Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Man U surely need to invest in some proven talent and not pin their hopes on a load of 21 year olds? Relying on him and Sancho (if they went for him) would be a bit risky, although probably a better way to go than their recent recruitment stratergy.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Man U surely need to invest in some proven talent and not pin their hopes on a load of 21 year olds? Relying on him and Sancho (if they went for him) would be a bit risky, although probably a better way to go than their recent recruitment stratergy.

It's a week before the transfer window closes. After United chasing Varane all window, reports come out that he has signed a new, lucrative deal with Madrid and only used United for a new contract.

In a panic, United enquire after Umtiti and Koulibaly's availability but are flatly rejected. 

It's deadline day, and United focus on their last resort. Awash with cash, they come running for Maguire. Leicester hold them hostage for 70 million pounds and go into the next season well-prepared.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Shall I list the hundreds and thousands who do push for moves?

Of course there are going to be far far more that leave when big clubs call ...   but the wording of Maguires comments make me hope that he will stay for now (as in next season) as he thinks this club just might be going places and its a nice place to be ...   he can also see other young talented players staying and they can all improve together.   The season after that, or during the mid season window things could easily change in a heartbeat ..  but for now it looks as good as it can be.   My cups half full.  Lets see what happens ..   its going to be interesting ...   :)

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Yes paying for nappies and rusks will really eat in to his 70K a week.

Except that footballers regularly cite family concerns as reasons for making moves to earn more cash.

Of course the average bloke would be more than fine on the money he's on but they're not run-of-the-mill.

This recent discussion reminds me of the (in)famous NBA player Latrell Sprewell. 

At $15 million/year contract, a 34-year-old Sprewell was offered a 3-year/$21 million contract extension by the Minnesota Timberwolves, and he declined the offer as insulting, saying "I got a family to feed."

Sprewell wound up having the worst season of his career, was only offered $1m/year contracts that summer that he didn't accept, never played another NBA game afterwards, and went broke within a decade.

I would hope that Harry Maguire's agent has better business sense that Sprewell's. lol

Edited by Jordan
  • Haha 1

In terms of Maguire moving to United, it could be that a combination our asking price coupled with the need to replace a lot of their players rumoured to be leaving means a move is not tenable. There are all sorts of rumours that Herrera, Mata, Valencia and Darmian will all move on/be released after contract expirations, with Sanchez, Rojo and Pereira (unlikely) linked with moves too. Unless Maguire is a top, top target for them it's plausible the move may not be possible. Be interesting to see what comes of the media shitstorm around Solskjaer's appointment and United's transfer activity.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

Think a lot depends on United finishing top 4, if they finish top 4 they will likely keep Pogba, and be able to sign anyone despite Solskjaer. Finish 5th, they will lose Pogba, and Maguire is far more likely to go, never played in Europe, more money, nor wanted by any of the big six City, Real,Barca, PSG, Juve, Bayern....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If they get rid either one of/or both Chris Smalling and Phil Jones, reckon they'll be legs in this one.

Man United are appearing to go to the way Arsenal and Chelsea are at present - no leadership, expensive but inconsistent players, fans unsure of their relatively newish manager; hence clubs with no stability and are tailing off a bit.

He's still a very important asset to the team, regardless of the stats stating the team plays better without him etc, and he'll be a great loss if his head gets turned (but doubt it will considering LCFC seem the opposite to the club's above they've trying to surpass in the future).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If they get rid either one of/or both Chris Smalling and Phil Jones, reckon they'll be legs in this one.

Man United are appearing to go to the way Arsenal and Chelsea are at present - no leadership, expensive but inconsistent players, fans unsure of their relatively newish manager; hence clubs with no stability and are tailing off a bit.

He's still a very important asset to the team, regardless of the stats stating the team plays better without him etc, and he'll be a great loss if his head gets turned (but doubt it will considering LCFC seem the opposite to the club's above they've trying to surpass in the future).

Haven’t they both recently been given new contracts? Can’t imagine anybody will be buying them given age & wages

17 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, that and them both being absolutely ****ing shit.

I would take Smalling to be fair, could see him being really good for us. But like you say he’s just signed a new contract he’s going nowhere soon. As for Jones he can f**k off.

27 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would take Smalling to be fair, could see him being really good for us. But like you say he’s just signed a new contract he’s going nowhere soon. As for Jones he can f**k off.

I’d take Smalling, and put him straight in the bin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2