Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

It’s quite interesting that this new offer has been “leaked” by Rob Dorset a man with connections at Leicester and not either Manchester club. 

Suggest we are enticing a bidding war - we’ll played to the club of this is the case. No need to sell but £75 million plus - yes please.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Yes we do.

We have top six aspirations, we can't rely on two inexperienced players in Benkovic and Soyuncu, those two need more time to develop.

Buying someone like Dunk, Tarkowski or Lascelles would see us set for the future, one of those would make a strong partnership with Evans. Benkovic and Soyuncu can develop, by the 2020/2021 season they'll more than likely be ready, Wes will probably retire or get released.

That would then leave us with Dunk/Tarkowski/Lascelles, Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu as our CB options, every club needs two players per position, those as our RCB or LCB options look pretty good to me.

Just a thought, but instead of a Dunk, Tarkowski or Lasceless what about another experienced CB like Evans, so we have two leaders at the back again.

Edited by Shane

Just now, Shane said:

Just a thought, but instead of a Dunk, Tarkowski or Lasceless what about another experienced CB like Evans?

Having two leaders at the back again would be fantastic. 

You serious?

Dunk is Brighton's captain.

Lascelles is Newcastle's captain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Looks like we're going to get a shit load of money for him.

It will be at least 90.

The manchester clubs not the only ones involved.

Oh you great big tease....is it Arsenal? It is isn`t it? Its Arsenal lol

• Haha 1

Won't mind selling him at all for anything above £60+ million. 

We are not a club who's fighting for a Top-3 finish (at least not at the moment) so we can afford having an average talent at the CB position and focus more on making the defence a unit instead of relying on a few big talents. (We won the league that way). As long as we have a good midfield that can cover the gaps, an average defence is more than serviceable.

Edited by the fox

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It will be at least 90.

Do you think he'll defenately go ?

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Heard through the grapevine that Brendan wants to look at Amartey in the centre back role. He’s mainly played CB for Ghana and could be an interesting option to keep an eye on during pre-season. 

I'd have no problem with this.

Amartey made CB in the best XI of the AFCON last time. For a CB he is very quick and athletic and good on the ball. Selling Maguire might be the making of Soyuncu, Benkovic and Amartey as all of a sudden there is a place in the team to play for. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It will be at least 90.

I’m not surprised - everyone is looking at Harry as a defender. The major part of his value to a good footballing side playing out from the back is his ability to keep the ball under pressure and play through any press 

brendan wants us to play like that - it’s going to be v difficult to find someone as good as maguire at doing this and being a decent defender. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It will be at least 90.

Overseas? 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh you great big tease....is it Arsenal? It is isn`t it? Its Arsenal lol

They're gonna offer us a tenner and a Maryland bucket. 

I'd prefer he stayed but for £80m I'd take it. £30m on Dunk, £40m on Tielemans and Justin's fee covered. 

I'd also argue that Dunk and Evan's would leave us far more solid at the back than Maguire and Evan's but we'd clearly be losing that ability to carry the ball out of defense. 

I have to say (before anyone says it for me) that I dont think Dunk is worth 30 but if we sell Maguire for 80 then that's what we are gonna have to pay. 

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It will be at least 90.

Camp Nou, gonna call it :D

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'd prefer he stayed but for £80m I'd take it. £30m on Dunk, £40m on Tielemans and Justin's fee covered. 

I'd also argue that Dunk and Evan's would leave us far more solid at the back than Maguire and Evan's but we'd clearly be losing that ability to carry the ball out of defense. 

I have to say (before anyone says it for me) that I dont think Dunk is worth 30 but if we sell Maguire for 80 then that's what we are gonna have to pay. 

I think Brighton would push for more tbh

• Like 1