Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

17 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Fair point, but I'm not sure Maguire is outstanding unless he has a very good centre half next to him. When Maguire is partnered with Morgan you see his limitations. However, alongside Evans he looks decent, because Evans is a very intelligent footballer. I don't see anyone in Man U set up that can complement Maguire the way Evans does here.

TBF playing alongside Wes cannot be compared with playing alongside Evan.  Chalk and Cheese.  Evans with Benko could be excellent.

On 16/05/2019 at 12:33, bfox said:

Agreed, Maguire was fantastic before the world cup (& during) but I feel he's been found out a little bit, teams know that his positioning is often wayward and players can get goal side fairly easily. Of course his attacking prowess is brilliant, and that's probably all the matters for teams like United and City etc who just want fashionable players. Maguire won't be able to carry a United team going through turbulence that's for sure, add to the fact teams are going to step it up even higher in hopes of getting a result against Manure. A great player for us and would love him to stay and for him to WANT to be here. But if he thinks he's too good for us then GOODBYE :thumbup:

For an advanced team the forward play of a defender is more important than the defending, they defend by keeping the ball and outscoring the opposition.  Thats how they win more games than they lose.

Outdated methods tend to focus on the defending ability ahead of the ball play ability.

This is why I rate chilwell, ricardo and maguire, as they all excellent at getting the ball out properly, I dont rate defenders so well when they tend to just hoof, or head the ball out of play, as all that does is bring the ball straight back at you.  Some people call this no nonsense defending.

Kante was good at winning the ball, but that wasnt everything about him, he would win the ball, when he released it, it was at the feet of one of our forward players.  So he also brought it forward.

As proven with the amount of money we wasted and also by Southampton demise, selling players for the sole reasoning of "its big money" is not clever.  I would only sell a proven good squad member when we getting a known good quantity back with the money.  Never sell just to get the money in the bank.  Its far too easy to waste money on unproven players that fail.  This is why I cringe when I read posts like "sell him, its crazy money", or "too good to turn down" that kind of thinking has no foresight.   They think we exist just to make cash.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

For an advanced team the forward play of a defender is more important than the defending, they defend by keeping the ball and outscoring the opposition.  Thats how they win more games than they lose.

Outdated methods tend to focus on the defending ability ahead of the ball play ability.

This is why I rate chilwell, ricardo and maguire, as they all excellent at getting the ball out properly, I dont rate defenders so well when they tend to just hoof, or head the ball out of play, as all that does is bring the ball straight back at you.  Some people call this no nonsense defending.

Kante was good at winning the ball, but that wasnt everything about him, he would win the ball, when he released it, it was at the feet of one of our forward players.  So he also brought it forward.

As proven with the amount of money we wasted and also by Southampton demise, selling players for the sole reasoning of "its big money" is not clever.  I would only sell a proven good squad member when we getting a known good quantity back with the money.  Never sell just to get the money in the bank.  Its far too easy to waste money on unproven players that fail.  This is why I cringe when I read posts like "sell him, its crazy money", or "too good to turn down" that kind of thinking has no foresight.   They think we exist just to make cash.

one million likes !!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 16/05/2019 at 12:15, MGLCFC said:

Fair point, but I'm not sure Maguire is outstanding unless he has a very good centre half next to him. When Maguire is partnered with Morgan you see his limitations. However, alongside Evans he looks decent, because Evans is a very intelligent footballer. I don't see anyone in Man U set up that can complement Maguire the way Evans does here.

Agreed said for ages Maguire Morgan is a bad combination. Both play better with Evans. Just like Morgan's game vastly improved when Huth arrived. Both of them need to play with an organising player. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

with Kompany leaving Man City, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Man City came in for him tbh, all in all though now i think he'll be gone in the summer if a big bid comes in

Didn't Guardiola label him too slow, don't think he fancies him so would be surprised if they went down that route. 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Might just mean Otamendi doesn’t go now because he was linked with a move away.. imagine he’s on big wages though and he won’t improve the likes of Real, Barca and Juventus so no idea where he’d go. Think City will just stick with Laporte, Stones and Otamendi now.

Otamedi seems to be linked to atletico to replace godin but he might have to stay now Kompany has gone. Can definitely see pep looking at umtiti and Harry to replace kompany. 

I can't see us getting Foden on loan tbh.Personally, I want 60 to 80 or so million in cash which we can reinvest in Youri/ and a winger who is capable of playing as a striker.

My birthday is in June. All I want for it is Youri's signature on a five-year contract.  :scarf:

I fancy Maguire to be in a sky blue shirt next season. £65+ million job done. We prepared for this last summer by signing Benkovic and Soyuncu.

I’d be happy to run next season with Evans partnered with Benkovic/Soyuncu, leaving the other on the bench and Morgan waiting in the wings to provide changing room leadership. 

• Like 1

I find it interesting people are speculating that Harry will be sky blue shirt when I'm not sure Guardiola rates him? Also, I'm not he'd get a game there and be relegated to otamendi's position on the totem pole. At least at Man Utd he'd get a game.

I'm not pro selling Harry, but if it's the only way we can invest in top draw attacking talent in order to launch a proper assault on the Top Six next season, then so be it.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

with Kompany leaving Man City, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Man City came in for him tbh, all in all though now i think he'll be gone in the summer if a big bid comes in

That’s alright the whole reason Kompany supposedly left was because they couldn’t give him regular football. Let them bid £70m on Maguire then offer Kompany a 2 year contract.

Edit: Forget that he’s just become player/manager at Anderlecht. lol 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

9 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Pep literally said in that documentary they targeted him because he was to slow, now you think he wants to sign him?

Kompany and Otamendi aren't the quickest either and never were. If Maguire's pace was a serious issue he would be found out by now, not be a top half PL defender and an England international.

• Like 3

The reason Kompany is going is because of his legs slowing... He's obviously not going to sign Harry to fix that! 

They have high hopes for Eric Garcia who played well against us in the League Cup, and already have Laporte, Stones and Otamendi. They might get another, but if they are spending £60-80m it'll be on De Ligt.

• Like 2