Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He’s not leaving - all the reports have been mostly fake news. They’ve bid way below our valuation, we rejected it, and they haven’t bid since. There’s 18 days of the window left and I can see our position becoming even more aggressive to stop them buying him. 

I hope we keep him. Certainly think we have a top 6 side with Maguire staying. 

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Reported 3 hours ago

United have finally agreed terms on signing Leicester City and England defender Harry Maguire. The 26-year-old will arrive at Old Trafford in an £80m deal. (Bleacher Report)

AHH I see!!  Gossip!!

But nothing from reliable source.

He was Bleaching this same crap last week..he just does cut and paste.

All gossip columns are chasing their own asses!! And feeding themselves

in ever decreasing circles!!

That's why I said no BBC news!

25 minutes ago, Dorchester Fox said:

Have no idea if this is still the case but it certainly was a few years ago..

I knew a friend of the Maguire family who used to tell me that Harry only ever took 25% of his earnings. His Dad took the rest to invest it in Harry's future. This friend of the family said that Harry was the sort of chap who wasn't that motivated by money - great family background etc..

Only posting this now because it seems a little relevant when thinking about Maguire's motivations... Everybody has commented on his sheer professionalism... Long may that continue...

Yeah but now its his missus that gives him his pocket money :P

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Just goes to show how desperate the media are for him to join United. Any kind of source whether credible or not gets jumped on by them. The media has been an absolute circus with the whole Maguire Man U speculation all summer. 

There's so many plastics - news stories about Manx U sell papers. Or more apt these days are sure-fire click bait.

..... it's a self-reinforcing feedback loop - the more stories / media coverage about Manx U the more plastics ..... the more plastics the more the national media panders to their desire to read about the club they profess to 'support' ......

And it looks like they are going to get their £80 million man. The plastics will be happy. 

Edited by swanlee

3 minutes ago, swanlee said:

There's so many plastics - news stories about Manx U sell papers or more apt these days are click bait.

..... it's a self-reinforcing feedback loop - the more stories / media coverage about Manx U the more plastics ..... the more plastics the more the national media panders to their desire to read about the club they profess to 'support' ......

And it looks like they are going to get their £80 million man. The plastics will be happy. 

This forum. Hasn't been too badly itself in this Topic,when covering the oceans floor plastics.

I don't think anything has really changed since last year.  Jose was desperate to get maguire (or Alderwierald) in back then but Woodward wouldn't stump up the cash as they had already spent heavily and were well covered in CB position. They have not offloaded anyone and HM price now higher.  hence the rumours that they were trying to include some sort of player swap into the deal.  Actually surprised that they didn't go for TA from spurs as he has a £25M release clause due to Spurs activating the extension option on his contract last year.

ITK's should be held accountable where fake news is spread and betting is involved. I wonder how many people (who are daft enough)  have stuck a few quid on a transfer based on what they perceive to be news from a reliable source.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

ITK's should be held accountable where fake news is spread and betting is involved. I wonder how many people (who are daft enough)  have stuck a few quid on a transfer based on what they perceive to be news from a reliable source.

More fool them then. No sympathy from me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

More fool them then. No sympathy from me

You're dead right, but what if sean from enderby was a bookie or who had a mate who was a bookie and consequently stood to make a lot of money from basically bull shitting.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

He's not leaving you know.

You sound almost menacing in this post…. !!!

lets all imagine Harry is actually called Bill in order for this meme to actually work!

B0F558DF-D566-4EAF-B8D2-B8106795D0E5.jpeg

Edited by Wolfox

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yep. I think you can get 7/1 and more in places for Big H to stay. Now if you fancy yourself as a gambler... and potentially* dont mind losing a few quid then do it. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You're dead right, but what if sean from enderby was a bookie or who had a mate who was a bookie and consequently stood to make a lot of money from basically bull shitting.

not at all like sky then...….. Oh wait a minute  :fishing: