Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

This much for an unproven 19 year old from the Portuguese league. And they say Maguire is overpriced.

Edited by Koke

We don’t want to sell him, we have no need to sell him and he has a long term contract here, hence the price tag that we have put on him. It isn’t like a few years ago when these clubs could get players from teams like ours for a cut price. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

“Leicester City are inflating the market”

CAC4914A-AAAC-4588-8CA1-1A2030965FB1.thumb.jpeg.df66813e6e76dc30b7a43ce8e2e055eb.jpeg

thats actually pretty funny tbh, since that Utd fan was saying crap about HM not being worth £100mil or roundabouts but forgets all the money theyve spent on players who cant even get in the starting 11 there

what a deluded fruit cake, no one is batting an eye lid them spending £50 mil on AWB from Palace but we set an £80-100mil price tag on HM and we get called, hypocritical much

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats actually pretty funny tbh, since that Utd fan was saying crap about HM not being worth £100mil or roundabouts but forgets all the money theyve spent on players who cant even get in the starting 11 there

what a deluded fruit cake, no one is batting an eye lid them spending £50 mil on AWB from Palace but we set an £80-100mil price tag on HM and we get called, hypocritical much

The ones complaining,das Not hardened Core  Manutds fans.  They are the plastics,from around the globe.....shitstirring  it ,as usual.!

If Man Utd or Man City or Liverpool or Chelsea want any player from any club then that club should always set a premium price of plus 20%. These clubs are loaded and should be made to pay the maximum amount possible for any player.

Clubs in the Premier League don't need to keep selling their best players and it isn't good for the health of the game if a few clubs have most of the best players on their books. It is also bad for the National team as young English, and indeed British pros, are not getting game time.

I think it would be excellent if temas like us, Wolves, Everton etc started offering money for the best young players at sides like Chelsea, Man City etc just to unsettle their clubs. After all we can probably offer more prospects of playing regular football. Of course agents are the big stumbling block in all of this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't think the media give two hoots who plays where.

Instead, as a commercial enterprise, they make more money speculating on big club player/politics/strategy....Any business minded editor worth his salt would demand accurate well sourced stories...but ideally stories which mass numbers want to read

This. 

The idea that the media is involved in some kind of conspiracy to force the transfers of players to 'big' clubs is so obviously ridiculous if you pause to think about it even for a few seconds, yet you hear it repeated all the time. The media knows that people in this country love football - it's a huge business. During the close season, when there is little actual news to report on, transfer speculation is the only way to fill the pages/airwaves. Some of the rumours may have substance, most probably won't. It really doesn't matter. There are lots of rumours about our players right now simply because we have a very good young squad with a number of players who are only going to improve. That attracts transfer gossip, but it's not a conspiracy.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

47 Million for Fred lollol

I'll see your £46m for Fred lollol and raise you a £75m for Lukalump lollollol

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, reynard said:

If Man Utd or Man City or Liverpool or Chelsea want any player from any club then that club should always set a premium price of plus 20%. These clubs are loaded and should be made to pay the maximum amount possible for any player.

Clubs in the Premier League don't need to keep selling their best players and it isn't good for the health of the game if a few clubs have most of the best players on their books. It is also bad for the National team as young English, and indeed British pros, are not getting game time.

I think it would be excellent if temas like us, Wolves, Everton etc started offering money for the best young players at sides like Chelsea, Man City etc just to unsettle their clubs. After all we can probably offer more prospects of playing regular football. Of course agents are the big stumbling block in all of this.

This is exactly what I have been saying here and elsewhere. how would they like it if we tried to pinch the likes of Foden from them.  The only stumbling block is probably the fact that they pay wages that are out of our league for people to warm their bench just so other clubs cannot get them.

I hope we dont sell and just continue to improve the squad if we push and manage top 6 next season. Maguire will be worth around 100m.

Keep our best players and improve weaker areas and we could be a force 

Edited by Fox85
Spell check

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

It's not the price that's pissing them off. 

It's the fact little Leicester won't bow down to them and cave in. 

We really should give them a pay up or feck off price. 

Completely agree with this. Whilst there is still definitely the "haves and have nots" when it comes to revenue, Premier League money is diffusing power to a wider number of teams. That is irksome to clubs and fans who have it it all their own way for far to long.

Long may it continue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

This much for an unproven 19 year old from the Portuguese league. And they say Maguire is overpriced.

This is the most obscene transfer I think there has ever been.

Just now, AKCJ said:

This is the most obscene transfer I think there has ever been.

but, but, but...its fine as he is a "generational talent" 

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We don’t want to sell him, we have no need to sell him and he has a long term contract here, hence the price tag that we have put on him. It isn’t like a few years ago when these clubs could get players from teams like ours for a cut price. 

They don't listen to logic, trust me on that.

They seem to think that other teams in the Prem develop players for the purpose of the top 4, and that we should roll over on price when they come knocking!

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agree this should be locked, there's no news.

$ky just recirculating the same old shit to drive transfer bets. 

Sky do not own Skybet.  Or any other betting company.  They sell advertising based on clicks.

No one seems to know what Arry is valued at. Some foreign hacks have him as £40mn, then the Manchester clubs seem to be thinking £60mn and we seem to be anywhere from £65mn to £100mn. Its like think up a number. If Slim was £30mn Arry has to be £100mn. I'd retire on that money, take my Kodi box with me for August to May and chase women the rest of the time. Maybe we need more female refs, to speed Arry up a bit on the field?

24 minutes ago, Bazly said:

No one seems to know what Arry is valued at. Some foreign hacks have him as £40mn, then the Manchester clubs seem to be thinking £60mn and we seem to be anywhere from £65mn to £100mn. Its like think up a number. If Slim was £30mn Arry has to be £100mn. I'd retire on that money, take my Kodi box with me for August to May and chase women the rest of the time. Maybe we need more female refs, to speed Arry up a bit on the field?

Glad to see you wouldn't waste it on anything trivia.

• Like 1