Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

If we lose Maguire can Benko step up or even Sonyu, Rodgers has seen Benko play so must know if he is able to make the step up... we know Evans and Morgan are reliable as you can get but both are prone to an injury or fitness concerns .. lots to think about.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we lose Maguire can Benko step up or even Sonyu, Rodgers has seen Benko play so must know if he is able to make the step up... we know Evans and Morgan are reliable as you can get but both are prone to an injury or fitness concerns .. lots to think about.

They probably could. If we were able to get £80m for Maguire I'd like to see some of it reinvested in a centre back though 

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If they come in with £80 million then we have to take it surely.

He's a good player but losing him wouldn't be the end of the World, for large chunks of last season Jonny Evans was better than him.

£80+ I'd take then invest in someone like Dunk, Tarkowski or Lascelles who are ready to step up a level. One of those alongside Evans would set us good for the future, then as they develop you have Benkovic and Soyuncu waiting in the wings.

So you would be very happy settling for a player not as good as Maguire? Also we would have to pay a fortune for any of those players.

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

So you would be very happy settling for a player not as good as Maguire? Also we would have to pay a fortune for any of those players.

Yes, but...its all supposition. You assume whoever we can get aren`t as good. I assume we can find someone who will mean we won`t miss Harry (Christ - we may already have them).

70m / 80m is a crap load of cash, and we would have to become absolutely wofeful without Harry to drop that many league positions, plus it sets the club up for a good while.

Wouldn`t be surprised if this is all BS anyway...

70m and the transfer window opened yesterday. Sorry to say it but there's no chance he's going to be our player for next season.

United will add another 10m or that and we'll sell him.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

70m and the transfer window opened yesterday. Sorry to say it but there's no chance he's going to be our player for next season.

United will add another 10m or that and we'll sell him.

And it'll be a fantastic piece of business 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but...its all supposition. You assume whoever we can get aren`t as good. I assume we can find someone who will mean we won`t miss Harry (Christ - we may already have them).

70m / 80m is a crap load of cash, and we would have to become absolutely wofeful without Harry to drop that many league positions, plus it sets the club up for a good while.

Wouldn`t be surprised if this is all BS anyway...

It's a fairly good assumption to make that we won't get a better player than England's number one centre back and a player that is wanted by the best team in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Viva said:

It's a fairly good assumption to make that we won't get a better player than England's number one centre back and a player that is wanted by the best team in the league.

If you take the blue tinted glasses off he was very suspect last season, wasn't our best centre back. The money being mentioned outweighs his impact for the club imo

• Like 2

80m offer comes in and we’ll accept imo, the way Man U seem to operate is we’ll offer more than Man City so hopefully they come in with a 80m + offer and we’re laughing all the way to the bank, fantastic player but in Benkovic and Soyuncu I feel we’re quite well covered to accept the obscene money being thrown at us

• Like 1

Just now, dbtcity said:

80m offer comes in and we’ll accept imo, the way Man U seem to operate is we’ll offer more than Man City so hopefully they come in with a 80m + offer and we’re laughing all the way to the bank, fantastic player but in Benkovic and Soyuncu I feel we’re quite well covered to accept the obscene money being thrown at us

Can't see Man City playing ball with that one unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Perhaps, but I am not interested in how well he does for England if I am honest, only for Leicester. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

If you take the blue tinted glasses off he was very suspect last season, wasn't our best centre back. The money being mentioned outweighs his impact for the club imo

Blue tinted glasses or not his statement of him being England’s number 1 cb is pretty much on point

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Blue tinted glasses or not his statement of him being England’s number 1 cb is pretty much on point

Well yeah but his form for England is irrelevant when debating how much of a miss he'll be for us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He was for most of the season. Evans had a good end, but took a while to settle in. All players have drops in form. He could easily be our player of the season next year. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Well yeah but his form for England is irrelevant when debating how much of a miss he'll be for us

? agree my man I’ve said all along the 1 player I wouldn’t mind losing for big bucks it would be Maguire, happy if he stays like but the money being suggested we’ve got to cash in

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Viva said:

He was for most of the season. Evans had a good end, but took a while to settle in. All players have drops in form. He could easily be our player of the season next year. 

Was he? I thought he had a rubbish season to be honest. Constantly caught out of position, his awareness was off kilter and his general movement looked clunky 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It's not really though is it. If he shows ability for England to be one of the world's best defenders, then a good manager should be able to get that out of him here.