Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Won't mind selling him at all for anything above £60+ million. 

We are not a club who's fighting for a Top-3 finish (at least not at the moment) so we can afford having an average talent at the CB position and focus more on making the defence a unit instead of relying on a few big talents. (We won the league that way). As long as we have a good midfield that can cover the gaps, an average defence is more than serviceable.

I don’t think the club will buy into that philosophy. They’ve very recently spent considerable compensation to entice a manager with a particular style. In addition, the players signed (or the vast majority) are players who have the potential of attracting the “world class” tag.

If we sell Harry, we have the money yes but the very difficult job of replacing him with a player who benefits the new style. With that in mind, if we do sell it has to be top level and then some. Anything less and we have shot ourselves. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Thats not celebrating. Its OK you're new around here :thumbup:

Fair enough. I couldn’t care what it means, but I know you would be delighted with £90m so same thing really. 

3 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Agree a 90 million deal and then only then allow HM to consider his options.

We need to make a stand in particular against Man City although i cant stand either Manchester club. My gut feeling is that Harry will stay anyway.

If what @Abrasive fox said is true about a third club being interested then there is no chance he will stay. 

Guest ttfn

I would rather we take our chances on Soyuncu and/or Benkovic than spend £30 million on Dunk or Lascelles.

Big Wes as 4th choice, Amartey as cover for emergencies. I’m really not sure we need another centre back, we’ve got far more pressing areas to cover.

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

Fair enough. I couldn’t care what it means, but I know you would be delighted with £90m so same thing really. 

You quoted something you couldn't care about to prove a point then when you were informed you had missed the point of the emoji you pretended it didn't matter anyway forgetting you were the one that made a deal of it in the first place?  Welcome to FT, you will fit in nicely.  XX

4 minutes ago, Aesc said:

It has probably already been mentioned in the depths of this thread, but do we know if Hull get a sell on %? I seem to remember they do, but can't remember how much.

15% of any profit we make

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Heard through the grapevine that Brendan wants to look at Amartey in the centre back role. He’s mainly played CB for Ghana and could be an interesting option to keep an eye on during pre-season. 

Good in the air, comfortable enough on the ball to play cb, fast and strong... I personally think it’s probably his natural position 

Just now, sylofox said:

That will be the spuds offer. Arse will sling a bottle of wine in to top them. 

...and a Jenkinson? (Is he still on their books?)

4 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

70 million bid from Man U has come in apparantly.

I would of thought man utd, being one of the biggest earning clubs in the world, would have actually understood what "only consider a bid in excess of van dykes world record 75million quid" actually means.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

You quoted something you couldn't care about to prove a point then when you were informed you had missed the point of the emoji you pretended it didn't matter anyway forgetting you were the one that made a deal of it in the first place?  Welcome to FT, you will fit in nicely.  XX

Oh Rumble

you never put xx on your messages, does this mean you have take a shining to the new member?

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Oh Rumble

you never put xx on your messages, does this mean you have take a shining to the new member?

Good spot. Double kisses for new members - cheap slag.....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big loss if he goes, the way he takes the ball forward and drives the midfield up the pitch shouldn’t be underestimated. Big shoes to fill but a shed load of money to reinvest. If Abrasive Fox is right £90m is hard to turn down. 

Will still Ibe sad to see him leave though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

If he goes to Man United now, he'll get heavily scrutinised if he doesn't perform well regularly.

They're quite a toxic club to play for at the moment.

I think the same can be said about both Manchester clubs, look how the fans have reacted to Mahrez :S