Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

10 hours ago, FIF said:

If Manure really want him then I'd be looking for a player and cash.

One of their younger talents not quite playing like Mason whatsisname or Gomes plus cash. We'll either waste or not use the money.

Think chelsea would be better off getting him though, then I'd ask for Hudson odoi :ph34r:

Pereira (theirs, not ours) and £45m

I think we'd seriously struggle to turn down £65m. Good deal for both parties, but I'd be more than happy if it's rubbish and Harry stays. He's far better than he's shown this season and he's only going to get better

• Like 1

United bid £75 mill last Summer (according to newspaper reports) prices aren’t going down so why would his value have dropped by 1/3 ? Spurs are looking for €180 million for Eriksen they almost certainly won’t get all that but they don’t sell cheap why should we ?

17 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

45m and smalling or Jones or rojo.

I think people seriously underestimate how good Smalling is and just what a coup it'd be for a club on our rung to get him.

He's played over 300 games for one of the biggest clubs in the world, but because he's had a couple of moments that make funny GIFs people act as if he's David bloody May. He's infinitely better than Jones or Rojo.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why is this even a thread? Not been any links?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-maguire-ready-swap-leicester-2673131

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6838239/amp/Ole-Gunner-Solskjaer-urges-Manchester-United-relaunch-Harry-Maguire.html

theres actually a bunch of others too for anyone who cares to look through google...

36 minutes ago, Langston said:

I think people seriously underestimate how good Smalling is and just what a coup it'd be for a club on our rung to get him.

He's played over 300 games for one of the biggest clubs in the world, but because he's had a couple of moments that make funny GIFs people act as if he's David bloody May. He's infinitely better than Jones or Rojo.

Or Maguire 

5 hours ago, Langston said:

For me Smalling is a definite NO. Like all Man U players he is overpaid and would upset the pay scale at the club. He is decent defensively but poor offensively.

13 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Can't see it, it seemed to be more of a Mourinho obsession and like people have said Alderweirald is probably the better investment, if a bit risky considering his age

I heard it was other way round, Mourinho wanted Koulibaly but the board wanted Maguire which led to the public spats at the start of the season

Utd won't want Maguire just for his defending, they'd want him because he's exceptional as a ball playing CB. The run against Brighton when he took half their team on, or the 30yarder against Southampton. His ball playing from the back is one reason why Southgate promoted him above the likes of Smalling. Even though he's not the best out and out defender, I can see Utd paying 60+M for him.

• Like 3

Maguire is replaceable in my opinion. There are plenty of decent cbs around these days, Vardy and Maddison are the harder ones to replace when they are no longer here as good strikers and good attacking mids aren't as easy to come by. 

If we have to lose 1. Harry maybe the one to let go and certainly if it eclipses VVD fee.

Brendan will know better than anyone if Benkovic is ready for next season, he's given Wes another year and I'd say in recent weeks Evans has probably been our best CB.

That's not to say I want him to go i'd love to see us hold onto and build around this young side. But if we are going down the route of selling 1 player each summer to help balance the books. I reckon he's the one that's most easily replaced right now.

Edited by Bayfox

On 22/03/2019 at 11:58, Dan LCFC said:

This place is pathetic these days for over-reacting to any negative opinion on a player / manager. Turned on Maguire? No. I just don't necessarily think he's worth sixty five million. If we are seriously offered that then for me he goes.

This..

We aren’t ‘turning on Maguire’. We simply think 65 mill would be a great price for him. 

• Like 2

Simply this...you keep your best players..!!

.Benky &Soyu,might become the hate crusaders next marks!!

All of you shouting for a consistent top 5-7......but then show...well it's not too important!!!

Ffs it's not even your money!!