suggest only a money launderer wouldnt borrow money to pay for something sounds ridiculous to me.

Given the timing of the loan it wouldnt surprise me if we had temporary cashflow issues due to the events earlier in the year and it gets repaid well ahead of its due date.

By your reckoning was funding the new stadium by loan ok as well?

I care about the survival of our club above everything else, winning the league is fine, competing for a european spot is fine as long as we dont go bankrupt in the process, that to me means either funding things out of club income, or directly from the owner's assets.  So e.g. I would have been fine if the loan was taken out by king power and not the club.  A 3rd party loan is often how the slippery path down starts for a club.

Also as has already been pointed out to you clubs have been done trying to get round FFP rules with sponsorship deals, and FFP doesnt prevent cash injections, it prevents excessive spending on players, the two are different things.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Leicester and England defender Harry Maguire could play his final game for the Foxes on Sunday. Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are all interested in the 26-year-old, but the Foxes will not sell him for less than £60m. (Sun)

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

HARRY UP 

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd to battle for £60m Harry Maguire who will play final Leicester match this weekend

HARRY MAGUIRE is set to play his final game for Leicester tomorrow before a £60million four-way summer tug of war.

Tomorrow’s home clash with Chelsea could be the 26-year-old’s last for the club — with four of the Prem’s top six keen

Haven't Chelsea been banned from signing players for a season? lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Leicester and England defender Harry Maguire could play his final game for the Foxes on Sunday. Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are all interested in the 26-year-old, but the Foxes will not sell him for less than £60m. (Sun)

Now we know this is bollox. Spuds ain't going for a £60m+ defender. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s an odd list . Chelsea can’t, spurs wouldn’t, Harry would go to yanited ahead of arsenal  ......

This is where Spurs shock the world and bid £80million for Maguire and I sit on the floor laughing at my housemate.

• Haha 1

£80million? Out of all the assets we have I think selling Maguire would have the least impact on hindering our progress next year.  We have more than adequate cover at centre half and I feel that whoever partners Evans develops their game. Even Wes looks comfortable playing alongside Evans. £80million plus any additional transfer funds goes along way to securing 3 or 4 top quality improvements to the squad. With  greater quality and ball retention, perhaps our defence will be called upon less frequently.

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If Alderweireld goes, whats the likelihood Spurs come in for Maguire? I doubt they would stump up the £60 million tho on a centre half 

Man U have  a policy of avoiding dealing with Spurs because of Levy’s business practices  . We should do the same .

Edited by surrifox

41 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Except for Berbatov and Carrick obviously... 

And they wouldn’t buy Kane for 100 m if it was offered .....

btw, levy’s business practices are exactly that .. ‘business’ .......seems the others have all caught up rather than doing things on the back of a fag packet and so called  ‘gentleman’s agreements’ which were never agreed in the first place 

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

HARRY UP 

His Price has certainly fluctuated over the last couple of weeks with reports saying £90m + to now reports of £60m, whatever the price I think we’ll be losing Harry this Summer to one of the so called big 4 clubs but if we do let’s hope the club gets as much as possible for the lad !

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Sanchez is easily in the Top 5 of players I would never want in a team. Toxic. 

A player cannot suddenly become shocking 

I suspect he simply doesn’t ‘fit’ in their dressing room and the resentment re his salary is possibly responsible 

Although I agree that Harry is probably the one I'd pick if we had to lose a first team player because like some have said, it's the one position we possibly have enough cover in, I'm still not as confident in what we have as alot of you seem to be. Evan's is solid, agreed. Benkovic looks class but he does seem to get injured rather regularly which is a concern. We've simply not saw enough of Soyuncu to say either way that he could handle being first choice for a whole season and Wes is Wes. He looks like a rock one week and then fills you with dread the next. 

I mean, with a combination of the three, we could probably get away with it but again, I'm not as confident that if this is the way we went that we wouldn't be looking for a CB come January. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

A player cannot suddenly become shocking 

I suspect he simply doesn’t ‘fit’ in their dressing room and the resentment re his salary is possibly responsible 

Wasn't he the same towards the end of his time at Arsenal too though? Just doesn't seem a team player, a massive ego, and not the type of person we want. Not that it would realistically ever happen anyway!

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Although I agree that Harry is probably the one I'd pick if we had to lose a first team player because like some have said, it's the one position we possibly have enough cover in, I'm still not as confident in what we have as alot of you seem to be. Evan's is solid, agreed. Benkovic looks class but he does seem to get injured rather regularly which is a concern. We've simply not saw enough of Soyuncu to say either way that he could handle being first choice for a whole season and Wes is Wes. He looks like a rock one week and then fills you with dread the next. 

I mean, with a combination of the three, we could probably get away with it but again, I'm not as confident that if this is the way we went that we wouldn't be looking for a CB come January. 

Agree totally - worried !!

Listening to radio 5live friday night and hearing the pundits discussing Leicester City and how we have the best squad for other teams to cherry pick from us. one minute their saying how great  our title win was and then the next their suggesting the so called bigger teams should come in and grab all our best players. sick of hearing how we should lose all our best players all the time, it was the same with Mahrez and Kante.

• Like 1