Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, Fox92 said:

Geography has nothing to do with it. He's joining a bigger club, massive club, regardless of how bad United are compared to what they once were, and now has a chance to play at Old Trafford every week.

I'd like to know how you can definitely, 100% guarantee that geography does not play into it. Sources that isn't just opinion? 

30 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

Apologies if this has been posted on here before...

FB_IMG_1564912495900.jpg

Hahaha wankers.

Don't forget, these are the same ****ers who Fergie deemed Pogba wasn't good enough so let him to to Juventus on a FREE, then they bought him back 4 years later for £90m, £25m of that went to his ****ing agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Hahaha wankers.

Don't forget, these are the same ****ers who Fergie deemed Pogba wasn't good enough so let him to to Juventus on a FREE, then they bought him back 4 years later for £90m, £25m of that went to his ****ing agent.

I wouldn't laugh if I were you, Clubs will be putting the price up, Because they know about the Harry Maguire money.

2 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I wouldn't laugh if I were you, Clubs will be putting the price up, Because they know about the Harry Maguire money.

Yeah but we're not desperate unlike you lot were. So despite having 80million, we don't have the urge or need to splash it about immediately. Hopefully it'll be reinvested wisely, preferably next year, when most people will have forgotten about it. 

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Didn't he just sign one of them somewhere else!?

Yer they say that contracts are made to be broken, but £80 to £85 mil a 5 year deal with the option of an extra year and £200.000 a week and they say that we haven’t had there pants down.

The Glazers must be thinking to themselves we need to get rid of this t—t Woodward.

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hahaha wankers.

Questioning african child meme. 

So you're telling me... That Manchester United have been watching Harry Maguire for about 8-9 years, could have pulled the trigger on purchasing him from his original club on the cheap, but decided to wait for him to go to club after club, building on his experience and reputation to become and international class defender, so you could waste an absolute fortune in buying a marquee name...

1 hour ago, FIF said:

You are without doubt the best young poster on this board, intelligent and level headed as well as knowledgeable and whilst I am also worried about our lack of height I think that intelligence outwieghs height (if it's possible to say that). An extra couple of inches whilst desirable (according to my wife) can be negated most of the time by good positioning (again according to my wife). If we want height there's always Benko who is 6' 3.5" to play alongside him.

It's interesting to see that Brendan has gone on record about Benkos quality yet still sees him as behind Evans and Soyunco (and maybe Morgan) in the depth chart. Does that mean that Soyunco is really good or that Benko is not as good as was said? I'd guess he's just not ready yet.

I'd be surprised to see us buy a CB after picking up these 2 last year (when we thought Manure were going to buy Mags) unless it is a top class CB with prem experience who we see as being our number 1 CB immediately. 

No one will know more about Benko than BR ....   I've seen him play twice and wasn't overly impressed.  Beaten in the air and sometimes out of position.  I'm sure he will improve but Caglar is the better CB at the moment.  And again, he will improve dramatically, imo, as he gets more game time.   But ...   if we have aspirations of challenging for the top 6 this season then we need another proven CB right now.

Edited by Countryfox

18 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Or maybe he wants it over and done with.

Or maybe he's starting to already feel that he shouldn't have left a club in LCFC with the great potential it has (look at the new training ground plans) and it's exciting youth players; instead of going for largely money to a club that has gone in a gradual downhill spiral since Sir Alex Ferguson, and has gambled on players like Fred and Paul Pogba since who've done very little to warrant the price that your club has paid?

Hence, Maguire could be in two minds about moving still.

Yes, his bank balance will double - but he knows he needs to impress almost immediately and be consistently great for his transfer fee paid for,else his reputation he developed at LCFC may well be tarnished at Manchester United.

Am starting to believe that you're a type of supporter there who denies there's problems at Old Trafford and that things will be fine in not being savvy in the transfer market.

Am not having a dig, btw, just trying to be neutral on this matter.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

17 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

You must realise by now that the lack of concern for HM leaving shown by many Leicester fans isn’t a good thing for you, surely? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

@LC/FC lazy.

Yeah, I am... I gave up saving pics and gigs and everything in the meme nature about 4 years ago. 

I know there are plenty of webhosts to provide premade links and gif makers that you just add text to... But the pop ups and ads are annoying. 

I'm too old to meme properly anymore... 

:nono:

17 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Yeah but we're not desperate unlike you lot were. So despite having 80million, we don't have the urge or need to splash it about immediately. Hopefully it'll be reinvested wisely, preferably next year, when most people will have forgotten about it. 

I keep saying this, but people have to realise that is most unlikely that we have £80m to spend.  We have already spent it on Youri, Perez and Justin and then there's £10m+ to pay to Hull.   That is the first thing we should be telling the clubs that we might be buying from.

If we spent the Maguire money that would give us a net spend of £90m.  At the start of the window, people that know a lot more about the club's finances than me were saying that we would likely have £30m to spend based on turnover minus expenditure and complying with FFP,

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

I’ve not seen anyone else mention this but why don’t we go back and get Dragovic?

Surely wouldn’t command the type of fee that Ake/Dunk/Tarkowski would, has proven that he is capable of playing in the Premier League, good on the ball....

If John Percy is to be believed (which he obviously is) then Dragovic would have been happy to stay were it not for Puel. We could do far worse with the £20-25m it’s likely to take to get him. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

£80m for Maguire lollol 

He is a very good defender though.

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve not seen anyone else mention this but why don’t we go back and get Dragovic?

Surely wouldn’t command the type of fee that Ake/Dunk/Tarkowski would, has proven that he is capable of playing in the Premier League, good on the ball....

If John Percy is to be believed (which he obviously is) then Dragovic would have been happy to stay were it not for Puel. We could do far worse with the £20-25m it’s likely to take to get him. 

He can barely get into the leverkusen team, and wasn't as great as thought here.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Can’t see why we don’t just save our money and give either Benkovic or Soyuncu a chance, they’ve been signed for a reason...it seems silly especially now clubs know about the money we’ve got to spend. 

50 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If John Percy is to be believed (which he obviously is) then Dragovic would have been happy to stay were it not for Puel. 

He was very unhappy at his treatment and handling.

Looked a pretty impressive player too in his handful of appearances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Familiar pattern that ..... under a certain Mr Claude Puel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Quick! Someone needs to give him an interview where he can trash his treatment under Puel.