Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Sky now stating “if it goes through”.

If you’re Harry, how would you feel about the media circus and bonkers fans camped outside your hotel, singing about you having a “massive head” when you’re trying to get some sleep. 

Any chance he thinks, “this lot are a bunch of idiots” then sacks it off and stays? 

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Sky now stating “if it goes through”.

If you’re Harry, how would you feel about the media circus and bonkers fans camped outside your hotel, singing about you having a “massive head” when you’re trying to get some sleep. 

Any chance he thinks, “this lot are a bunch of idiots” then sacks it off and stays? 

Would love it if he did (although I'd still feel disappointed he'd let things get this far), however whatever he thinks of their fans or even the club itself I expect the promised wages will go a long way to persuading him to dot every i  and cross every t when he comes to signing that last bit of paperwork.

Just hope if we replace him with another CB  (or even give one of our 2 young lads a chance), whoever it is and Evans form the most stable and reliable pairing in the league and everyone is talking about how we've actually improved since he went to United ... who I hope still leak goals all season.

My prediction is he will struggle at United. He's not a natural leader. Wes Morgan played like a championship defender next to him at times.

Maguire suited out system and we got the best out of him in the end and he did improve. 

But going to a toxic club like this with a bunch of Billy big bollocks, who lets face it, care more about their social media and celebrations and are not that good anyway is a bit disappointing, I could of understood going to man city.

United are just a brand now, nothing more, still attractive to some due to a pay day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

My prediction is he will struggle at United. He's not a natural leader. Wes Morgan played like a championship defender next to him at times.

Maguire suited out system and we got the best out of him in the end and he did improve. 

But going to a toxic club like this with a bunch of Billy big bollocks, who lets face it, care more about their social media and celebrations and are not that good anyway is a bit disappointing, I could of understood going to man city.

United are just a brand now, nothing more, still attractive to some due to a pay day.

I thought Man City might come in for him and leave United in the dust but it seems Pep really is not that bothered about him going to Manure.

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The expression of his face shows he may have reservations already about joining Man United..:thumbup:

"But Steve, I don't wanna have to do the weird dances the 'young talent' Lingard does...and don't get me started on how Olé looks like Golem. He's not gonna start whispering precious to me is he!?" 

• Haha 1

I hope we make an offer and get Nathan Ake - he is a better CB than Maguire and could be our mainstay for 2 or 3 years until a big club pays over £100m for him

Entering for his medical:

EBHLt0wXYAAH8MK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Now it’s real I’m gutted.  It’ll hurt him coming back in a Utd shirt.  :(

Don’t worry, he won’t be coming back till next May for the last game of the season (unless we get them in a cup game). We will be fine, he is a loss, but we’ve got so much more to look forward to :scarf:

16 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The pain will quickly be eased when Vardy leaves him turning like an oil tanker in his wake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I hope we make an offer and get Nathan Ake - he is a better CB than Maguire and could be our mainstay for 2 or 3 years until a big club pays over £100m for him

Im unsure on him, absolutely brilliant defender don't get me wrong, but am concerned about his height and aerial presence. Especially with Chilwell and Ricardo not being that tall themselves. We needed Harry's height with Evans, 

(Chilwell and Ake being not that tall pains me to say being the same height as them:sweating:)

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm just hurt that he sees THEM as the ideal move personally. They're an absolute mess whereas we look to be building something promising here. I know money talks and Utd are still a huge club but it just seems like a sideways move in terms of where both teams are. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm just hurt that he sees THEM as the ideal move personally. They're an absolute mess whereas we look to be building something promising here. I know money talks and Utd are still a huge club but it just seems like a sideways move in terms of where both teams are. 

Behave mate. That's almost as bad as Burnley fans saying we're a sideways move for Tarkowski

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Im unsure on him, absolutely brilliant defender don't get me wrong, but am concerned about his height and aerial presence. Especially with Chilwell and Ricardo not being that tall themselves. We needed Harry's height with Evans, 

(Chilwell and Ake being not that tall pains me to say being the same height as them:sweating:)

You are without doubt the best young poster on this board, intelligent and level headed as well as knowledgeable and whilst I am also worried about our lack of height I think that intelligence outwieghs height (if it's possible to say that). An extra couple of inches whilst desirable (according to my wife) can be negated most of the time by good positioning (again according to my wife). If we want height there's always Benko who is 6' 3.5" to play alongside him.

It's interesting to see that Brendan has gone on record about Benkos quality yet still sees him as behind Evans and Soyunco (and maybe Morgan) in the depth chart. Does that mean that Soyunco is really good or that Benko is not as good as was said? I'd guess he's just not ready yet.

I'd be surprised to see us buy a CB after picking up these 2 last year (when we thought Manure were going to buy Mags) unless it is a top class CB with prem experience who we see as being our number 1 CB immediately. 

7 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

the England fame has probably got to his head a bit (no pun intended) and has probably been pressured from agents, family, sponsors and other people around him to make the move, not to mention the money.

I think he himself would have bene happy to stay but with all things considered it was never going to be the case.

Edited by whoareyaaa