Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

21 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Why does it need to be an Asset?

What about all the dead wood players 

slim

silva

mendy

Elder

kaputska

nacho

gray is an option

Ghezzal

Amartery 

Plus there should be quite a significant drop in wages 

with the likes of 

Simpson 

fuchs

okazaki 

maybe king too

leaving ontop of any from above which can be offset as millions in less expenditure.

How exactly are we going to raise funds by creating more holes that need to be filled in our squad? Selling Amartey would mean buying a backup RB, probably for more money than we made back.

Besides, Amartey, Ghezzal, Mendy and Gray deadwood? They're key squad players and mostly on low wages. They're fine staying here. If we exclude them from your list, we're left with Slimani, Silva, Elder, Kaputska, and Iheanacho. We would make probably <5+20ish+<1+<5+<15, or optimistically, less than 45 million (in reality probably less) from that, and increase onto our summer transfer list another striker. That leaves us with Tielemans roughly paid for if we can sign him and two strikers to sign.

Of course we should sell deadwood, but unfortunately that's a slow process, involving loans out first to try to get some value back. Any money we make back from Slimani for example should be considered a bonus, not a part of our transfer plans.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Last time I checked those players are all still assets.

If we have to sell to spend £50m+, then that's exactly the point I'm making. Without doing so I can't see the money being there.

Lets not forget as well, that you'd be lucky to get about £500k for many of them. Then they'd need replacing so you end up diluting the money across more players and we don't spend it all on the areas we really need.

The previous conversation talked about selling a major Asset.

The players I listed are not, apart from Gray maybe

16 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

How exactly are we going to raise funds by creating more holes that need to be filled in our squad? Selling Amartey would mean buying a backup RB, probably for more money than we made back.

Besides, Amartey, Ghezzal, Mendy and Gray deadwood? They're key squad players and mostly on low wages. They're fine staying here. If we exclude them from your list, we're left with Slimani, Silva, Elder, Kaputska, and Iheanacho. We would make probably <5+20ish+<1+<5+<15, or optimistically, less than 45 million (in reality probably less) from that, and increase onto our summer transfer list another striker. That leaves us with Tielemans roughly paid for if we can sign him and two strikers to sign.

Of course we should sell deadwood, but unfortunately that's a slow process, involving loans out first to try to get some value back. Any money we make back from Slimani for example should be considered a bonus, not a part of our transfer plans.

Amartey only just signed new contract so would be very surprised if he left!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Today's Mockery suggests that he's perfectly happy to stay at the club.

with respect, we and he are hardly going to say anything different ………….

tells us nothing except if he is going, we are determined to make sure we get the max fee we possibly can …….even if that means him staying an extra window

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Today's Mockery suggests that he's perfectly happy to stay at the club.

Saying he is happy to stay is different of course to saying he would turn United down if they came knocking.

Its also a way of protecting his loyalty bonus.  his agent can be working behind the scenes to engineer a move  yet if he goes on record as saying he wants to move  or asking for a transfer then that’s northwards of a million quid that can go down the drain.

Good player that Maguire is, I'm not convinced that he is a particularly good defender. If we have Tielemans and Maddison in the midfield with Chilwell and Ricardo bombing forward we need a couple of defenders (a la Morgan and Huth) who just defend and are good at that particular aspect. Cash in on Maguire (£65m) and spend some of that on a central defender who has proven himself in the Premier League (Mee, Lascelles, Dunk, Smalling, Ake)

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Saying he is happy to stay is different of course to saying he would turn United down if they came knocking.

Its also a way of protecting his loyalty bonus.  his agent can be working behind the scenes to engineer a move  yet if he goes on record as saying he wants to move  or asking for a transfer then that’s northwards of a million quid that can go down the drain.

No I get that, but from some posts you'd think he was knocking on the manager's door every day demanding a transfer. I think it's clear he's going nowhere unless very good money is put on the table.

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

If Clod was still here he would be gone ...   others too ...   a fvckin great bit of work by Top and his team ...   

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Can’t think what else the guy can say tbh ...   could doom mongers move towards the exit sign at the back of the room please ...   me ? ...   I’m buzzing !! ....     :scarf:

If a good team comes in, he's gone if the bids acceptable. Which is no different to what would have happened under Puel. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If a good team comes in, he's gone if the bids acceptable. Which is no different to what would have happened under Puel. 

I think it’s very different to how it would have been under Puel ....   BR is a top manager and is yet another piece of the jigsaw puzzle that shows the ambition of this club ...  I think Harry can see that and for now is happy to stay with us on our journey.  IF we decide to sell him it’s because we want to and are are happy with the replacements we have.  If Clod was still here I think he would have pushed for a move ...

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think it’s very different to how it would have been under Puel ....   BR is a top manager and is yet another piece of the jigsaw puzzle that shows the ambition of this club ...  I think Harry can see that and for now is happy to stay with us on our journey.  IF we decide to sell him it’s because we want to and are are happy with the replacements we have.  If Clod was still here I think he would have pushed for a move ...

If a big clubs comes in he's likely to still push for a move though, as pretty much every player does when those clubs come calling. I don't see what's changed really.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If a big clubs comes in he's likely to still push for a move though, as pretty much every player does when those clubs come calling. I don't see what's changed really.

Let's be honest I can only think of two players that have turned down utd. Shearer and Le Ti's others that have either went to a top 5/6 team or abroad. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Let's be honest I can only think of two players that have turned down utd. Shearer and Le Ti's others that have either went to a top 5/6 team or abroad. 

Jamie Vardy Arsenal ?