Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

21 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Very true and if it was any other team I suspect most people would be over it by now, just that it is man U, the most vile team on the planet, after Forest.

I'm just happy he's not going to the The Spuds!.. 

They're up there with the vilest of the lot! 

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Whomever we sign at CB (if we sign someone) he needs to be quick imo. Evans is a wise old head with great schooling, but not the quickest. That was one of the limitations of Evans and McGuire last season... both relatively slow.

Evans will co-ordinate, but I’d like to see a quality, younger, quicker bloke alongside him

Don't get greedy !! and even lose the path that served us well

We Already have two,!!!!

Soyuncu and Benkovic..

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Whats really does it is.....Anyone but Man U !!!

We all hate the Tw..ts hes getting boood good and proper!!

Thanks for the money and hes joined a crap Man u side with an incompetent Manager.Pressures on him now.......

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

If I could go through every post on this forum and flag utter bollocks in some sort of 0-10 bollock rating this one would score a perfect 10. There is so much wrong with this comment I have no idea where to start and can only assume it’s a troll otherwise it is a a sad indictment as to where this forum is headed.

Should really stay away from the keyboad an FT when drinking Special Brew.

• Like 1

I'm all for the players. They should make as much money as they could and then some. The clubs are making stupid amounts of money and the players are more than deserving of their piece of the pie. they are taking from the owner's pockets, not mine. The owners who are filthy rich and many of them are billionaires. All the power to the players. Go get that money. If they can, they should make enough money in order for them to not need to lift a finger after they are done with football. There isn't a salary cap like in basketball or American football so the amount of money they get isn't affecting the ability to get other players directly. It's a contract agreed by the two parties.

Edited by the fox

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

No where near what he could earn ..   if he was insured ...  and if he was with Aviva they wouldn't pay a fookin penny ..  the robbin dogs !! ....Not that I've got an axe to grind with them of course ..   :)

It would calculate future loss of earnings including inflation and image rights etc... from the right insurers.

as for Aviva, I’m with you on that pal 

57 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I would take Cahill on a free for a season to add cover and allow Benkovic and Caglar to mature into the role. Really do believe in both and don’t think either options mentioned add any real value.

Agreed. Pants are being pulled down on our side now with other teams knowing we’ve got a massive few for a defender. Cahill for a year is a great shout. Him, Evans and Wes would be ideal for Soyuncu and Benkovic to learn from. 

I just can't believe he's going for a fee which is literally double what he's worth and you could even debate he's not a £40m defender anyway. 

Absolutely incredible bit of business by the club, hats off to Rudkin for pulling this off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the fox said:

I'm all for the players. They should make as much money as they could and then some. The clubs are making stupid amounts of money and the players are more than deserving of their piece of the pie. they are taking from the owner's pockets, not mine. The owners who are filthy rich and many of them are billionaires. All the power to the players. Go get that money. If they can, they should make enough money in order for them to not need to lift a finger after they are done with football. There isn't a salary cap like in basketball or American football so the amount of money they get isn't affecting the ability to get other players directly. It's a contract agreed by the two parties.

Perhaps not you personally, but the money in the game is coming from Sky, who get their money from the fans.

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

Perhaps not you personally, but the money in the game is coming from Sky, who get their money from the fans.

The Sky money does not really compare with the World-wide fees.  Trust me paying for Astro in Malaysia is not cheap!!

• Like 1