Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Tielemans hasnt yet signed for Leicester...and I love Ginger biscuits...and fig rolls..:P

I prefer a biscuit in the hand,than one promised from the jar..  Love a good dunk Now!!!   not at tea time...:yahoo:

It's a unique case, surely you've got to see that? In this example we have two star players on our books, yet chances are we can only afford to keep one of them. Either we hold on to Maguire and let Tielemans go, or we shift Maguire to Utd so we can afford to pay the Tielemans fee (and have some extra left over for further improvements)

Edited by Xen

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's a unique case, surely you've got to see that? In this example we have two star players on our books, yet chances are we can only afford to keep one of them. Either we hold on to Maguire and let Tielemans go, or we shift Maguire to Utd so we can afford to pay the Tielemans fee (and have some extra left over for further improvements)

I wonder what Top & the board think...??  

I bloody  hope we can afford  ,sorry more than 2  quality players...  I don't believe in paying off Peter to pay for paul...plus both dicky birds could fly away..!!

Amazes me what a twirl some fans get themselves into..!!!    There has been no committment or intent from anyside,but fans get into a twiz over arguing

the cuz over individual preferences....!!!   I prefer to keep all twizzes  & twirls open and a turning...on one spot!!

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I bloody  hope we can afford  ,sorry more than 2  quality players...  I don't believe in paying off Peter to pay for paul...plus both dicky birds could fly away..!!

Amazes me what a twirl some fans get themselves into..!!!    There has been no committment or intent from anyside,but fans get into a twiz over arguing

the cuz over individual preferences....!!!   I prefer to keep all twizzes  & twirls open and a turning...on one spot!!

You realise we've got a 9-figure training ground to pay for, and we've already signed off this season's PL money, so we don't necessarily have the funds to keep both of those quality players...

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

You realise we've got a 9-figure training ground to pay for, and we've already signed off this season's PL money, so we don't necessarily have the funds to keep both of those quality players...

Jesus...Championship bound...!!

If our owners got us into that type of mess...!!!

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I genuinely have no idea what point you're even making anymore.

Noone has said anything about the Championship, and nothing about being in any kind of mess either.

We're planning long-term with the training ground, but had to sacrifice some short term cash flow in order to make that happen. That's all.

Anyway, this is all conjecture. I'm going to bow out rather than continue arguing with a brick wall.

16 hours ago, Guest said:

I'm not desperate to see him go but if we have to sell Maguire to get Tielemans then it's an absolute no brainer. Without Tielemans we were pedestrian and utterly lacking in drive and imagination. Without Maguire are we actually that much worse off? It's by no means a certainty that Benkovic and/or Soyuncu will step straight in with no difficulties but I've seen us play without Maguire and without Tielemans, and I know which I'd prefer.

There we go, there's nothing else to say on the matter as you've nailed it.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, FIF said:

£90m ridiculous.

Manure should just sign out of contract David Luis from Chelsea. A better player going forward and defending.

Ole is trying to replicate what Ferguson achieved this has a Rio feel about it and Ferguson's sides where full of England internationals.

Can't see him not going tbh the fee will be high 

17 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

17 hours ago, Xen said:

17 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

lol lol lol kettle and black spring to mind lol lol

Ffs its rumour and if it becomes fact we trust the club does the right thing. 

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lol lol lol kettle and black spring to mind lol lol

Ffs its rumour and if it becomes fact we trust the club does the right thing. 

But.bu..bu..but,that's exactly what I was getting at...it just takes longer for me to ppppp ooosss tt..it

On 25/03/2019 at 16:07, Xen said:

Surely Silva pays for Tielemans.  Well for about half of him assuming Monaco are interested.  We also lose a lot of expensive squad players from the wage bill this summer.

I don't think it has to be either  Maguire or Youri.  I'm greedy I want both.

Can't really see a huge bid coming in for Harry anyway.

• Like 1

i can see maguire going and possibly chilly also and it depends how big a squad brendan wants to work with ? if those 2 go for lets say 120m minimum and the below will also likely be moved on that opens up a massive chunk of wages we can use 

slimani

king

fuchs

okazaki

ghezzal

maguire

chilwell

mendy if we sign tielmans

simpson

but with soyenchu already here and a benkovic recall we are ok for cbs , also can see brendan going for tierney from celtic and a cheaper young lb as cover and rb we will have ricardo and amertey

15 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

i can see maguire going and possibly chilly also and it depends how big a squad brendan wants to work with ? if those 2 go for lets say 120m minimum and the below will also likely be moved on that opens up a massive chunk of wages we can use 

slimani

king

fuchs

okazaki

ghezzal

maguire

chilwell

mendy if we sign tielmans

simpson

but with soyenchu already here and a benkovic recall we are ok for cbs , also can see brendan going for tierney from celtic and a cheaper young lb as cover and rb we will have ricardo and amertey

We are never going to sell both of our England internationals just can't see it happening

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Surely Silva pays for Tielemans.  Well for about half of him assuming Monaco are interested.  We also lose a lot of expensive squad players from the wage bill this summer.

I don't think it has to be either  Maguire or Youri.  I'm greedy I want both.

Can't really see a huge bid coming in for Harry anyway.

I think Silva could only raise about 10 in a 40m deal. He may be looking ok there but realistically he's average and towards the arse end of his career.

After clearing out the dead wood, we’ll drop £50 - £70 million on new players in this window.

The training ground is financed anyway and Brendan will want Youri, a striker and another winger.

I don’t reckon Maguire will go anywhere and I doubt Chilwell will either.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

After clearing out the dead wood, we’ll drop £50 - £70 million on new players in this window.

The training ground is financed anyway and Brendan will want Youri, a striker and another winger.

I don’t reckon Maguire will go anywhere and I doubt Chilwell will either.

i was of the understanding that we would have to create our own  funding and that this years tv money was already going to that Australian bank to repay a loan.

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

i was of the understanding that we would have to create our own  funding and that this years tv money was already going to that Australian bank to repay a loan.

Yeah, I don’t buy that there’s no money for players other than shifting dead wood and that refinancing options are suddenly impossible!

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, I don’t buy that there’s no money for players other than shifting dead wood and that refinancing options are suddenly impossible!

I wouldn’t quite call the potential sale of Maguire/ chilwell  as shifting deadwood..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I wouldn’t quite call the potential sale of Maguire/ chilwell  as shifting deadwood..

? Nah, they’re stayin - Brendan won’t want to be losing either of those two! The actual deadwood though should at least free up some real wages and help us buy some young unproven talent from big clubs with more stock than opportunities which I think is where we will look.

49 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

? Nah, they’re stayin - Brendan won’t want to be losing either of those two! The actual deadwood though should at least free up some real wages and help us buy some young unproven talent from big clubs with more stock than opportunities which I think is where we will look.

If the 65mill is on the table, I doubt even Brendan would turn this down mate.

We have to offload the ‘deadwood’ as you say though. For me I’d bin off Ghezzal, Slim, Nacho, Diabetes, King, James and even Amartey. None of them good enough at this level imo.