Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

21 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Looks like we're going to get a shit load of money for him.

It will be at least 90.

The manchester clubs not the only ones involved.

My guess is atletico or Liverpool as the other club. Be great business for 90m. Could go do all the other business apart from youri out of normal budget and have an unreal squad

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

If he goes to Man United now, he'll get heavily scrutinised if he doesn't perform well regularly.

They're quite a toxic club to play for at the moment.

Also more exposed for his lack of pace.

City he would look world class most likely.

• Like 1

Sell him for £80m, get in Lascelles for about £40m - Ashley is already considering selling off Longstaff on the cheap, who's their hottest prospect for years. Shouldn't take much cash to convince him to part with his best defender too. Lascelles is younger, and IMO will become a better player long-term.

• Like 1

The good thing about this bid is, it now completely makes Man City's transfer policy of never going above £65m almost redundant in this case. Even if Maguire would rather go and actually win things, it forces Man City to come closer to the fee we would want for him, all we need now is Sven to get another job and bid £100m for him.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Simply no way we accept this before Tielemans is sorted, but I think we would do the deal at £80m

Or do we take £70m and utd agree to walk away from the Tielemans table? 

£10m extra on mags may cost us an extra £20m for Tielemans. 

In all seriousness I would love to keep Maguire but IF we could beocme a stronger TEAM with the money we raised from him with shrewd investment (ala Liverpool) it makes sense as sad as I would be to see him leave.  Just imagine, in a dream scenario, if the post Maguire team could look something like....

Vardy

Townsend Maddison L. Dyer

Cattermole  Ndidi

Chilwell  Evans  Amartey  Ricardo

Schmeichel

Top 6 here we come.  X

• Haha 1

Just now, sylofox said:

Or do we take £70m and utd agree to walk away from the Tielemans table? 

£10m extra on mags may cost us an extra £20m for Tielemans. 

I did think that a few weeks ago, but I don't think they are seriously in for him as it stands.

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I would rather we take our chances on Soyuncu and/or Benkovic than spend £30 million on Dunk or Lascelles.

Big Wes as 4th choice, Amartey as cover for emergencies. I’m really not sure we need another centre back, we’ve got far more pressing areas to cover.

Agreed, absolutely no point keeping Soyuncu or Benkovic if we don't have faith in them. Dunk and Lascelles are solid enough Premier League defenders but they'll cost stupid money and I don't think they improve us that much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I would rather we take our chances on Soyuncu and/or Benkovic than spend £30 million on Dunk or Lascelles.

Big Wes as 4th choice, Amartey as cover for emergencies. I’m really not sure we need another centre back, we’ve got far more pressing areas to cover.

Exactly this. 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

In all seriousness I would love to keep Maguire but IF we could beocme a stronger TEAM with the money we raised from him with shrewd investment (ala Liverpool) it makes sense as sad as I would be to see him leave.  Just imagine, in a dream scenario, if the post Maguire team could look something like....

Vardy

Cattermole  Ndidi

Schmeichel

Top 6 here we come.  X

No Tielemans!? Please tell me you're not an ITK 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Vardy

Cattermole  Ndidi

Chilwell  Evans  Morgan  Ricardo

Schmeichel

Top 6 here we come.  X

:claude:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Vardy

Cattermole  Ndidi

Schmeichel

Top 6 here we come.  X

Colcityfan is knocking one out right now! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Benkovic and soyuncu pairing could potentially last us a decade why on earth would we need another defender it has never made any sense to me we bought these two in case maguire left a year ago and now alll of a sudden they aren't good enough.

• Like 2

Just now, lgfualol said:

Christ, feel like we should take 70m. That's ****ing loads for him. 

It's the cost of replacing him we should be wary of. Only a few years back £25 million may have seemed high for a defender, but the market since then has gone sky high.

23 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You quoted something you couldn't care about to prove a point then when you were informed you had missed the point of the emoji you pretended it didn't matter anyway forgetting you were the one that made a deal of it in the first place?  Welcome to FT, you will fit in nicely.  XX

Oh give up. I made the point that he was delighted about Maguire going which I found strange as he is one of our best players. Simple as that. If that particular emoji meant something different I couldn’t care. I know what he thought about the matter.