Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

When do you reckon it gets to the point when we can't refuse. 80m, 90m or 100m

We can refuse all of it... but for me anything north of £70m is a very decent offer that should be at least given consideration and not dismissed out of hand. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

If he played abroad nobody would be moaning. Our fans are no different regularly turning their noses up at players from here. 

aye, though our fans would both at both tbh:ph34r:

cant please everyone all of the time as they say

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd say 80m. I know there's a lot of fans not wanting to see him leave but every player has his price and that is way above his

I see your point now in terms of value he is at his peak. 26 and english homegrown status. Important for the manchester clubs considering english isn't the main demographic in their squads. If we were to hold on to him bar a super star season his value will start to decrease.

Edited by Fightforever
Typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Any club that is willing to pay Marcus Rashford 200k per week will spark interest in any professional player.

It's actually 300k which makes it even more ridiculous. 

Rashford is a good striker but he's not a great one, he's never outscored Vardy in a season. £300k a week means Man Utd are stuck with him come what may as he'll see every last penny of that contract.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the amount of other teams fans saying hes not worth and such, but the same ****** dont say a word then the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc spend £50+mil on players who havent played in the premier and then fail

HM has done well in the prem, the stats show that and hes only signed a new contract last summer, england international too

the snobbery kind of annoys me, 

It’s amazing how a lot of people seemingly don’t understand simple supply and demand concepts

If you want something that isn’t for sale, and the customer doesn’t need to sell, you will have to pay a premium, it isn’t hard to understand

Yes Maguire is probably only actually worth around £50m, but he isn’t for sale, we don’t need to sell, Liverpool set a benchmark of £75m for Van Dijk, unlike Van Dijk, Maguire hasn’t made a fuss for a move, so we have justifiable reasons to ask for more than that

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he played abroad nobody would be moaning. Our fans are no different regularly turning their noses up at players from here. 

For good reason let's be fair. I hate it when we target English based players. 

Not because they're inherently worse but because English clubs can afford to hold their talent and demand more. 

You could clone Maguire, clone everything about his strength, size, aerial ability, footballing ability but make him a Mali international playing for Sparta Prague and he'd go for £12m tops. 

On paper, I'd have liked a Deeney Vardy front two but I was passionately opposed to us signing him because he'd have cost 30/40m just because Watford could hold out. 

Edited by Finnegan

Great to see some of the valuations of our players nowadays. If you'd have said 5 years ago that we'd be selling players for £70m+ you'd have never believed it. The club has done some great business amongst the obvious duds

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Great to see some of the valuations of our players nowadays. If you'd have said 5 years ago that we'd be selling players for £70m+ you'd have never believed it. The club has done some great business amongst the obvious duds

A sign of the times 

I’m sure the likes of Palace and Watford feel the same.

Bissaka 50m

Richarlison 50m

Zaha ??

If the £70m offer is true then he'll go but we'll probably get our £80m. Deals this big don't get done because of a few million quid. 

For us it's a good time to sell, Maguire at 26 is probably at his peak age before his fee starts to decline. If Benkovic and Soyuncu are both injury free and as good as what we thought we were buying then we should be able to cover Maguire's position in house. Bottom line is an £80m player wants a salary fitting of his worth and we can't offer him that kind of money as no doubt he'll be offered £200k a week there.

All in all this would be our fourth major sale since we won the title. Kante and Mahrez I didn't want to happen but we were forced into both for two different reasons. Maguire at £80m would be similar to Drinkwater for £35m for me, both great players for us but happy to get the transfer fee on offer. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

A sign of the times 

Bissaka 50m

Richarlison 50m

Zaha ??

Do not see how Arsenal can afford Zaha without some players going the other way

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

For good reason let's be fair. I hate it when we target English based players. 

Not because they're inherently worse but because English clubs can afford to hold their talent and demand more. 

You could clone Maguire, clone everything about his strength, size, aerial ability, footballing ability but make him a Mali international playing for Sparta Prague and he'd go for £12m tops. 

On paper, I'd have liked a Deeney Vardy front two but I was passionately opposed to us signing him because he'd have cost 30/40m just because Watford could hold out. 

I think it's far simpler, people are just seduced by foreign signings and foreign managers more than they are British. I'm not sure the majority even consider price. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

A sign of the times 

Bissaka 50m

Richarlison 50m

Zaha ??

True. Most of those clubs have the odd one or two worth that money. We've got Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Ndidi and hopefully Tielemans who could all command that kind of fee

Whilst I don’t think he’s worth anywhere near the money being spoken about, these two clubs appear to be there for the taking so we should stand firm until he’s outright the most expensive defender in the world (which in itself is mad that a) it’s a Leicester City player and b) it’s Harry Maguire!)

£80m and everyone’s happy, well except for the purchasing club who in 3 months realise they’ve massively overpaid!

• Like 1

If they come in with £80 million then we have to take it surely.

He's a good player but losing him wouldn't be the end of the World, for large chunks of last season Jonny Evans was better than him.

£80+ I'd take then invest in someone like Dunk, Tarkowski or Lascelles who are ready to step up a level. One of those alongside Evans would set us good for the future, then as they develop you have Benkovic and Soyuncu waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

If it gets higher than 70, then we have to consider it surely? Would not just free us from any restrictions for this and the next few windows, but I doubt his stock will get any higher and unless we do break into the top 6, he is likely to go next window I reckon.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

How can people not tell the difference between saying a player is a ‘bomb scare’ and a ‘potential bomb scare from time to time’

it's not the same  ....

Sol Bamba,  now that was a bomb scare.